A bit of frustration posting - Do AdComs realize it is THE MIDDLE OF MARCH!?

2»

Comments

  • LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

    @OverRatedUnderAchiever said:

    @LSATcantwin said:

    @westcoastbestcoast said:

    @LSATcantwin said:
    Add another waitlist to the collection:
    Waitlist:

    UVA
    UMich
    UCLA
    ND

    Hey Vader. Tell us about your acceptances

    I have as many acceptances as I do limbs....0

    I have a good feeling about you with UVA, besides they need all the students they can get after last week. ;)

    @westcoastbestcoast thanks! Lol I hope so, just got rejected from Stanford (not even slightly upset lol)

    @OverRatedUnderAchiever Haha right? I’ll push for sure. This cycle has been brutal!

  • Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

    @LSATcantwin said:
    Add another waitlist to the collection:
    Waitlist:

    UVA
    UMich
    UCLA
    ND

    https://media.giphy.com/media/ToMjGpKniGqRNLGBrhu/giphy.gif

    I bet you'll get a yes from at least one of those! Do you have LOCIs in? Can you visit any of them? UCLA would be the easiest to visit, I'd assume. Just get in their faces! (politely, lol)

  • LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

    @"Leah M B" said:

    @LSATcantwin said:
    Add another waitlist to the collection:
    Waitlist:

    UVA
    UMich
    UCLA
    ND

    https://media.giphy.com/media/ToMjGpKniGqRNLGBrhu/giphy.gif

    I bet you'll get a yes from at least one of those! Do you have LOCIs in? Can you visit any of them? UCLA would be the easiest to visit, I'd assume. Just get in their faces! (politely, lol)

    U.Mich got a LOCI

    I’m visiting LA in 2 weeks

    I have a very important UVA alumni who I’m reaching out to for help

    Hopefully something strikes through

  • TabbyG123TabbyG123 Legacy Member
    711 karma

    There is hope, folks! I just heard back from my last school out of 15 applications! They should be coming in really soon (I heard back from two in one day yesterday)! If you're curious: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/PublicInterested

    Also: At this point you can pressure those schools to give you your answers/award notifications earlier because, TBH, if you have to send in an appeal letter (and need to have everyone's info about $$), receive a response, and then have time to make a decision in order to put down a deposit by April 15th (my earliest deposit deadline), then you literally would not be able to have all of the information you would need to consider a school by the time you have to make a decision--and they are the one's losing out in that situation so they'd WANT to know if you are going to go ahead and make a decision without them. And this is the school's fault for not getting back to you in a timely manner--it's also a factor of the fucked up, unethical law school system to not have universal deadlines for acceptance/award letters and deposit deadlines. Only the school wins out on stringing applicants along.

  • Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

    @PublicInterested said:
    There is hope, folks! I just heard back from my last school out of 15 applications! They should be coming in really soon (I heard back from two in one day yesterday)! If you're curious: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/PublicInterested

    Also: At this point you can pressure those schools to give you your answers/award notifications earlier because, TBH, if you have to send in an appeal letter (and need to have everyone's info about $$), receive a response, and then have time to make a decision in order to put down a deposit by April 15th (my earliest deposit deadline), then you literally would not be able to have all of the information you would need to consider a school by the time you have to make a decision--and they are the one's losing out in that situation so they'd WANT to know if you are going to go ahead and make a decision without them. And this is the school's fault for not getting back to you in a timely manner--it's also a factor of the fucked up, unethical law school system to not have universal deadlines for acceptance/award letters and deposit deadlines. Only the school wins out on stringing applicants along.

    Dude! Congrats on Northwestern and that USC scholarship! Do you know where you’re headed? Or have it narrowed down?

  • sbc.mom_3xsbc.mom_3x Alum Member
    1501 karma

    @LSATcantwin said:

    @westcoastbestcoast said:

    @LSATcantwin said:
    Add another waitlist to the collection:
    Waitlist:

    UVA
    UMich
    UCLA
    ND

    Hey Vader. Tell us about your acceptances

    I have as many acceptances as I do limbs....0

    Am I reading this right? Did you sacrifice your arms and legs by serving our country? Hats off to you.. you studied and owned this test the way you did.. I have a good friend who is paralyzed from the neck down, and always wanted to go to law school but doesn't think she can do it due to not being able to use her arms, or walk, etc. I would definitely like to tell her about you. Thank you for your service.

