Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quick Question on LSAC academic reports

AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member

Hi all!
So.. I have a quick question. Okay.. maybe two questions :)

So, I sent in all the transcripts I can to the CAS so far (ASU will have to wait a couple more weeks before I can add that; end of semester coming). And I am just waiting and waiting to see how the two transcripts I have sent applied. How long did this take for you between when they received to when a report was ready? I had one transcript that may be extremely hard to process, and may not even apply at all.
Do they have to have all of my transcripts (including ASU's) before they make this report? Is that why there's nothing there yet? Or will they make one, and just update it when they get the final transcript?

Comments

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

I don’t remember how long it took. It was at least 2 weeks. I would just check in a month. If you’re applying for next cycle, and you’re graduating this spring, remember to request your graduating institution’s transcript after your final grades are posted. Some schools actually accepted me without my final quarter transcript but others would not process my app without it.
    They post the grades as they come. ie if you went to 2 community colleges and one university...there might be a period of time when only your CC grades are reported if LSAC receives those first.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

I'm planning on next cycle applications (2019). It's more a curiosity at this point. Definitely not a pressing need, just wondering. I will need to update my ASU transcripts as I go, I know.

Which schools wouldn't make a decision until final transcripts were processed? And did they say why? (were you borderline on a percentile?)

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    edited April 2018 2573 karma

@xadrianas6x I believe they will generate after more than one transcript has been received if you reported more than one school. My first transcript was received over a month before my second but I didn't receive the report until after a second transcript was received. It looks like I reported three schools because my school had a name change and it's different from what I reported but the report still generated after the second transcript was received. I didn't have to wait for the third transcript was received. If you reported two schools you won't get a report until they receive the second transcript. Maybe try deleting the school you're waiting on to get a report generated now and then just add it again at the end of the semester. They'll update your report at that time. Also, I received my report within a few days after they received the second transcript.

2689 karma

I had three: a cc, a correspondence program, and ASU listed. I haven't sent ASU yet as I still have 2 weeks till semester end, and maybe another week before grades post. I'm really curious to see if they count the correspondence program :smiley:

2689 karma

Update: They waited till I got my third transcript in to calculate it. I don't think my correspondence program even counted for anything. It never has before towards my college path, so makes sense I guess.

Their gpa calculation wound up being just a tiny bit better than I had calculated, and that was already really good. :) Worth waiting for I suppose.