Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Law Admissions

Just got my first rejection. Got denied by Texas Tech. Pretty sure its due to my gpa. Thought I had a fairly good chance due to being 4 points above their 75th LSAT. Oh well. Still waiting on Texas AM and UNT. I appreciate this forum, everyone here has always been very kind and cordial to one another. I've been browsing the r/lawadmissions subreddit and it seems very toxic to me. I'm glad 7sage is not the same!

Comments

• TheAnxious0LTheAnxious0L Alum Member
    edited April 2018 587 karma

Sorry to hear about the ding. This cycle has been so flipping weird. And yeah, other law school forums are....interesting lol. Too many kids who put way too much of their value in numbers, and seem miserable. Law school will be a treat ! :P

• mcglz_64mcglz_64 Alum Member
    edited April 2018 891 karma

I'm sorry to hear this! I have faith that we will all end up at the law school we were meant to be in. This is a hard cycle but this thought has been especially helpful to me with how crazy/unpredictable this cycle is. We'll get there!

• kylewaynetaylorkylewaynetaylor Alum Member
    7 karma

Sorry to hear that, but thanks for sharing! I ran across your other post about being a splitter the other day. I’m afraid my GPA will play a hard part in the application process for next cycle. I have a cumulative 2.89 thanks to my original school and some horrible things that happened to me while I was there for three semesters, but my second college I attended I redid all of my classes and my graduating GPA was a 3.8 Magna Cum Laude. So I’m going to write an addendum when submitting my apps, and I’m hoping that along with seeing that three semesters starting in 2007 won’t override all of the hard work after and graduating in 2012. Fingers crossed that you’ll hear good news from the others you’ve applied to!

• Paul PedersonPaul Pederson Member
    903 karma

@kylewaynetaylor said:
    Sorry to hear that, but thanks for sharing! I ran across your other post about being a splitter the other day. I’m afraid my GPA will play a hard part in the application process for next cycle. I have a cumulative 2.89 thanks to my original school and some horrible things that happened to me while I was there for three semesters, but my second college I attended I redid all of my classes and my graduating GPA was a 3.8 Magna Cum Laude. So I’m going to write an addendum when submitting my apps, and I’m hoping that along with seeing that three semesters starting in 2007 won’t override all of the hard work after and graduating in 2012. Fingers crossed that you’ll hear good news from the others you’ve applied to!

Thanks!

I'm sure you'll do good!