2. In/Out
      86.21%

Comments

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    edited April 2018 3072 karma

In/Out, for sure.

• lady macbethlady macbeth Alum Member
    894 karma

Generic, definitely in/out. With a twist, still in/out -- but sequencing with a twist makes good competition.

3072 karma

Sequencing is different from ordering, right? I assume we're referring to very specific game subtypes.

Simple ordering is different from sequencing, for example.

• eRetakereRetaker Free Trial Member
    2038 karma

Definitely in/out games with Jugglers, CDs, and dinosaurs being the toughest among them. Only tough sequencing game I can think of is 68 game 4...?

• Habeas PorpoiseHabeas Porpoise Alum Member Sage
    1866 karma

I usually find In/Out more difficult. Sequencing games with a twist can be tough, too.
    Then there's the occasional In/Out...with Sequencing.

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    edited April 2018 1804 karma

Depends on what "Sequencing" means. But personally, In & Out games (or Grouping in general, for that matter) tend to be harder than a typical Sequencing game.

• juanmapmjuanmapm Alum Member
    379 karma

I think the conditional elements intertwined in In/Out games make it much more difficult (at least for me). Although nothing's scarier than that star game in PT 38...

edited April 2018 3072 karma

When you become really skilled at grouping games, they start to 'feel' very linear. Linear games always 'feel' linear.

Am I crazy it does that first part make sense?

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited April 2018 3652 karma

Honestly sequencing is harder for me. Oftentimes I'll take 7 min on a 5 min easy sequencing game but take 5 min on a hard 10 min grouping game. It's easier for me to make mistakes especially when there's only a few rules and there arent any/many possible worlds to fill out completely. And just conceptually in/out games make more sense to me like this guy cant go here but can go here and he always has to be with this other guy. Whereas sequencing feels more like memorizing math formulas which I've never been good at lol.

• paulmv.benthempaulmv.benthem Alum Member
    1032 karma

Typically, I prefer sequencing games. Though, as I've gotten better at chaining up the conditions and being able to see inferences within the chain, I've actually gotten more reliable with in-out games.

3072 karma

@"surfy surf" said:
    Honestly sequencing is harder for me. Oftentimes I'll take 7 min on a 5 min easy sequencing game but take 5 min on a hard 10 min grouping game. It's easier for me to make mistakes especially when there's only a few rules and there arent any/many possible worlds to fill out completely. And just conceptually in/out games make more sense to me like this guy cant go here but can go here and he always has to be with this other guy. Whereas sequencing feels more like memorizing math formulas which I've never been good at lol.

This is interesting because humans are linear thinkers.

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

@goingfor99th said:

@"surfy surf" said:

If you asked me what 10+15 was right now I would freeze up lol sequencing games feel like math to me. Grouping feels like just throwing things into pots and pans. Guess i'm not human lol? //shrugs

3072 karma

@"surfy surf" said:

@goingfor99th said:

@"surfy surf" said:

If you asked me what 10+15 was right now I would freeze up lol sequencing games feel like math to me. Grouping feels like just throwing things into pots and pans. Guess i'm not human lol? //shrugs

Haha, maybe. :]

• In/out suck, just like the burger chain ;)