Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The law school obsession

TheAnxious0LTheAnxious0L Alum Member
in General 587 karma

I get into work every morning, start up my computer, and then open a tab for LSN, LSL, Reddit Law school admissions, and 7sage. I swear I refresh every page at least 2 dozen times a day....and then check the status checker for the 8 schools I'm waiting to hear back from.

And I get SO frustrated when people who submitted their applications after me, and with lower numbers get in. The silence is killing me slowly (and probably annoying all my friends who are sick about hearing about law school applications).

We rush everything.

I couldn't wait to be done the LSAT, then I couldn't wait to finish applications, and now I just can't wait to move and start school. I feel like my life is in this weird holding place. So I'm reminding myself (and anyone who might need it) to chill the eff out.

This is the last spring/summer before we become law students. The last summer to be (somewhat) carefree. The last time we apply to law school, and can sit here and obsessively talk about a process that has consumed our lives with people online who are essentially strangers. Never in my life did I think I'd be on reddit this often. Old me would make fun of new me.

Enjoy the process. Breath. Stop obsessing over something that will happen.

Comments

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

Good luck with your apps!

If you want a new obsession, try running / marathons / qualifying for Boston / triathlons / Ironmans / qualifying for Kona. The geekiness in this house is insignificant compared to the geekiness in some of those worlds.

• TheAnxious0LTheAnxious0L Alum Member
    587 karma

@LSAT_Wrecker said:
    Good luck with your apps!

If you want a new obsession, try running / marathons / qualifying for Boston / triathlons / Ironmans / qualifying for Kona. The geekiness in this house is insignificant compared to the geekiness in some of those worlds.

I'm a marathoner haha, truuuust me I get that obsession as well. Boston is the goal!

• speedwagonspeedwagon Alum Member
    edited March 2018 393 karma

I hear that. As I am finally done with this madness, I am realizing that I need a new hobby. Reading all this stuff just makes me second-guess myself! I see now why people start wanting to read ahead. After all this time - 2 years! - spent moving towards school, I am really at an end for what to do.