Myers-Briggs and the LSAT

olepuebloolepueblo Alum Member
in General 235 karma

16personalities.com

There is a lot of good criticism of the personality test, but I still think it's interesting to discuss..esp. in ctxt of the LSAT. Wondering if certain personality types (like analysts) actually tend to do better on the LSAT. I found very limited data with a google search. Thought the forum could be a good place to talk about it, criticize the test, and perhaps get into a nature vs. nurture debate :)

-Sam

Comments

• olepuebloolepueblo Alum Member
    235 karma

Found an old thread if anyone's interested: https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/3595/mbti-type/p2

I'm an intp.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

I read some research articles that said personality types tend to be inaccurate since they rely upon generalizations that can apply to anyone depending on the context

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    edited April 2018 4423 karma

I sort of doubt personality matters all that much for the test. It probably affects whether you will be willing to study long enough for the test and how happy you will be as a lawyer, but probably not how well you will do.

INTP (barely on the T or P though)

• lady macbethlady macbeth Alum Member
    894 karma

INTJ over here!

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

ESTJ! I think that some personality types are probably more inclined to do well on the LSAT (maybe they just like testing more in general, etc.) but your personality type probably isn't enough to outweigh other factors in your life that have shaped your aptitude for the LSAT. I also think that it would be detrimental to some people if they thought that their personality type automatically meant that they weren't capable of performing well on the test.

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

Myers-Briggs is fun to talk about, but it's not a scientifically valid way of classifying personality.

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

I popped up as an ENTP. Seems to fit my personality, then again, the test is a "One size fits most" type of test.

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

INFJ, BOI!!!!!!

• xtinextinextinextine Member
    861 karma

I always get INTJ or INFJ. :lol: I'd also recommend the Enneagram type test! I'm type 5, although I totally forget what it means lol.

• Habeas PorpoiseHabeas Porpoise Alum Member Sage
    edited April 2018 1866 karma

I got ENFJ, but it seems to translate to rather generic personality characteristics. It was fun to take though.

With the LSAT I think a willingness to put in the work and stay consistent (and not let challenges hold you back) is enough to reach individual goals, if not score really well.

• blacknerdsmbblacknerdsmb Free Trial Member
    22 karma

I fluctuate between INFP and ENFJ. I'm and introverted extrovert.

• teamteamvicsterteamteamvicster Alum Member
    774 karma

Where my ENFP's at???
    Apparently I'm emotional AF.

• @oldpueblolsatprep said:
    16personalities.com

There is a lot of good criticism of the personality test, but I still think it's interesting to discuss..esp. in ctxt of the LSAT. Wondering if certain personality types (like analysts) actually tend to do better on the LSAT. I found very limited data with a google search. Thought the forum could be a good place to talk about it, criticize the test, and perhaps get into a nature vs. nurture debate :)

-Sam

I recommend everyone to take this exam! ISTJ!!!!:)

• Jane1990Jane1990 Alum Member
    197 karma

@teamteamvicster Oh wow! I used to be ENFP but now I am INFP. We can be emotional together lol

• ad_coelumad_coelum Alum Member
    285 karma

@blacknerdsmb said:
    I fluctuate between INFP and ENFJ. I'm and introverted extrovert.

You may be an ‘ambivert’ then! I also usually score in between both introvert and extrovert qualities. Although I tend to lean more on the extroverted side.

• rpadr007rpadr007 Member
    edited May 2018 101 karma

Executive: ESTJ, -A/-T just like Judge Judy

For you guys who aren't keen on personality profiles, try taking the test with an open mind and try to answer reflexively instead of reactively. Sometimes if we take too long to answer the question, cognitive dissonance can cloud the accuracy of the results.