Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Using the problems sets

edited April 2018 in General 101 karma

Hello everyone, question about the problem sets:
How does everyone use them? Do you complete a lesson, say weakening questions, and then hit some problems from the question bank to see if you're comprehending that specific section? Or, are you smashing through some core curriculum and and holding off on the sets until later?

admin note: edited for formatting

Comments

• teamteamvicsterteamteamvicster Alum Member
    774 karma

Hi! Boy that comment looks funky. There are all kinds of scroll bars going on. I went through the core curriculum and did the problem sets included at the end of the lessons. Once finished with the CC, I PT'd, found areas of weakness, and did pinpointed drills from the question bank.

• 101 karma

@teamteamvicster said:
    Hi! Boy that comment looks funky. There are all kinds of scroll bars going on. I went through the core curriculum and did the problem sets included at the end of the lessons. Once finished with the CC, I PT'd, found areas of weakness, and did pinpointed drills from the question bank.

Yeah I have no idea why my comment is appearing like that. When I posted, it looked normal. Woof.

And thank you, that makes sense. I didn't want to waste the question bank with explanations without knowing how I tested in each section. Thank you!

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

A little bit of all of the above. On some areas that I felt I struggled, I would drill during the CC. Now PTing, this is exactly my plan: use the PT's to make the analytics better, and focus on the problem types I am missing most often using the question bank.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

I went through 1/3 or half of the problem sets available based on my understanding of the concepts or comfortability after finishing the lesson. I ususally finish a lesson, say weaken, do 1 or 2 problem sets and BR it and then move on to the next concept. Then after I have completed a couple more topics, I go back and do more problem sets for ones that I've already completed so that I'm refreshing myself and also increasing the difficulty. I think this allows me to keep engaged with the material and the different LR types and increase my understanding. Especially when you go back to a question you previously had difficulty with but found it much easier the second time. Or, if you still have issues with it, it allows you to try to get a deeper understanding of what it is you struggle with.

• mjs44mjs44 Member
    19 karma

@teamteamvicster said:

@teamteamvicster Hey there! So you didn't PT during the CC, correct? I was thinking about doing PTs during the CC but now I'm thinking that isn't a smart choice given I am still learning new material.

• teamteamvicsterteamteamvicster Alum Member
    774 karma

Hi @mjs44

Nope! PTs are limited and precious, so definitely save them. The core curriculum should be about learning fundamentals. I refer back to the CC often to review things I thought I understood but turned out I only had a cursory understanding of the concepts. PTs are for helping us get used to timed testing conditions and to identify areas of weakness. Once identified, review core curriculum, drill baby drill, and repeat

• mjs44mjs44 Member
    19 karma

@teamteamvicster said:
    Hi @mjs44

Nope! PTs are limited and precious, so definitely save them. The core curriculum should be about learning fundamentals. I refer back to the CC often to review things I thought I understood but turned out I only had a cursory understanding of the concepts. PTs are for helping us get used to timed testing conditions and to identify areas of weakness. Once identified, review core curriculum, drill baby drill, and repeat