A bit of frustration posting - Do AdComs realize it is THE MIDDLE OF MARCH!?

LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage

Holy cow my anxiety is peaking! Are they all waiting to reject me in one fell swoop? I know I'm just being impatient, but still! Anyone else still waiting on a bunch of schools to get back to them? lol

Comments

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

I'm waiting on seven schools still :neutral:. At least we're still in the game brother!

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@"Paul Caint" said:
    I'm waiting on seven schools still :neutral:. At least we're still in the game brother!

Hey me too! That's like my exact number lol I'm still hoping for one acceptance. I'm telling you if one school does it they will win my heart forever lol

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

@"Paul Caint" said:

Hey me too! That's like my exact number lol I'm still hoping for one acceptance. I'm telling you if one school does it they will win my heart forever lol

I've been following you for awhile and really, really hope you get in to a school!! I can't wait to read an acceptance post! Hang in there - good things come in time. Maybe go out and get a massage, that's my cure for everything, lol :smile: . Good luck to you dude.

• mcglz_64mcglz_64 Alum Member
    891 karma

I haven't heard from ANY schools...like at ALL. No waitlist, no rejections and no acceptances. What hell is this?

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

@mcglz_64 said:
    I haven't heard from ANY schools...like at ALL. No waitlist, no rejections and no acceptances. What hell is this?

Really? That's terrible.

I'd have probably already lost my mind if I hadn't heard from any schools.

891 karma

I applied pretty close to the deadline and did make some wait for my Feb LSAT so that could definitely be why, but seriously I would at least think I would get on a waitlist or something!

• Radhika.Radhika. Member
    214 karma

My anxiety is through the roof. I think I have an ulcer now. I'm waiting on a ton of schools... only received one decision so far and it was a rejection :(
    I've started going to spinning everyday to burn energy and help my mood but I just want to get accepted somewhere already!!! And I'm thinking the exact same thing @LSATcantwin are they all just waiting to reject me on the same day?

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Yes they are creating quite a bit of March Madness by not getting back us!

3072 karma

@mcglz_64 said:
    I applied pretty close to the deadline and did make some wait for my Feb LSAT so that could definitely be why, but seriously I would at least think I would get on a waitlist or something!

Ahh, that makes more sense.

• m.c lshopefulm.c lshopeful Alum Member
    614 karma

Calm down erry'one! The monster waves come in April... Right now, it's like we are all just floating in the water on our surfboards waiting. We see a few people that caught a wave and we start to feel like we are missing out but if we take a second to look around we'll see that we are definitely not alone.

3788 karma

@"mickey.caleb" said:
    Calm down erry'one! The monster waves come in April... Right now, it's like we are all just floating in the water on our surfboards waiting. We see a few people that caught a wave and we start to feel like we are missing out but if we take a second to look around we'll see that we are definitely not alone.

Alot of the first deposits are due in april tho..

614 karma

@westcoastbestcoast said:

@"mickey.caleb" said:

Perhaps that is 1 drawback of applying/getting accepted very early in the cycle if you are one of the people that wants to shop around at a lot of schools. Of course, some kinds of these unfortunate situations are unavoidable... However, the fact that you have to make a seat deposit and are considering it means you must have been accepted at a school you like at least, right?

It is true that April is when the VERY first seat deposits can be required of admits but that is not always a negative thing. Even if you make a seat deposit at multiple schools the LSAC will not release your individual information until May 15th. Some people have even been successful in openly discussing their deposits earlier than May 15th with law schools as a form of negotiation, although it has backfired for some so it should be done very delicately, if at all.

If March/April/May are the biggest months of movement, with seat deposits and disclosed information contributing to this positively for many, I still don't think the middle of March is time for panic-mode yet :)

So, let's all just continue to give each other lots of great content on all the forums we obsess over to make the process more bearable! I think it's a fun and exciting period of time in our lives that will pass sooner than it feels like. Pretty soon it will be a distant memory that we will hopefully remember with a happy sense of nostalgia :)

3788 karma

@"mickey.caleb" said:

@"mickey.caleb" said:

Perhaps that is 1 drawback of applying/getting accepted very early in the cycle if you are one of the people that wants to shop around at a lot of schools. Of course, some kinds of these unfortunate situations are unavoidable... However, the fact that you have to make a seat deposit and are considering it means you must have been accepted at a school you like at least, right?

It is true that April is when the VERY first seat deposits can be required of admits but that is not always a negative thing. Even if you make a seat deposit at multiple schools the LSAC will not release your individual information until May 15th. Some people have even been successful in openly discussing their deposits earlier than May 15th with law schools as a form of negotiation, although it has backfired for some so it should be done very delicately, if at all.

