Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I got in! Thank you 7Sage

sbc.mom_3xsbc.mom_3x Alum Member
edited March 2018 in General 1501 karma

So I was rejected at a school last year that was one of my top choices. My LSAT score was below their 25th, but I took the chance. I owe it to 7Sage for my 11 point increase- which took me right above their 75th! I had submitted my app in November, to study for my retake, and they reviewed my app already and called me this evening to say they accepted me with a scholarship! It is more than half the tuition, and I am so excited you guys. I got into one school before I retook the lsat, an awful school. I was settling, taking the path of least resistance. But I studied and studied and brought my score up and sat for that damn test for the second time..I dodged a bullet, and saved a ton of money. I'm talking a 6 figure difference here. I was going to go to a school at full ticket price, no scholly, and probably be doomed for future jobs. But I prevailed. Never settle guys! I am excited to hear from other schools I have apps into. A couple I am a bit more above their 75th so I'm hopeful for more money!! I am stoked!

Comments

• Eric25Eric25 Member
    720 karma

Congrats that is amazing!!! Scholarship $ can make all the difference, glad to hear it worked out so well for you!

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

Way to go! A great motivational story for those unsatisfied with their score and contemplating a retake, if you know you haven't reached your potential, an extra year is a small price to pay!! Good luck in school @"sbc.mom_3x"

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

This is amazing! You worked so hard for this, you truly deserve it.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Yes yes yes!!! Congratulations!! That is so awesome. Your story is a total encouragement for anyone disappointed in a score and contemplating a re-take. This is awesome. Congrats!!

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

Congratulations! :]

• paulmv.benthempaulmv.benthem Alum Member
    1032 karma

Nicely done!

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Great work!

• IgnatiusIgnatius Alum Member
    382 karma

Hell yeah! You earned it. This is motivating.

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

Congrats! How did you stop yourself from going crazy in the inter-year?

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

Congrats!!!!

• toniafisher1toniafisher1 Member
    edited March 2018 87 karma

Awesome, and congratulations!

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma
  • westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

KEEP IT UP. Its good to shave off as much debt as possible :)

• skiatook89-1-1skiatook89-1-1 Alum Member
    edited March 2018 175 karma

Congratulations, that is so cool - I am inspired to study, study and then study some more!

• Victoria.BordignonVictoria.Bordignon Alum Member
    61 karma

For us hopefuls, thanks for letting us know results. Congratulations!!

• venalebvenaleb Free Trial Member
    11 karma

Congrats, this is inspiring...

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Amazing! Congrats on the success!

• gkoskigkoski Alum Member
    106 karma

Amazing job! You will be such an inspiration to your children! It's motivating to know that there are fellow mothers out there working hard and balancing life to get towards their goals!! Thanks for sharing !

• cgracia12cgracia12 Alum Member
    737 karma

Very happy for you, and as I plan to retake myself, I ask everyone who has similar stories to you the same question: What did you do differently in your studies to achieve your target score? Congrats again! @"sbc.mom_3x"

• 1LBound1LBound Alum Member
    149 karma

Congrats! This is absolutely inspiring. I'm in the same boat as you were, my LSAT score is under the 25th at all the schools I plan on applying to, but I'm taking a gamble to apply anyways. I'm curious if you had to re-write your resume and personal statement and request new LORs when you reapplied?

• btownsqueebtownsquee Alum Member
    1207 karma

Amazing!!! Congratulations!

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

Hey - totally so happy for you! I remember when you posted awhile back about being a single mom to three little ones and how inspiring you were. I have a spouse and it's still hard - I just don't know how single parents do it, but you have my utmost respect. Congratulations on getting to your top school and on the 11 pt increase!!! Go out and be an awesome lawyer!!

• Radhika.Radhika. Member
    214 karma

Congratulations!! Exciting!

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    13940 karma