Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I've done everything I can, now what?

Lsat taker22Lsat taker22 Alum Member
edited March 2018 in General 315 karma

Hey all!

I'm currently struggling with something that honestly shouldn't even be an issue - I have nothing to do anymore.

I've completed all apps and just (painfully) waiting for the LSAT to come out this Wednesday evening like many of you. I think I'm having issues of just trying to "relax" because honestly I don't know how or what to do that can make me relax.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do either in terms of 1) law school related stuff, or 2) relaxation stuff to keep my mind busy?

much thanks to all!

Comments

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

Meditate!

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    edited March 2018 4850 karma

Go back and do what you did for fun before you started studying for the LSAT.

If that doesn't help: Go for a swim, bike, run, hike, walk, take your kids to the zoo, volunteer at your local food bank, read a book you have been meaning to, binge-watch Downton Abby, try no internet for 24 hours...

Either way, call your mom and tell her you love her. That always helps.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

Video games. Kills time, brain cells, and stress :smile:

• hawaiihihawaiihi Free Trial Member
    edited March 2018 973 karma

@LSAT_Wrecker said:
    Either way, call your mom and tell her you love her. That always helps.

Or your grandparents! Usually calling grandparents is a good reminder that you're awesome and everything is gonna be okay (because it's true!)

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Maybe go to a bookstore. Maybe with your kids.

• 92 karma

Maybe hang out on the discussion board and help other people out. As someone who has taught for over a decade, I have learned that the only way to really know whether I really know something is if I can explain it to others in their learning style. Also, naps are always a viable choice!

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma

Start a law school prep class? Or related readings. I've been out of school so long I'm probably going to take a refresher course for grammar.

Plus you can start researching housing and food costs, budgeting...

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

go to vegas!!

• Lsat taker22Lsat taker22 Alum Member
    edited March 2018 315 karma

I've literally made a "to-do" list and here's what I've got so far:

Meditate for 10 minutes each day.

Bike around my block.

Follow-up on cousins, uncles, and aunts.

Play Final Fantasy X and Dragonball Z (going to cost about $80 total).

Start taking naps to catch up on sleep.

(maybe) go to Vegas...lol @westcoastbestcoast

No need to call mother, she's in the living room at the moment :smile:

If there's any other suggestions, please let me know!

@stepharizona Will you be enrolling in a prep course? If so, do you have any suggestions and when the best time would be to enroll in one? I've heard of rumors of Larry Law Law, BarBri, and LEEWS as being the best but I have zero knowledge on any of them.

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

Apply for scholarships!

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma

I bought Larry Law when it was a part of or partnered with 7Sage but put my account on hold. I think it's a few month course and access for 12 months?
    So I'm going to start it in May.

• theLSATgrind2017theLSATgrind2017 Alum Member
    440 karma

Pet a cat

• stephanie-2stephanie-2 Alum Member
    30 karma

Look up the best places to volunteer in your state. If I wasn't working that's what I would do, as well as hit the gym for 3hrs a day.