If March/April/May are the biggest months of movement, with seat deposits and disclosed information contributing to this positively for many, I still don't think the middle of March is time for panic-mode yet :)

So, let's all just continue to give each other lots of great content on all the forums we obsess over to make the process more bearable! I think it's a fun and exciting period of time in our lives that will pass sooner than it feels like. Pretty soon it will be a distant memory that we will hopefully remember with a happy sense of nostalgia :)

I have heard that schools did share information of students who had deposits in multiple schools. Perhaps this is a thing in the past.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Still waiting on 6 schools here. Sigh. And of course, it's 6 of the ones I was most interested in attending.

At least a few are keeping me on my toes... I finally got accepted to the one that had the weird LSAC miscommunication. But they just sent me the scholarship app yesterday and it is due TOMORROW. Have to write a bio, and 1-2 essays. EEeeeeeek.

And yeah, with deposit deadlines and ASWs coming up fast, time really is of the essence. WUSTL's deposit deadline is crazy early, on April 9. Yikes!

614 karma

@"mickey.caleb" said:

@"mickey.caleb" said:

I have heard that schools did share information of students who had deposits in multiple schools. Perhaps this is a thing in the past.

Ooooh... I don't know if schools do that or if they are even allowed to.... but I'm just curious how they would know which students did if LSAC isn't sharing? Seems like they'd almost have to have an open source where they share a lot of information to compare... Questions: Would that kind of openness and sharing be legal? Would it benefit schools that participated or would it not be worthwhile because of competition between them?

You make a good point.

• TabbyG123TabbyG123 Member
    711 karma

Unless it's totally usual for how long these schools are taking to get back to us, I think maybe the later responses from schools could be because of the higher volume of applications.

I applied in late December and am still waiting to hear back from four schools. And still waiting to hear back about scholarships/financial aid from six (just as important when it comes to making decisions).

biting my nails My first deposit deadline is April 15th! dies

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

I hear you guys. I have 2 rejections, 5 waitlists and 7 nonresponse. Thank God for acceptance from UofM!!

edited March 2018 3072 karma

5 acceptances, 3 waitlists, 1 rejection, 2 withdrawals prior to decision, 2 pending.

All 3 waitlists and 2 acceptances have been withdrawn, so basically 3 acceptances and 2 pending to deal with.

I submit my applications late November/early December.

• PearsonSpecterLittUpPearsonSpecterLittUp Alum Member
    588 karma

@westcoastbestcoast > @westcoastbestcoast said:

@"mickey.caleb" said:

@"mickey.caleb" said:

Here's an article about this from Yale's admission blog that may be useful:

"law schools may not require applicants to withdraw from schools from which they have not yet received a decision as a condition of accepting a scholarship or any other type of offer."

https://law.yale.edu/admissions/jd-admissions/ask-asha/speaking-law-school-scams

614 karma

@PearsonSpecterLittUp said:

@"mickey.caleb" said:

@"mickey.caleb" said:

"law schools may not require applicants to withdraw from schools from which they have not yet received a decision as a condition of accepting a scholarship or any other type of offer."

https://law.yale.edu/admissions/jd-admissions/ask-asha/speaking-law-school-scams

WoW! What a great article. Everyone applying this cycle should give it a read!

3788 karma

@"mickey.caleb" said:

@"mickey.caleb" said:

Didnt mean to imply that first seat deposit was binding, but wanted to share a possibility that having multiple deposit may raise red flags. This may be a thing of the past however, since the TLS forum that talked about it was a couple years old.

• olioliberolioliber Alum Member
    edited March 2018 729 karma

1 acceptance waiting on 19 more apps ... I'm refreshing my email every 5 minutes.

214 karma

I hold my breath every time I check my email

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    1804 karma

During the 2016-2017 cycle, I received my final acceptance sometime toward the end of March. By then I had completely forgotten that I applied to that particular school. Keep your sanity for about two more weeks. Your deliverance is coming!

• TabbyG123TabbyG123 Member
    711 karma

@"mickey.caleb" said:

@"mickey.caleb" said:

This article is amazing. I feel like this author is on my side.

It speaks to me because I'm salty about an unscrupulous university that low-balled my merit scholarship after I wrote an addendum saying that I intended to sign the ED agreement (but I ultimately couldn't because of a hurricane impacting my only eligible LSAT exam). And so they imagine that I'd attend no matter what and so they gave me a merit scholarship that is 50% the size of all other applicants over the past three years with my equivalent scores. The only thing was that my intention to sign an ED agreement was based on the premise that they wouldn't fuck me over in scholarships--maybe that was my mistake.

Kind of similar situation--kind of different from what is mentioned in the blog post.

8392 karma

I really want Michigan and Berkeley to just put me out of my misery. Don’t they know that it’s rude to ghost people? Have the courage to reject me to my face already!

