Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long should core curriculum take?

jpetersyvrjpetersyvr Alum Member
edited March 2018 in General 41 karma

I'm planning to write the June exam, with September / December exam dates available to me should I need to improve. So far, I've used the core curriculum study schedule planner to guide me through the core curriculum until one week from my June test date - is this enough? From reading through others' posts, it looks as though I should be PTing quite a bit after the core curriculum has wrapped up - I've been fool-proofing the logic games as I go. Thanks!

Comments

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited March 2018 3652 karma

I think 3 months to finish the CC is possible if you study like it’s a full time job. I think 4-5 months to finish the CC is most realistic, taking other priorities into consideration like work/school/emotional well-being. You need time after the CC to take prep tests. One week isn’t enough time to take prep tests.

• jpetersyvrjpetersyvr Alum Member
    41 karma

Thanks for your comment! I have about 30 hours a week to dedicate to study

• Eric25Eric25 Member
    720 karma

For reference it took me around 3 months to complete it and I was doing around 15-20hrs a week

• 6 karma

Did you take the lessons in order like the way JY recorded it? i.e. from LR -->LG -->RC? Is it helpful to start with LG? Based on my diagnostic, this was my lowest section/area I can improve the most.

• Daniel KDaniel K Core Member
    47 karma

It really just depends on how much time you personally want to spend on it. For me, I didn't want to overwhelm myself with the content. I am going to be finishing up the CC content in the next week or so, and I started back in February. I recently have been studying more due to the pandemic, but I went my own speed based on how much information I could retain and remember. Some lessons I spent a lot of time on to really understand it as well as possible, and I know I will go back to some lessons once I start PTing.

TL;DR - It's up to you.

• joshmcneillwebbjoshmcneillwebb Alum Member
    54 karma

I finished the core curriculum in a month, but I was spending forty hours a week on it and I did not watch any of the RC videos as I was already doing well in that section prior to 7sage. In hindsight I wish I had taken more time with it because, like JY says sometimes, it just takes time for a lot of this stuff to sink in, but due to the time constraints I was under I still got it done and my score went up 13 points from my diagnostic to my official score in January 2020.

Best of luck!