Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Making it look easy requires hard work

Trust the ProcessTrust the Process Alum Member
in General 304 karma

http://awealthofcommonsense.com/2018/03/making-it-look-easy-is-hard-work/

Interesting article about how successful comedians perfect their craft...all I could think while reading the article was how similar it is to effective LSAT preparation.

Comments

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Yes. I think this idea applies to many endeavors in life, including the LSAT. If we see our favorite athlete, he or she makes his motions seem effortless, even though it was achieved through countless hours of practice. I was also told that for a high 170 scorer, getting the answer seems automatic for most of the questions, with the exception of the few curve breakers.

• Trust the ProcessTrust the Process Alum Member
    304 karma

Exactly what I was thinking too about athletes! Especially those whose end product looks more like art i.e. figure skating, ballet. Hmmm I wonder if high 170 scorers are able to correctly anticipate the correct answer most of the time.

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    edited March 2018 3072 karma

LeBron James is an artist. Game 4 against the Warriors in the 2016 (I think?) NBA playoffs was a masterpiece.

• Eric25Eric25 Member
    720 karma

This reminds me of the book, Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell, which is an incredible read if anyone has the time. It discusses how Bill gates acheived his success, how the Beatles actually became one of the best musical acts in history, how Joseph Flom developed Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher and Flom into the successful law firm that it is today, etc... It is pretty remarkable to read about how hard these individuals worked but also the opportunities that they were given and how they took them and rannnn with them more than anyone else did. The LSAT is just another opportunity!

304 karma

I like your attitude @Eric25. Yeah the LSAT really is a life changing test.

• Eric25Eric25 Member
    720 karma

@"Sarah J." said:
    I like your attitude @Eric25. Yeah the LSAT really is a life changing test.

Yes it is! Which is why its so easy for me to dedicate time to it since i know how significant it is to admissions and scholarships.

• LSATBREAKERLSATBREAKER Alum Member
    94 karma

I am so glad that I joined this community! 7 sage is not a mere course material for the LSAT, but it has a great community that shares amazing stories and encouragement constantly! There are many times that I feel like I want to give up on this test, but I don't think I can ever do that because I keep reading these inspirational messages that make me keep going -!

edited March 2018 304 karma

I'm so glad you're here too @Alohalena ! While I am nowhere near the end of my LSAT journey I have fought off thoughts of giving up on this test by reminding myself giving up only means letting the LSAT win. We'll get there!

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Yes, don't let it win.