Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Test Center: Hilton Los Angeles?

BroccoliBroccoli Core Member
edited April 2018 in Test Center Reviews 352 karma

Registered late and the only option for me was Hilton..

Am I going to take a test inside the hotel? Did anyone took a test there? How was your experience.

Comments

• spitzy11spitzy11 Alum Member
    772 karma

I took mine at the JW Marriott in LA in December. There were several hundred of us in a giant ballroom. It was irritating because we heard the music from LA Live faintly throughout the majority of the test (but enough for it to be slightly distracting and annoying).

• BroccoliBroccoli Core Member
    352 karma

@spitzy11 hope i can change test center :(

772 karma

@Broccoli180 said:
    @spitzy11 hope i can change test center :(

I would highly recommend staying there the night before unless you live really close. I did and I don’t regret the extra money spent at all. If it’s not close to LA Live or something, it might be a good experience!

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    edited April 2018 1804 karma

@spitzy11 said:
    I would highly recommend staying there the night before unless you live really close. I did and I don’t regret the extra money spent at all. If it’s not close to LA Live or something, it might be a good experience!

I don't know... Some people find it hard to fall asleep in a new place. For something like the LSAT, it could be a problem.

1804 karma

Have a friend who took the LSAT at that location. She said it was okay.

772 karma

@FixedDice said:

@spitzy11 said:

I don't know... Some people find it hard to fall asleep in a new place. For something like the LSAT, it could be a problem.

I agree with you completely! I woke up 2 a.m. and couldn’t go back to bed and then started having anxiety because I couldn’t fall back asleep. It was terrible. But that traffic can be even worse and I’d never want to endure that the morning of that test.

1804 karma

@spitzy11 said:
    I agree with you completely! I woke up 2 a.m. and couldn’t go back to bed and then started having anxiety because I couldn’t fall back asleep. It was terrible. But that traffic can be even worse and I’d never want to endure that the morning of that test.

There's definitely something in that!

• BroccoliBroccoli Core Member
    352 karma

@spitzy11 How bad was traffic there in the morning? I live like 30-40mins away from the test place.

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Wondering if reserving 2 nights is worth it so you can adjust during first one?

772 karma

I think you should do whatever you think will put you in the best possible mental zone, scenario, and make you feel the least nervous. I tried to limit all of the factors that I could control prior that might add stress. For me, it would have been like driving to LAX (coming from Ventura county) so that’s how I judged how bad the drive might be. So I knew I’d never want to have to take a test after that because let’s face it, LA traffic is the worst and I get road rage easily lol. But I can’t personally attest to the Saturday AM traffic since I stayed there. Driving down there Friday night was HORRIBLE though. It took me 2 1/2 hours.

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited April 2018 3652 karma

I took mine at the Marriott in Irvine. It was in like, a business center(?) which you had to walk through the hotel to get to. One big room with a bunch of long tables. We had to wait outside for hundreds of people to get into the room which was annoying bc it was hot and it took around 2 hours. My game plan for this July is I’m gonna show up as last minute as possible and bring an umbrella and a fold up chair and just toss them in the bushes/throw them away on my way into the room. Also gonna bring food to eat while waiting bc I was hungry by the time the test started at 2pm.
    Idk what your exact hotel structure is like but just warning you you may have to wait outside and it’s definitely gonna take a long time to get everyone seated.
    I think one + of taking it at a hotel instead of in a school classroom is that you don’t have to sit at those tiny university desks. I would assume that schools don’t clear out classrooms and provide bigger desks for the LSAT. Also, again idk what your hotel will be like, but we had a bathroom within the room and didn’t have to wander around campus if god forbid we had to pee during the exam lol