Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAC lost my Score

mepstlsatmepstlsat Member
in General 33 karma

Unfortunately today I was informed that LSAC lost my in the mail (they blame UPS). I now have to retake it on March 17. All the schools I applied to know the situation, will receive an official letter from LSAC explaining what happened I am writing an addendum explaining what happened and the psychological/mental ramifications of having to prepare for the test for months, only to have it lost, and then have to reprepare myself in one week.

My question for the 7Sage community and @JY if you are there, is how do you think I should go about studying going forward? I studied for a little over three months, went through the entire 7sage curriculum, and have taken all of the PTs in the 80s and 70s as well as some random full tests/passages/games/questions from pre-70. What do you guys think I should go going forward? It's been a few weeks of course since I have looked at any material. Should I find a brand new old test that I have not done anything from? Should I review core concepts? Should I re-do a test I already took in the 70s/80s since they are "newer" and more similar to the current tests? I do not want to burn myself out in the small time frame I have but also want to make sure I can remember as much as I can. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

I think you should take one more practice test to see if you feel foggy. If you do, do LIGHT drilling in the section you feel the "worst" in. Then relax and let the test day come.

The work you did in the months prior is where the bread and butter is. There simply isn't anything you'll do in the next week that will have any dramatic impact on your score. Just get yourself refreshed on the things you've learned. Keep yourself calm and collected and go DESTROY this make up test.

The LSAC is a freaking DISASTER. Don't even get me started. I know your pain. They should be shut down for unethical business practices. I'm sorry you had to go through that. I know you will come out the other side okay though!

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

The fact that LSAC seems to lose tests in the mail every year is upsetting.

I think you should take an old PT or two to get back in the rhythm and should blind review them again in as much detail as you can.

Do that near the start of the week and then just blind review a section or two a day that you have already done for the rest of the week. People often do better coming off a break and sometimes get new high scores either right when they get back or after shaking off the rust for about a week.

This could be good! Of course your February score could have been good too, but unless you want to stand up for all us uppressed victims of LSAC and sue them for emotional distress you might as well let bygones be bygones at least until after your retake.

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Live Member
    5249 karma

Was it the entire group at the testing center whose tests were lost? I'm really sorry this happened to you.

• mcglz_64mcglz_64 Alum Member
    891 karma

What?!? I thought this was all done electronically. How frustrating! Lots of good tips already here but I’m so so sorry!

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

I'm sorry to hear about this :(

• mepstlsatmepstlsat Member
    33 karma

Thank you everyone. Three tester's including mine were lost. This was a make up day on February 18. For some reason our testing center (in Queens, New York) does not scan electronically. I have been assured for my makeup this Saturday, March 17 that it will be scanned, and my score and CAS report will be sent out immediately, by the following Monday.

As for studying, I did an older 4 section PT I haven't seen and I am working on some timed sections for other tests I have not done before. Fortunately it seems I have not lost LSAT-material knowledge, as I am scoring pretty much the same as I was before, and in some instances even a tad better. I will likely overdo it this week either and try to relax and not stress myself out as much over this instance.

If anyone else has any last minute tips on how to prepare myself this week please comment! I would really appreciate it.

• aarong50aarong50 Member
    9 karma

I feel like if LSAC loses your score there should be a rule that automatically gives you a 180.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

@aarong50 said:
    I feel like if LSAC loses your score there should be a rule that automatically gives you a 180.

Or at very least a 5 point bonus for the effort.
    Dear God... It's going to take a 4 hour drive just to get to my testing location in June. I would be beyond livid if this happened.