Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

June or September LSAT

tcbuzztcbuzz Member
in General 43 karma

Hey there everyone. Hope you’re studying is going well. I work full time (M-F/8-6) and just started my LSAT study. Not married, no kids. Is it too soon for me take the June exam? Is 3.5 months adequate time considering my work schedule? Should I spread my study out over 5.5 months and take the September exam?

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

@tcbuzz said:
    Hey there everyone. Hope you’re studying is going well. I work full time (M-F/8-6) and just started my LSAT study. Not married, no kids. Is it too soon for me take the June exam? Is 3.5 months adequate time considering my work schedule? Should I spread my study out over 5.5 months and take the September exam?

I'm sure other 7Sagers will give you good advice, so I'll just post a link to this lesson:
    The Three Worst LSAT Mistakes
    1. Three months is not enough time to train
    https://7sage.com/lesson/the-three-worst-lsat-mistakes/

• sarah_philips91sarah_philips91 Alum Member
    45 karma

Because you work 5 days a week and for most of the day, I think you may even need to push it back to December. By the time you come home, you might be to tired to do anything. Good luck!

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

@akistotle said:

@tcbuzz said:

I'm sure other 7Sagers will give you good advice, so I'll just post a link to this lesson:
    The Three Worst LSAT Mistakes
    1. Three months is not enough time to train
    https://7sage.com/lesson/the-three-worst-lsat-mistakes/

That being said, it all depends on your diagnostic score and your goal score! Good luck!

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

That’s probably not enough time especially considering you work full time. What score are you trying to achieve?

• tcbuzztcbuzz Member
    43 karma

Thank you all for the responses. I am trying to achieve a score of 160-165.

• Eric25Eric25 Member
    edited March 2018 720 karma

Like @akistotle said, I think it comes down to your diagnostic score and your goals. If you get a 155 on a true, timed diagnostic, then a 160-165 might be achievable within 3 months. I would agree with everyone else though that 3 months is not enough time in general. Steady prep for a longer time is always better than rushed prep!

• tcbuzztcbuzz Member
    edited March 2018 43 karma

Thanks all, much appreciated. Thus far, all responses point to the September LSAT considering my full-time employment status, timeline, goal, and the fact that I scored in the 140's on a true, timed diagnostic.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Maybe give it a try and plan to withdraw and reschedule if you're not ready by June. I say this because it'll help you get prepared for a future exam even if you don't take the June exam.

• calcal101calcal101 Alum Member
    582 karma

Schedule for September. Accept that you will perhaps be retaking in December. I don't say that to imply you'll do poorly--I just think that most LSAT takers benefit from taking more than once. I took it 3 times

• PositivePositive Alum Member
    edited March 2018 426 karma

For your future reference, the last LSAT exam in 2018 will be offered on November 17 (not December).

• SF City DuSF City Du Alum Member
    84 karma

The LSAC has actually added a July test as well if you are in North America.

https://www.princetonreview.com/law/lsat-test-dates

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Especially since you are working full time, 3.5 months isn't enough. Depending on your learning speed, your diagnostic, your section breakdown, 5.5 months may not be enough either. You shouldn't aim for a specific test examination. Rather you should set a desired LSAT score range and take enough time as reasonably possible to hit that range on the exam. You want to be averaging 3 points higher than your desired score.

• tcbuzztcbuzz Member
    edited March 2018 43 karma

Thanks again everyone for taking the time to respond to my inquiry. This is great advice. I am going to target the 11/17 exam.

https://www.lsac.org/docs/default-source/jd-docs/testdateweb.pdf