Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should we expect post-February LSAT decisions quickly?

ABCjordanABCjordan Alum Member

Does anyone have experience with whether schools decide quickly after the February LSAT? The schools I applied to were waiting on my score. Should I assume they've already generally made up their mind, pending my LSAT (I did well) and I'll hear relatively quickly or that they didn't start reviewing it until they got it and I should wait 4-6 weeks?

Thanks!

Comments

• sbc.mom_3xsbc.mom_3x Alum Member
    1501 karma

@ABCjordan said:
    Does anyone have experience with whether schools decide quickly after the February LSAT? The schools I applied to were waiting on my score. Should I assume they've already generally made up their mind, pending my LSAT (I did well) and I'll hear relatively quickly or that they didn't start reviewing it until they got it and I should wait 4-6 weeks?

Thanks!

I am wondering the same. I know that a couple of schools said they won't even review the file until it is complete, which means the score is in. So, I think for those, that means I have to wait 2-4 or 4-6 weeks.

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

One thing I've learned this cycle is NOTHING happens quickly lol...that being said - the deadline is about 3.5 weeks away. So I'm sure you'll hear something fairly soon :D

• Lsat taker22Lsat taker22 Alum Member
    315 karma

I'm in the same position. Going on what @LSATcantwin said they have 3.5 weeks to make a decision and seeing as how you've applied to them already you should hear back pretty soon.

• ABCjordanABCjordan Alum Member
    59 karma

why 3.5 weeks? I thought schools could decide as late as april or may

• sbc.mom_3xsbc.mom_3x Alum Member
    edited March 2018 1501 karma

@ABCjordan said:
    why 3.5 weeks? I thought schools could decide as late as april or may

Every school has a different deadline. A couple of mine have a deadline of July for fall start. Nearly all of the several of my apps today went to "committee review" on the status checker, so that was quick after receiving my Feb score.