LastLSATLastLSAT Alum Member
edited April 2018 in General 1028 karma

Comments

• Lsat taker22Lsat taker22 Alum Member
    edited March 2018 315 karma

Hey @LastLSAT sorry to hear about your predicament. That sounds like a nightmare and hope other schools get back to you positively (which I'm sure they will).

Question - none of my schools have gotten back to me yet and I, too, took the February test. I don't think there's urgency for me because of this, but do you think its necessary to notify them of my new score from your experience?

• LastLSATLastLSAT Alum Member
    edited April 2018 1028 karma

• Lsat taker22Lsat taker22 Alum Member
    315 karma

@LastLSAT said:
    I would, just to be safe. I also had not heard back from any schools until tonight and made the mistake of thinking there was no urgency.

After receiving this first denial, I immediately emailed every school that I had not requested a formal hold at (though I had notified all schools that I was retaking in February).

If you are complete, I would send them an email. It will get you on their radar if nothing else. Spivey suggested something similar on Reddit earlier today. I wish I had listened to their advice this morning haha.

Thanks @LastLSAT !

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

@LastLSAT said:
    Tonight, I was rejected by a school that my substantial improvement on the February LSAT would have made me much more competitive at (above 75th for GPA, right around median for LSAT). My old score was auto-reject territory, and I was denied within a day of my file going complete. While there is no way to know whether the outcome would have been different had they taken my new score into account---or if they did actually see it this morning but still deny me---I fear that they went ahead with the decision before they received the new information.

Kind of a bummer after working as hard as I could to raise my score 7 points, but ultimately my fault for not formally requesting a hold for my February score.

If you managed to increase your score at all, I suggest getting the word out to all of your reach schools so that the same does not happen to you. Don't wait on LSAC to send the new score report.

You can ask them to reconsider on the basis of the new score; some schools are open to doing so.

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Yes, I hope they'll reconsider.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Hey! Why dont you reapply next cycle. Especially if you are happy with your improvement, you are doing a great disservice if you dont apply next cycle with the new score. There is more money available for you and significantly higher chance of you being admitted.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

@LastLSAT said:
    @westcoastbestcoast , yeah I'm usually a huge advocate of the "retake, reapply" motto but I've already got my apps in so I'll see what happens haha. If I don't like the outcome, I will most definitely be reapplying though!

Good job @LastLSAT !! You will do fine!!

• mcglz_64mcglz_64 Alum Member
    891 karma

How should we tell them? Do we just email them what our score is or just say “hey the feb scores came out, please consider it” (more formally of course)

• shortnblushortnblu Alum Member
    48 karma

@LastLSAT and @mcglz_64

I improved from a 167 to a 171 from the February LSAT and my original 167 got me rejected at 4 of the T13. I sent an appeal for reconsideration the day I got my 171 and 3 of them have already responded and re-opened my file for review. So it definitely works! At least to get another shot at being reviewed, not sure what the final outcome will be though...

I drafted a letter of reconsideration for each of the 4 schools I appealed to and sent it over e-mail.

• mcglz_64mcglz_64 Alum Member
    891 karma

I haven’t gotten rejected yet and I did notify the schools I was taking the Feb...should I still email them, just to say that the scores are out and that they may receive them?