Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official February 2018 LSAT Waiting Thread

Comments

• mcglz_64mcglz_64 Alum Member
    891 karma

Guys, I don't think they will release them until at least the 4th/5th.

• gzitogzito Free Trial Member
    20 karma

@Golden54 Did you give them a call?

891 karma

Also, re the email .... I did it. I was like...psh, optional survey..so I ignored it but I thought...maybe if I do them this one favor they will smile upon us and release our scores soon!!

• sbc.mom_3xsbc.mom_3x Alum Member
    1501 karma

@Golden54 said:
    Well I give up, I just hung up with LSAC and I don't think they're releasing our scores tomorrow because of the recent test :neutral:

What did they say to make you think that? I wish they'd not group the 2/10 takers with other takers. Why couldn't we get our scores earlier than the delayed takers? We took it sooner, makes sense to release our scores sooner.

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

Sorry for drifting away from the main purpose of this thread.... Is it logical to expect the release of February scores to trigger a wave of school decisions?

1501 karma

@tylerdschreur10 said:
    Sorry for drifting away from the main purpose of this thread.... Is it logical to expect the release of February scores to trigger a wave of school decisions?

Seems like a reasonable correlation.

1501 karma

I don't know about anyone else but I am refreshing this forum as much as I am the LSAC page. Hoping for someone to say they've gone grey!

• Golden54Golden54 Free Trial Member
    116 karma

@"sbc.mom_3x" said:

@Golden54 said:
    Well I give up, I just hung up with LSAC and I don't think they're releasing our scores tomorrow because of the recent test :neutral:

What did they say to make you think that? I wish they'd not group the 2/10 takers with other takers. Why couldn't we get our scores earlier than the delayed takers? We took it sooner, makes sense to release our scores sooner.

I know. I have been calling all week and getting the same answer: Given the late test takers scores will not go out until next week :neutral: I hope they are just saying that or they don't really know.

116 karma

@gzito said:

Yes I called and no luck. Also, some law schools know before we do; well one in particular and I have not gotten an update.

1501 karma

@Golden54 I guess taking their word for it is the best thing we can do. Hoping for Monday I guess.

• olioliberolioliber Alum Member
    729 karma

@Golden54 said:

@gzito said:

Yes I called and no luck. Also, some law schools know before we do; well one in particular and I have not gotten an update.

How do you know schools know the score before we do?

• zanesbitzanesbit Alum Member
    102 karma

@tanes256 I share your sentiment this test felt oddly easier than any previous or practice live test I've taken. I had loads of time after one LR section and was sitting there waiting for her to call 5 mins like...this never happens to me. I'll always putting B's at the end. So, either it was a great success or epic failure...that whole robbery, man, woman, load noise game was a wash for me. @olioliber is you did that you'd be the LSAT G.O.A.T (Greatest of All Time)!I am obsessing over email and feeling nauseous every time I pick up my phone and press a button. Don't want to see the score until I am mentally prepared. Sigh...

edited March 2018 116 karma

@olioliber said:

@Golden54 said:

@gzito said:

Know the release date before we do. And I took the exam in December and received an email the day before stating my scores would be released the following day. A friend took it in June of last year and the same went to her a day before. I am anxiously waiting and hoping to receive one soon...

• Aspiring1LAspiring1L Alum Member
    159 karma

I got an email from a law school 2 hours ago saying scores are coming out next week.

729 karma

@Golden54 said:

@olioliber said:

@Golden54 said:

@gzito said:

Know the release date before we do. And I took the exam in December and received an email the day before stating my scores would be released the following day. A friend took it in June of last year and the same went to her a day before. I am anxiously waiting and hoping to receive one soon...

I see I see...

• TheAnxious0LTheAnxious0L Alum Member
    587 karma

@Aspiring1L said:
    I got an email from a law school 2 hours ago saying scores are coming out next week.

Same, but I think that’s based on the predicted numbers. Correct me if I’m wrong but I’ve been told that a number of consulting agencies (like Spivey) have said law schools don’t know about LSAT release dates before us.

• cstrobelcstrobel Alum Member
    228 karma

@Aspiring1L said:

Oooooooooh! That's interesting. Hopefully that'll liberate us from all this craziness for three days.

116 karma

@"Idil.Beshir" said:

@Aspiring1L said:

Same, but I think that’s based on the predicted numbers. Correct me if I’m wrong but I’ve been told that a number of consulting agencies (like Spivey) have said law schools don’t know about LSAT release dates before us.

One school in particular...

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

I got an email today from a school stating that scores are coming out next week too. I think they’re just going by the predicted date. I’m guessing it’ll be next week though. I don’t recall getting an email in December prior to scores being released though. Everybody got one?

• rnshumarrnshumar Free Trial Member
    68 karma

Yes, I just got an email. Do you think the schools are just going with the scheduled release date on LSAC? Or do they actually have more info?
    But yeah, I also think that they are going to released next week- oh well, more time to mentally prepare I guess lol

116 karma

@rnshumar said:
    Yes, I just got an email. Do you think the schools are just going with the scheduled release date on LSAC? Or do they actually have more info?
    But yeah, I also think that they are going to released next week- oh well, more time to mentally prepare I guess lol

I think they're just going with the schedule for now.

• Aspiring1LAspiring1L Alum Member
    159 karma

I got an email from a law school on 12/21 saying December LSAT scores were being released the next day. Turns out, that law school was right. Scores came out on 12/22.

