Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tips for self-care on test day

Marie4lawschoolMarie4lawschool Alum Member
edited February 2015 in February 2015 LSAT 359 karma
Hey everyone -- you've all been such awesome buddies as 7Sagers I thought I'd recommend something from my personal LSAT experience -- take headache meds or whatever you might need along those lines with you on test day.

In September I had a cold as I flew into Florida the day before the LSAT from where I live in Costa Rica and thanks to the pressure changes during the flight my cold erupted and I developed the most awful sinus headache during the LSAT and had no meds on me. So this time I'm flying into Florida tomorrow - a day earlier - in case anything needs to settle, and I'll have meds on me on test day just in case. Hopefully most of you are very local to a LSAT center but I thought I'd mention this in case it might be a useful heads up to someone!

Any other tips to share?

Best wishes to all you fellow hard workers and dreamers for Saturday! I'm really going to miss the 7Sage camaraderie.

Comments

• emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Make sure you wake up early enough to get a full meal for breakfast. Also, leave about 30 mins early due to traffic, events may be going on at your testing center. & just remain calmed and relaxed. Good luck everyone!
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    you're flying to another state that close to test day O.o ballsy (unless its like an hr flight... even then dang) but I do agree it'd be nice to have an advil in yer pocket
  • Marie4lawschoolMarie4lawschool Alum Member
    edited February 2015 359 karma
    Flying to another country, jdawg113! No test centers here in Costa Rica.

Nilesh: good tips! Thanks for the link. Getting the hydration vs. desperate-for-the-restroom balance is important. My last test center was really s-l-o-w (e.g., handed out the test papers in the wrong order, so had to collect them back in, reorder them , and start again...). A couple test-takers couldn't make it through to the break and lost precious minutes on a restroom dash during the third test section.
    2654 karma
    lol dang I would have definitely tried to get there a bit earlier than that so you can relax and adapt to the environment but I guess ya do what ya gotta do
  • Marie4lawschoolMarie4lawschool Alum Member
    359 karma
    You're right, jdawg113. As Deputy Director of an American international school here and with the Director away, it's pushing it to leave as is. Hope you're relaxing -- about to wind down here... By the way, thanks for all your great contributions to discussions - reckon you've helped a lot of us.
    2654 karma
    haha reckon... I like it, thanks :) I try