Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reporting to law schools at the time of admission

jjoushlynjjoushlyn Alum Member

Hello 7sagers,

I was just wondering if I started a masters program and did not complete it do I have to put that school on my application for example lsac . I just want to know if a withdrawal or W in a institution I no longer want to attend wouldn’t look so good on my application. Is it possible I don’t have
To bring up the school at all ?

Comments

• ZaTablerZaTabler Alum Member
    513 karma

I would absolutely report it. When the times comes for your character & fitness check it will come up and negatively affect you. You will be glad you did, even though its petty, they take everything into consideration.

• LastLSATLastLSAT Alum Member
    edited April 2018 1028 karma

@jjoushlyn Withdrawals from a program or from a course are not a big deal at all, as long as your GPA and LSAT are competitive.

I had several W grades while in undergrad, and I withdrew entirely from a post-graduate degree program. I simply wrote an addendum explaining that this was just the result of my decision to pursue law instead of another career path.

No questions asked during any of my interviews, and I got multiple full rides in the T-20 + $$$ in the T14, despite applying at the deadline pretty much everywhere this cycle.

• jjoushlynjjoushlyn Alum Member
    198 karma

Wow thank you both !