  • TabbyG123TabbyG123 Legacy Member
    711 karma

    @"Leah M B" said:

    @PublicInterested said:
    There is hope, folks! I just heard back from my last school out of 15 applications! They should be coming in really soon (I heard back from two in one day yesterday)! If you're curious: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/PublicInterested

    Also: At this point you can pressure those schools to give you your answers/award notifications earlier because, TBH, if you have to send in an appeal letter (and need to have everyone's info about $$), receive a response, and then have time to make a decision in order to put down a deposit by April 15th (my earliest deposit deadline), then you literally would not be able to have all of the information you would need to consider a school by the time you have to make a decision--and they are the one's losing out in that situation so they'd WANT to know if you are going to go ahead and make a decision without them. And this is the school's fault for not getting back to you in a timely manner--it's also a factor of the fucked up, unethical law school system to not have universal deadlines for acceptance/award letters and deposit deadlines. Only the school wins out on stringing applicants along.

    Dude! Congrats on Northwestern and that USC scholarship! Do you know where you’re headed? Or have it narrowed down?

    Thanks so much! I'm SUPER excited. I have it kind of narrowed down, but it's so hard to say without hearing back about $$ from everyone yet.

    As of right now, USC is looking really good. UT is still my top choice of my accepted schools (because I want to practice in Austin), but I can't afford it based on their scholarship, so I'm appealing. I am also waiting to hear back from Georgetown and Northwestern in terms of money. Chances are, it'll probably be one of those four schools (unless Berkeley or Columbia accept me off their waitlist with a comparable scholarship, which I doubt). But UT, GULC, NU will have to really show some $$ if they're going to compete with the USC scholarship. :)

    What about you?! :)

  • LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

    @"sbc.mom_3x" said:

    @LSATcantwin said:

    @westcoastbestcoast said:

    @LSATcantwin said:
    Add another waitlist to the collection:
    Waitlist:

    UVA
    UMich
    UCLA
    ND

    Hey Vader. Tell us about your acceptances

    I have as many acceptances as I do limbs....0

    Am I reading this right? Did you sacrifice your arms and legs by serving our country? Hats off to you.. you studied and owned this test the way you did.. I have a good friend who is paralyzed from the neck down, and always wanted to go to law school but doesn't think she can do it due to not being able to use her arms, or walk, etc. I would definitely like to tell her about you. Thank you for your service.

    Oh no! Darth Vader gets his limbs cut off in star wars. And they were referring me to as Vader. I’m fully in tact, and lucky for it. I also know people who lost limbs in combat!

    Your friend can totally do Law School though. Nothing is stoping her!!

  • LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

    Yes, the limbs comment got me confused too!

    @"sbc.mom_3x" I think your friend should absolutely consider law school and research what services are available for her to help her achieve this goal. I'm not saying it won't be challenging but I think with determination alot of things can happen. Have you ever seen Master Chef? In one episode a blind woman won the competition! It was a pretty cool episode to watch actually.

  • westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

    @LCMama2017 said:
    Yes, the limbs comment got me confused too!

    @"sbc.mom_3x" I think your friend should absolutely consider law school and research what services are available for her to help her achieve this goal. I'm not saying it won't be challenging but I think with determination alot of things can happen. Have you ever seen Master Chef? In one episode a blind woman won the competition! It was a pretty cool episode to watch actually.

    Yeah. She relied primarily on her sense of smell. She "sees" in the sense of being able to see colors and vague shapes but she is such an inspiration.

  • Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

    @PublicInterested said:

    @"Leah M B" said:

    @PublicInterested said:
    There is hope, folks! I just heard back from my last school out of 15 applications! They should be coming in really soon (I heard back from two in one day yesterday)! If you're curious: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/PublicInterested

    Also: At this point you can pressure those schools to give you your answers/award notifications earlier because, TBH, if you have to send in an appeal letter (and need to have everyone's info about $$), receive a response, and then have time to make a decision in order to put down a deposit by April 15th (my earliest deposit deadline), then you literally would not be able to have all of the information you would need to consider a school by the time you have to make a decision--and they are the one's losing out in that situation so they'd WANT to know if you are going to go ahead and make a decision without them. And this is the school's fault for not getting back to you in a timely manner--it's also a factor of the fucked up, unethical law school system to not have universal deadlines for acceptance/award letters and deposit deadlines. Only the school wins out on stringing applicants along.

    Dude! Congrats on Northwestern and that USC scholarship! Do you know where you’re headed? Or have it narrowed down?

    Thanks so much! I'm SUPER excited. I have it kind of narrowed down, but it's so hard to say without hearing back about $$ from everyone yet.

    As of right now, USC is looking really good. UT is still my top choice of my accepted schools (because I want to practice in Austin), but I can't afford it based on their scholarship, so I'm appealing. I am also waiting to hear back from Georgetown and Northwestern in terms of money. Chances are, it'll probably be one of those four schools (unless Berkeley or Columbia accept me off their waitlist with a comparable scholarship, which I doubt). But UT, GULC, NU will have to really show some $$ if they're going to compete with the USC scholarship. :)

    What about you?! :)

    Fingers crossed on GULC and NU scholarships for you!

