Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If We Don't Hear From Schools

mcglz_64mcglz_64 Alum Member
in General 891 karma

Obviously deposit deadlines are coming up (one of mine is April 16) and while I understand there's still a few days left before that, I truly have not heard from any other schools other than one acceptance and one waitlist. I'm waiting on about 14 other schools and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I applied right at deadline but the deposit deadlines still don't change. If I don't hear back by a school's "known" deposit deadline, should I just assume I've been rejected?

Comments

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

I had been assuming they would contact us before the deadline. Maybe email them when the deadline is about a week away to both express your continued interest and ask this question.

They'll probably just give you a later deadline if they accept you late though. And I expect more and more big batches of rehections and waitlists to keep hitting us before the deposit deadlines.

• mcglz_64mcglz_64 Alum Member
    891 karma

Would it be out of line to send in a LOCI now, even before hearing back?

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

@mcglz_64 said:

Depends how long it's been since you submit, I think. I read someone had success with this at a T14.

• mcglz_64mcglz_64 Alum Member
    891 karma

@goingfor99th said:

@mcglz_64 said:

Depends how long it's been since you submit, I think. I read someone had success with this at a T14.

Ohhh where? Most of mine were subbed late because of a Feb LSAT

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

@mcglz_64 said:

@goingfor99th said:

@mcglz_64 said:

Ohhh where? Most of mine were subbed late because of a Feb LSAT

On LawSchool.Life. I would not submit one since it hasn't been that long.

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma

If you're admitted after a seat deposits passed usually you'll just owe a deposit soon after acceptance or you'll need to make a larger deposit at the 2nd deposit deadline. It varies.

One thing for sure is that not being accept by 1st seat deposit dates does NOT mean you're rejected.

• @mcglz_64 said:
    Obviously deposit deadlines are coming up (one of mine is April 16) and while I understand there's still a few days left before that, I truly have not heard from any other schools other than one acceptance and one waitlist. I'm waiting on about 14 other schools and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I applied right at deadline but the deposit deadlines still don't change. If I don't hear back by a school's "known" deposit deadline, should I just assume I've been rejected?

This cycle is a bunch of b.s.