Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7Sage Baby

tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
edited March 2018 in Off-topic 3679 karma

So I haven't been as active on 7Sage lately but I have a good excuse!...

https://media3.giphy.com/media/3oz8xEOHeUOijxXda8/giphy.gif

I am still keeping up with my study schedule but have reduced my hours a bit. (Funny how growing an eyeball in your stomach makes you extremely tired).

If you have any good vibes, feel free to telepathically send them my way. I'm slightly panicked about the idea of studying, working and becoming a mommy. (Oh God. Something is going to call my 'mommy' one day)

Also, if there are any other moms or moms to be out there who are studying, and killing it like the Goddess you are, I'd love some tips! :)

Comments

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Good job! Your child will be anothet compelling motivation for you to pursue your legal dreams and excel on this exam. Good luck and congrats again on the baby

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

Oh my God, this is great news!!! Congratulations!!!

http://g.mastergreetings.com/congratulations/010.gif

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

@akistotle Thanks friend! :) @westcoastbestcoast good motivation IS RIGHT!

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    edited March 2018 1804 karma

Congratulations! May your child never go to a court (unless he or she wants to and does become a lawyer)!

• stormstorm Member
    edited March 2018 261 karma

If ruth can be a mom in law school, you can too! Congrats!

• beezmoofbeezmoof Alum Member
    555 karma

Omg congratulations to you and your family!!!! RT to what stormNYC said.

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Congratulations! You got this, all of it!

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

You're a rockstar!!!! Congrats!

• KaterynaKateryna Alum Member
    984 karma

i am in the same boat girl. plus severe nausea. but hey, we got goals to achieve. i bet my child will hate lsat before its even born.

• acsimonacsimon Alum Member
    1269 karma

Congrats!!! I hear exercising really helps with the energy.—A.c.S

• smartaone2smartaone2 Alum Member
    512 karma

Awesome and Congratulations to you and your hubby!!! Praying all works out well for you, baby and LSAT!!! :smile:

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    2983 karma

Congrats, girl! Now you're studying for two :wink:

• BumblebeeBumblebee Member
    640 karma

Congratulations!!!!!!

• Eric25Eric25 Member
    720 karma

congratulations!!!

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Awesome!

• btownsqueebtownsquee Alum Member
    1207 karma

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) Your baby is going to have such a badass mom (you)!

• gkoskigkoski Alum Member
    106 karma

Congratulations!! Having children is amazing and challenging-it's the best thing that has happened to me! I found that studying with a newborn is a lot less structured. Moments when my baby seemed content to entertain herself, I would be in LSAT-world. When she would nap, I would take that opportunity to nap too since sleep deprivation can be debilitating.

Take care of yourself and make sure you get some time for you! Moms are tough :)

• Gladiator_2017Gladiator_2017 Yearly Member
    1332 karma

Congrats!!!! I think there was 7sage swag back in the day. Maybe we can bring it back with a Sage onesie.

• ElleWoods77ElleWoods77 Alum Member
    1184 karma

Congrats :)

• PomegranatePomegranate Alum Member
    577 karma

"7 Sage Baby" sounds so cute! :) Congratulations to you and your family!!!

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma
    1. Gather your tribe. If you don't have a large family already who can help, start calling them in or making arrangements. Believe me.. you will need help. I did it on my own (I was alone a lot while hubby was off at work), but I didn't have to juggle a job or full-time school, too. Even then, it was hard. Get your support crew up and running now.

2. If it's too much, and you need to back off something or ask for help, do so. You are never a failure in any way for doing this. I don't get this societal expectation of having to be the perfect mom. It's crap. We're all winging it, and we're all terrified af when we have that kid, and we all require help at some point. Guaranteed, you'll want to/will be calling a nurse at least once that first month. Because you're terrified. And that's normal. Sanity reigns, and you do what is best for you.
      My kid is 8 now, and I still worry about being away for law school. I think she knows how to make microwaved foods better than her father now. She'll be 10 or close to 10 if I go into Law school right away. But I'll still worry.

3. That "nap when they nap" thing? Truth. Do it. Dishes will wait. Laundry will wait. Sleep cannot wait.

4. A weird one, but get your thyroid levels tested at 3 and 9 months out, and ask for the numbers, not just "it's fine". The old scale is horribly outdated. Trust me on this. They all kept asking my husband to watch for postpartum depression, but not a single one said to watch for thyroid disease. And they should have. It's actually pretty common. Not a fun time, and this will upset any ability to focus. Or sleep. Or feel anything but exhausted.

3679 karma

Thanks everyone so much for the sweet notes! :)

@stormNYC @beezmoof I actually try to tell myself that if RBG did it so can I then I remember that she's pretty much a genius and am I not then I get discouraged again HA!

@FixedDice is it bad I already want them to go into law LOL

@Kateryna I am so happy I haven't had any nausea! (knock on wood) but you're right we just gotta do what we gotta do to make our dreams a reality!

@acsimon I actually just found out my extreme fatigue was due to iron deficiency --being a psuedo vegetarian (:-)) I don't eat a ton of meat and hardly ever eat red meat so I think that's where the lack was coming from. I had a steak the other night and already felt a ton better so cows will be my best friends for a while lol

@gkoski thanks for the tips! I'm learning even now I have to be more flexible and not beat myself up when I can't stick to my mandated study time. The other night I could only get half of what I wanted done before collapsing and was so bummed. But I'm slowly learning that breaks are OK.

@xadrianas6x You are amazing I adore these pointers. Thanks for the tips!

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

@tringo335

Congratulations!!!!!! <3

One day you'll be telling your child how you scored a 170. <3

Congratulations on being a mother. <3 <3

3679 karma

@Sami said:
    @tringo335

Congratulations!!!!!! <3

Haha! Thanks Sami! I hope I make her proud :-)

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

@tringo335 said:

@Sami said:
    @tringo335

Congratulations!!!!!! <3

Haha! Thanks Sami! I hope I make her proud :-)

I know you will <3 <3