    I'm still extremely up in the air. Even as I sent in apps, I thought I'd likely re-apply since I was so late. I thought the most realistic spot for me for this fall would be USC. Annnd then I got WL there haha. Only 2 that are definitely within my financial goals right now are WUSTL and UIUC (just came in today). I think I might deposit at UCLA and try to ride it out, hoping for more scholarship money as the deposit dates go by. I requested a reconsideration and they said they'd get back to me with something today... we'll see. But likely still not enough to put it in my price range.

    Still no word from Northwestern, Cornell (guessing that's a WL/ding, no interview invite and complete since 2/2), UCI, Michigan, or Berkeley. So, a lot of unknowns...

  • TabbyG123TabbyG123 Legacy Member
    711 karma

    @"Leah M B" said:

    @PublicInterested said:

    @"Leah M B" said:

    @PublicInterested said:
    There is hope, folks! I just heard back from my last school out of 15 applications! They should be coming in really soon (I heard back from two in one day yesterday)! If you're curious: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/PublicInterested

    Also: At this point you can pressure those schools to give you your answers/award notifications earlier because, TBH, if you have to send in an appeal letter (and need to have everyone's info about $$), receive a response, and then have time to make a decision in order to put down a deposit by April 15th (my earliest deposit deadline), then you literally would not be able to have all of the information you would need to consider a school by the time you have to make a decision--and they are the one's losing out in that situation so they'd WANT to know if you are going to go ahead and make a decision without them. And this is the school's fault for not getting back to you in a timely manner--it's also a factor of the fucked up, unethical law school system to not have universal deadlines for acceptance/award letters and deposit deadlines. Only the school wins out on stringing applicants along.

    Dude! Congrats on Northwestern and that USC scholarship! Do you know where you’re headed? Or have it narrowed down?

    Thanks so much! I'm SUPER excited. I have it kind of narrowed down, but it's so hard to say without hearing back about $$ from everyone yet.

    As of right now, USC is looking really good. UT is still my top choice of my accepted schools (because I want to practice in Austin), but I can't afford it based on their scholarship, so I'm appealing. I am also waiting to hear back from Georgetown and Northwestern in terms of money. Chances are, it'll probably be one of those four schools (unless Berkeley or Columbia accept me off their waitlist with a comparable scholarship, which I doubt). But UT, GULC, NU will have to really show some $$ if they're going to compete with the USC scholarship. :)

    What about you?! :)

    Fingers crossed on GULC and NU scholarships for you!

    I'm still extremely up in the air. Even as I sent in apps, I thought I'd likely re-apply since I was so late. I thought the most realistic spot for me for this fall would be USC. Annnd then I got WL there haha. Only 2 that are definitely within my financial goals right now are WUSTL and UIUC (just came in today). I think I might deposit at UCLA and try to ride it out, hoping for more scholarship money as the deposit dates go by. I requested a reconsideration and they said they'd get back to me with something today... we'll see. But likely still not enough to put it in my price range.

    Still no word from Northwestern, Cornell (guessing that's a WL/ding, no interview invite and complete since 2/2), UCI, Michigan, or Berkeley. So, a lot of unknowns...

    Well congrats on WUSTL and UIUC! Those are some great schools. :)

    I think it's funny that we swapped USC for UCLA. We each got waitlisted at the school the other got accepted to. XD I remember our numbers are really similar. Fingers crossed for the UCLA financial aid appeal and all of those other schools! :) My gut says UCI will admit you with a sweet aid package. At the very least!

  • mcglz_64mcglz_64 Alum Member
    891 karma

    Has anyone in history ever just gotten a “no response”? I got my very first response yesterday (which was an acceptance) but so far nothing from all the other schools. Should I be worried?

  • OverRatedUnderAchieverOverRatedUnderAchiever Legacy Member
    609 karma

    @mcglz_64 said:
    Has anyone in history ever just gotten a “no response”? I got my very first response yesterday (which was an acceptance) but so far nothing from all the other schools. Should I be worried?

    It's a waiting game, we're all wondering when these looming question marks will go away from schools. Geez, and we all thought that waiting for the scores to come in was rough....

  • LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

    @OverRatedUnderAchiever said:

    @mcglz_64 said:
    Has anyone in history ever just gotten a “no response”? I got my very first response yesterday (which was an acceptance) but so far nothing from all the other schools. Should I be worried?

    It's a waiting game, we're all wondering when these looming question marks will go away from schools. Geez, and we all thought that waiting for the scores to come in was rough....

    Like actually though, I miss the LSAT lol

  • 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

    @LSATcantwin said:

    @OverRatedUnderAchiever said:

    @mcglz_64 said:
    Has anyone in history ever just gotten a “no response”? I got my very first response yesterday (which was an acceptance) but so far nothing from all the other schools. Should I be worried?

