Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need help on how to study!

H.al1997H.al1997 Member
edited October 2018 in General 318 karma

I ran through the whole 7 sage course (without PTing) and then I decided to hold off the LSAT and now I started to review all the concepts all over again. I've noticed that I improved a little bit (re-taking Problem Sets), but not a lot. I am not really sure how to study for it, anymore. If anyone can please give me tips or help me create a study schedule that would be great.

Comments

• Return On InferenceReturn On Inference Alum Member
    503 karma

I went through the CC once, then delayed just like you did.

When I came back, I went through the CC again. I think the second go at it is REALLY helpful, and I would suggest it even to people who don't take breaks away from the exam.

After you're done with that, there's a useful webinar on post-cc study strategies that you can watch!

• Beast ModeBeast Mode Live Member
    840 karma

Hi OP,

You can do it, there is enough time to get to your goal. Stay positive and focus on why you would like to go to law school. Here is the webinar Return on Inference is referring to along with a webinar on skipping strategies. I believe in you! Good luck!! :)

Post CC: https://7sage.com/webinar/post-core-curriculum-study-strategies/

Skipping Strategies: http://7sage.com/lesson/why-you-must-skip-questions-on-the-lsat

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

As has already been said, I would suggest going through the core curriculum again if you haven't already. I learned so much more the second time around after taking a long break, especially the fundamentals like support structure. Have you re-taken a diagnostic yet? It's hard to help provided specific steps without knowing how far you are from your goal or your section break down. You've said that you've improve a little on problem sets but not a lot; is it specific question types that you have struggled with or is everything hazy?

• olepuebloolepueblo Alum Member
    235 karma

Make sure to plan for a lot of tests with rigorous br. I’d try to set aside 20-30.

• H.al1997H.al1997 Member
    318 karma

@keets993 For example, I already finished Main Points/Conclusion and Most Strongly Supported....there are some problem sets were I scored 2/5 the first time, this time I'm scoring 3/5 or 4/5. However there are still some Problem sets were I scored 1/5. I have not taken a re-dignostic.

Thanks everyone for the helpful tips!

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

@H_al1411 I think you definitely need to go through the core curriculum then. Did you blind review the problem sets? If so, were the scores the same or different?

• H.al1997H.al1997 Member
    318 karma

@keets993 I did and yes there was a difference of one or two points