• @LSATcantwin said:

@"Paul Caint" said:

For many schools at the moment, it is currently very "busy" for universities. Especially those that are Ivy League schools mainly because of a few reasons:
    I: Weather. I know that in much of P.A, N.Y, M.A and many other schools up in the North East are just getting power back. There has been a lot of problems regarding just getting their electricity to start working again. Take it with a grain of salt, but I think many schools are just getting back on their feet.
    II: Spring Break. Although the offices stay open for most of those who work at the universities, they are often very busy putting in a lot of grades, graduation info, and organizing their current students. I know that admissions for these Law schools are separate from the rest of the school, but they often have the same calendar. It is mid March, and they are mostly extremely busy getting late/new info from many of the applicants.
    III: It seems unfair... but the admissions departments are human too. It would be difficult to give a fair analysis for each worthy candidate without careful review. If it takes longer, is usually because (like any admissions team) they have lots of pressure, as much as we do. Anxiety for both ends of this predicament.

Its a waiting game.

13286 karma

@OverRatedUnderAchiever I totally get it. I’ve met admissions officers and they are great people! They do a stressful important job. I just would like to plan my life! Stress is high for all!!!

• smith294smith294 Free Trial Member
    56 karma

I received a reject from NYU and acceptance from GW within a couple days at the beginning of the month and now I’m just twiddling my thumbs. I thought they were all gonna start coming in at once!

891 karma

@smith294 said:
    I received a reject from NYU and acceptance from GW within a couple days at the beginning of the month and now I’m just twiddling my thumbs. I thought they were all gonna start coming in at once!

If you don’t mind sharing, when did you send in your app?

8392 karma

How's everyone here holding up? Anyone have some movement on your ghosted apps?

No updates for me yet. :-/

13286 karma

@"Leah M B" said:

Got another rejection lol I'm 0-3-3 so far. This is fun....

8392 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

@"Leah M B" said:

Got another rejection lol I'm 0-3-3 so far. This is fun....

Ugh, hang in there! Whether it's an acceptance now or getting in off a wait list, it's going to happen!

• @"Leah M B" said:

Nada.... Now I'm starting to get frustrated

214 karma

Two more rejections...

13286 karma

@LCMama2017 said:

@LSATcantwin said:

@"Paul Caint" said:

I've been following you for awhile and really, really hope you get in to a school!! I can't wait to read an acceptance post! Hang in there - good things come in time. Maybe go out and get a massage, that's my cure for everything, lol :smile: . Good luck to you dude.

Hey! sorry I didn't respond sooner! Thanks for the kind words, I'm still stuck in the "waiting" hell...I'm hoping something will budge soon haha

• @"Radhika." said:
    Two more rejections...

Do any of y'all mind sharing which schools?

13286 karma

@OverRatedUnderAchiever said:

@"Radhika." said:
    Two more rejections...

Do any of y'all mind sharing which schools?

Wait-list:

Notre Dame
    UCLA
    U.Mich

Rejected:

Harvard (Haha not even mad)
    Columbia
    USC

8392 karma

@OverRatedUnderAchiever

In: Seattle U, U of Washington, WUSTL, UCLA
    WL: USC
    No response: Cornell, Northwestern, U of Michigan, Berkeley, U of Illinois, UC Irvine

• spitzy11spitzy11 Alum Member
    edited March 2018 772 karma

Still under review at Berkeley (week 7) and on week 10 of complete at Vandy /:

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

@LSATcantwin With the exception of Harvard and Colombia, my gut feeling is that those schools think you're going to get swept up by a higher ranked school.

3788 karma

@"Leah M B" said:

Ghosted by michigan and yale :/

edited March 2018 3072 karma

Ghosted by Harvard and Stanford since late November/early December.

13286 karma

@10000019 said:
    @LSATcantwin With the exception of Harvard and Colombia, my gut feeling is that those schools think you're going to get swept up by a higher ranked school.

I hope so...lol but so far things are looking bleak

13286 karma

Add another waitlist to the collection:
    Waitlist:

UVA
    UMich
    UCLA
    ND

3788 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    Waitlist:

UVA
    UMich
    UCLA
    ND

Hey Vader. Tell us about your acceptances

• Anyone get accepted in any of the MIA listed schools here? If others got responses, it may indicate something...

13286 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    Waitlist:

UVA
    UMich
    UCLA
    ND

I have as many acceptances as I do limbs....0

3788 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

@LSATcantwin said:
    Waitlist:

UVA
    UMich
    UCLA
    ND

Noooooooooooo. In all seriousness, I will be praying for you. For UVA or Umich. U deserve t14 for ur lsat score and your service to this nation.

• @LSATcantwin said:

@LSATcantwin said:
    Waitlist:

UVA
    UMich
    UCLA
    ND

I have a good feeling about you with UVA, besides they need all the students they can get after last week. ;)