    It's a waiting game, we're all wondering when these looming question marks will go away from schools. Geez, and we all thought that waiting for the scores to come in was rough....

    Like actually though, I miss the LSAT lol

    Is it too late to apply binding decision anywhere? If you don't need a scholarship because the government is going to cover your bills, then it might be worth considering.

  • LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

    @10000019 said:

    @LSATcantwin said:

    @OverRatedUnderAchiever said:

    @mcglz_64 said:
    Has anyone in history ever just gotten a “no response”? I got my very first response yesterday (which was an acceptance) but so far nothing from all the other schools. Should I be worried?

    It's a waiting game, we're all wondering when these looming question marks will go away from schools. Geez, and we all thought that waiting for the scores to come in was rough....

    Like actually though, I miss the LSAT lol

    Is it too late to apply binding decision anywhere? If you don't need a scholarship because the government is going to cover your bills, then it might be worth considering.

    This is actually also a good point if you don't get in for this year - apply binding decisions this fall for a better shot. Still rooting for you dude - looking forward to that acceptance post : )).

  • Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

    @mcglz_64 said:
    Has anyone in history ever just gotten a “no response”? I got my very first response yesterday (which was an acceptance) but so far nothing from all the other schools. Should I be worried?

    I imagine some people have withdrawn before getting a response.

  • ZizouFriedaZizouFrieda Member
    58 karma

    I’m feeling all of your pain right now, but it definitely helps to know that many of you are waiting on the same schools as I am. Admitted and visited UGA and Duke, and admitted and visiting UCLA, Berkeley, and USC in the next week. Waitlisted at Emory, but waaaaaaiting to hear from Georgetown (interview was almost 2 weeks ago!), Michigan, Northwestern, Indiana, Cornell, GW, and all of the top 6. I’m traveling in Asia for work, so it sounds like my Stanford rejection will likely be waiting for me in the post when I return. I’m a sunnny person, but it’s hard to stay positive with no news from so many schools.

  • OverRatedUnderAchieverOverRatedUnderAchiever Legacy Member
    609 karma

    @LSATcantwin said:

    @OverRatedUnderAchiever said:

    @mcglz_64 said:
    Has anyone in history ever just gotten a “no response”? I got my very first response yesterday (which was an acceptance) but so far nothing from all the other schools. Should I be worried?

    It's a waiting game, we're all wondering when these looming question marks will go away from schools. Geez, and we all thought that waiting for the scores to come in was rough....

    Like actually though, I miss > @khuber said:
    I’m feeling all of your pain right now, but it definitely helps to know that many of you are waiting on the same schools as I am. Admitted and visited UGA and Duke, and admitted and visiting UCLA, Berkeley, and USC in the next week. Waitlisted at Emory, but waaaaaaiting to hear from Georgetown (interview was almost 2 weeks ago!), Michigan, Northwestern, Indiana, Cornell, GW, and all of the top 6. I’m traveling in Asia for work, so it sounds like my Stanford rejection will likely be waiting for me in the post when I return. I’m a sunnny person, but it’s hard to stay positive with no news from so many schools.

    Super frustrated, recently I've been more anxious than usual. Oy!

  • mcglz_64mcglz_64 Alum Member
    891 karma

    I JUST WANNA KNOW OMGGGGG. Ok. Internal freak out over

  • Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

    I haven't gotten to sleep before 2am in the past week+. I'm a big ball of anxiety, y'all. This is rough. Information is slowly trickling in, but we're also getting closer to deposit dates... sigh.

    https://media.giphy.com/media/xT5LMz2DWrwmbfVBK0/giphy.gif

  • m.c lshopefulm.c lshopeful Alum Member
    614 karma

    if I have a scholly from a school but my GI Bill will cause there to be 60k+ in leftover scholarship money from the school, what should i do?

    Does the extra money come to me? Am I only covered up to the cost of tuition and then the school retains the rest of the scholarship without giving me any of it? Should I use this to negotiate a fair deal?

    I guess i am choosing to use my GI Bill for this as I managed to save it through undergrad but I dont have to use it... I could also pass it to someone else (spouse/child) and not use it at all if I choose not to. Could this fact be used to work a good deal out with the school? I'm just not sure why I would be motivated to use my entire GI Bill so that I don't make full use of my scholarship. I could possibly just use the fewest months possible (of the total 36 months) of my GI Bill that would allow me to get the full use of my scholarship?

  • goingfor99thgoingfor99th Member
    3072 karma

    @"mickey.caleb" said:
    I could possibly just use the fewest months possible (of the total 36 months) of my GI Bill that would allow me to get the full use of my scholarship?

    If possible, I would do this.

  • olioliberolioliber Alum Member
    729 karma

    I'm waiting on15 schools!

Sign In or Register to comment.