Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Princeton Review PT

NefertariNefertari Alum Member
in General 202 karma

Hi everyone! First post since becoming a 7Sager last week :)

Does anyone know if the free proctored prep test that Princeton Review periodically provides is the same test each time? I went to a free event months ago (it turned out to be the June 2007 PT) and am signed up for the upcoming test this Saturday.

Comments

• LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma

No idea (though I'd imagine different) - but welcome!

• NefertariNefertari Alum Member
    202 karma

@LSATisland said:

Thanks! Yes, I'm hoping it's a different one. Maybe an undisclosed Feb test.

• LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma

Unlikely Princeton Review has access to those, but I'm all for hoping.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

@Nefertari said:

@LSATisland said:

Hi @Nefertari, I took the Princeton Review free test back in 2015 (when I first thought about going to law school), but it was June 2007 PT. So it's likely going to be the same one. But I guess you can ask them!

edited April 2018 202 karma

@akistotle said:

@Nefertari said:

@LSATisland said:

Hi @Nefertari, I took the Princeton Review free test back in 2015 (when I first thought about going to law school), but it was June 2007 PT. So it's likely going to be the same one. But I guess you can ask them!

Hi @akistotle, thanks for letting me know! I feared it would be the same. I'm now wondering if it would be a better use of my time to study the CC on Saturday instead...

• jknaufjknauf Alum Member
    edited April 2018 1741 karma

Just a heads up, a friend of mine sent me a few Princeton Review LG sections. The sections were riddled with mistakes. Some questions had two correct answers which obviously shouldn't be the case. I also double checked with my friends later, it wasn't just me being a noob. There really was mistakes.

edited April 2018 202 karma

@jknauf said:
    Just a heads up, a friend of mine sent me a few Princeton Review LG sections. The sections were riddled with mistakes. Some questions had two correct answers which obviously shouldn't be the case. I also double checked with my friends later, it wasn't just me being a noob. There really was mistakes.

It's funny you mention that because there were mistakes on the test that I took too. Some of the words in the stimulus and logic game rules were missing.

• coellacoella Alum Member
    edited April 2018 95 karma

Hey @Nefertari - I went to two Princeton Review proctored exams and they were the same test both times (June 2007). Luckily, I brought full length tests from the curriculum, and it turned out that a ton of other people did too. It's definitely worth going to even if it's June 2007 since it can prepare you for actual test day conditions (natural distractions, strict time keeping), and you get a free pencil!

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

@"b coella" said:
    Hey @Nefertari - I went to two Princeton Review proctored exams and they were the same test both times (June 2007). Luckily, I brought full length tests from the curriculum, and it turned out that a ton of other people did too. It's definitely worth going to even if it's June 2007 since it can prepare you for actual test day conditions (natural distractions, strict time keeping), and you get a free pencil!

So basically people took their own printed PTs to the exam site? That would be a better idea instead of taking their tests which seem to have mistakes. Just wanted to confirm.

95 karma

@LCMama2017 said:

@"b coella" said:

So basically people took their own printed PTs to the exam site? That would be a better idea instead of taking their tests which seem to have mistakes. Just wanted to confirm.

Yup!

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

@"b coella" said:

@LCMama2017 said:

@"b coella" said:

Yup!

Ok cool - thx!

202 karma

@"b coella" said:

That is an ingenious idea!! I'm definitely going to take my own copy. And like you said, apart from the test material it's still a good opportunity to practice other test-taking strategies like not rushing through the questions (which I was guilty of doing on test day and paid the price). =(

202 karma

Hi @b coella I just noticed this while printing the PT. Since the full length test provided in the curriculum has only 4 sections, wouldn't it throw off my answers on the score sheet since the test that Princeton Review provides has all 5 sections?

95 karma

@Nefertari said:
    Hi @b coella I just noticed this while printing the PT. Since the full length test provided in the curriculum has only 4 sections, wouldn't it throw off my answers on the score sheet since the test that Princeton Review provides has all 5 sections?

So sorry for missing this! I printed out a drill section for that 5th section (either an RC, LR, or LG section, depending on what I wanted to work on that week). What did you end up doing?

202 karma

@"b coella" said:
    So sorry for missing this! I printed out a drill section for that 5th section (either an RC, LR, or LG section, depending on what I wanted to work on that week). What did you end up doing?

That's what I did! :smile: Thanks!!