• MooseonthelooseMooseontheloose Alum Member
    92 karma

@Aspiring1L said:
    I got an email from a law school on 12/21 saying December LSAT scores were being released the next day. Turns out, that law school was right. Scores came out on 12/22.

That may be because LSAC tweeted on 12/21 that scores were going to be released the next day.

116 karma

@Mooseontheloose said:

@Aspiring1L said:

That may be because LSAC tweeted on 12/21 that scores were going to be released the next day.

Yeah and apparently LSAC posted it on their Twitter page as well.... Hoping for the best of both worlds tomorrow: Score Release and Good Score...

• rnshumarrnshumar Free Trial Member
    68 karma

I don't mean to be dramatic but I am internally dying...like I want to see my score but I also don't, you know?

729 karma

@rnshumar said:
    I don't mean to be dramatic but I am internally dying...like I want to see my score but I also don't, you know?

Same! Can't even sleep. This is sO frustrating

116 karma

Good Morning,

May scores be released today. Hoping for the best...

• CPAtoJDCPAtoJD Member
    112 karma

I had a dream that scores got released and I got a better score than expected. Then in my dream I told myself "Oh man, I hope this isn't a dream." And then I woke up.

116 karma

@CPAtoJD said:
    I had a dream that scores got released and I got a better score than expected. Then in my dream I told myself "Oh man, I hope this isn't a dream." And then I woke up.

Hopefully it's a good sign for all of us :smile:

729 karma

I've been receiving daily emails from schools. Today it's been awfully quiet in my inbox.... this must mean only one thing ...

1501 karma

@olioliber said:
    I've been receiving daily emails from schools. Today it's been awfully quiet in my inbox.... this must mean only one thing ...

that it's going to remain quiet? lol. I am torturing myself over here on the computer. I work from home and on the computer so I have a tab up for this page and LSAC.. It's getting out of hand, I keep hitting refresh. I first took the test in 2015, and I was not privy to grey-day or knowledge of scores being released sooner than scheduled. So, this go around is much more stressful.

729 karma

@"sbc.mom_3x" said:

@olioliber said:

that it's going to remain quiet? lol. I am torturing myself over here on the computer. I work from home and on the computer so I have a tab up for this page and LSAC.. It's getting out of hand, I keep hitting refresh. I first took the test in 2015, and I was not privy to grey-day or knowledge of scores being released sooner than scheduled. So, this go around is much more stressful.

DK twitted it's most likely today. And from the common release time, we can expect it around 4:20

1501 karma

Spivey's twitter says scores will "probably" be released today.

1501 karma

Hey I think we commented about twitter at the same time, haha. So do you know, would we go grey hours before that, or soon before? Or it varies??

729 karma

@"sbc.mom_3x" said:
    Hey I think we commented about twitter at the same time, haha. So do you know, would we go grey hours before that, or soon before? Or it varies??

I'm just waiting for the email.

116 karma

@olioliber said:

@"sbc.mom_3x" said:

@olioliber said:

DK twitted it's most likely today. And from the common release time, we can expect it around 4:20

Well I received my score at 12:21pm in December.

• Mitchell-1Mitchell-1 Member
    756 karma

@"sbc.mom_3x" said:

It varies. Everyone goes grey at the same time and then the decisions come in waves over the next few hours. People usually go grey around 3-5pm eastern (but as someone mentioned above, they broke with tradition in December and released around noon, but I think the reason was to make sure scores were out before normal closing time before a long holiday)

1501 karma

@olioliber said:

@"sbc.mom_3x" said:

I'm just waiting for the email.

Wish I had that self-control.

729 karma

@Golden54 said:

@olioliber said:

@"sbc.mom_3x" said:

@olioliber said:

That was an outlier

• Radhika.Radhika. Member
    214 karma

I think all of your guys' anxiety is rubbing off on me.... but I am still trying to stay away from the LSAC website until I know it is grey day.

• Jennifer-4Jennifer-4 Member
    72 karma

December they tweeted that it would be coming out, is that typical?

116 karma

This is torture, torture, torture. I don't think scores are being releases today.

• cstrobelcstrobel Alum Member
    228 karma

@"Jennifer-4" said:
    December they tweeted that it would be coming out, is that typical?

I believe that was the first time

116 karma

@olioliber said:

@Golden54 said:

@olioliber said:

@"sbc.mom_3x" said:

@olioliber said:

That was an outlier

Yeah. Hopefully they're released by 5pm.

• SuesuesueSuesuesue Member
    44 karma

Can someone tell me the insider behind the term "grey day" ??????????

1501 karma

@Suesuesue said:

Icons on your lsac account will turn grey, currently they are green.

891 karma

Anyone have any plans for the weekend? :P

1501 karma

Let us not forget that LSAT scores can be released on weekends. Anxious nerves are not off the hook if today ends w/no score release hah :(

1501 karma

@mcglz_64 said:
    Anyone have any plans for the weekend? :P

Not really. 2 of my sons just got over the flu. Myself and my youngest were lucky to not catch it. Pretty safe to say we're in the clear.. perhaps I can pick up some beer to celebrate that lol.

• SuesuesueSuesuesue Member
    44 karma

@"sbc.mom_3x" said:

@Suesuesue said:

Icons on your lsac account will turn grey, currently they are green.

Ahhhhhhh okay okay thank you!! Still just anxiously clicking refresh.....