Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Low GPA Splitter, where can I go?

HarveySpecter911HarveySpecter911 Free Trial Member
edited April 2018 in General 11 karma

Hi all,

I am 3 years out of undergrad and have the following numbers:

2.71 GPA. (from top UC School)
165 Feb 2018 LSAT

I am URM, and have great work experience. (3 years as a litigation Paralegal at a respected medium-sized law firm in the silicon valley [80 ATTYS]).

I want to practice in California, what are my chances at Cal, UCLA, USC, UCI, or Davis? Or should I just take a scholly at a school like Santa Clara? Wouldn't want to go until Fall 2019. Does my work experience make my application stronger?

Thanks, all.

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Cal, UCLA and USC might be a bit hard to break into with your numbers. You would need to probably bump the LSAT a bit to have more “confidence” in saying you had a chance.

UCI and Davis are more realistic escpeially if you apply early.

As anictodal evidence right now:

I have:

LSAT: 171
    cGPA: 2.8
    Degree GPA: 4.0 (70 units)

Years of work experience including;

Military
    Law firm
    State court
    Federal court

And I have been rejected by USC, waitlisted at UCLA and have not heard back from UCI.

Cal is SUPER GPA heavy. So they would be a hard nut to crack...

I say try and get that LSAT high and aim at UCLA, UCI and USC with early applications!!

• HarveySpecter911HarveySpecter911 Free Trial Member
    11 karma

@LSATcantwin

Thank was incredibly helpful. Good luck to you, and please share your admission results!

I'm wondering how high of an LSAT I would need to get a full ride (or a big schollly) at Santa Clara - I wouldn't mind going there.

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma

You might also get a nice bump as a URM. But improving your LSAT will always help

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    1804 karma

I don't think work experience will make a drastic difference. Plenty of people have legal backgrounds in one way or another.