Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Opinion time: What do you think is the most soul crushing reading comprehension passage?

Just for fun, I'd like to know what you guys think is the worst reading comp passage. My vote is the Navajo blanket passage from PT3. What's yours?

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

I have a personal vendetta against Elieen Gray and her liquirce Wood.

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    1804 karma

You might find some of your answers here, but then again, soul crushing and disliking are two different things... https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/15605/whats-your-least-favorite-rc-passage-s

I second Eileen Gray. I also dislike Roy Lichtenstein.

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    edited April 2018 3072 karma

Bonus: PT 38, Passage 2, Question #12 is terrible.

• westher008westher008 Alum Member
    37 karma

Anything on nature, space, or science experiments.. for example, in October 1996, the one that begins with "Many birds that form flocks compete through aggressive interaction for priority of access to resources such as food and shelter." ...

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

PT38 RC Q12 was pretty tricky. I got it okay, but yeah... what a mean question.

• janelleengjanelleeng Alum Member
    154 karma

there was one passage in Dec 2011 about soil and it was by far the hardest one I read! I didn't understand it at all :(

• Return On InferenceReturn On Inference Alum Member
    503 karma

I found PT45 Passage 2 to be a killer. Nearly all the questions have a trick AC based on a subtle misreading.

You can easily go -5 without marking a single AC for BR.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    edited April 2018 4423 karma

The undisclosed February 2017 reading comp passage on bees is the one that was most soul crushing for me. I had already done the other bees passage so it rattled me quite a bit.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

the riddled basins of attraction passage SUCKED for me

• LouislepauvreLouislepauvre Alum Member
    750 karma

My background is in literature/humanities, so I love everything pertaining to that. When I look at an RC, first thing I do is look at the topics. I rank them in the order I'd like to do them. The one I save for last is always science oriented, especially if it has to do with space or anatomy (if I see the word "peptide", I'm done).

• ChaimtheGreatChaimtheGreat Alum Member 🍌🍌
    1277 karma

Riddled Basins PT 50

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

The RC from the Sept 2017 test was wicked IIRC. Something about judges maybe?

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

@Louislepauvre said:
    My background is in literature/humanities, so I love everything pertaining to that. When I look at an RC, first thing I do is look at the topics. I rank them in the order I'd like to do them. The one I save for last is always science oriented, especially if it has to do with space or anatomy (if I see the word "peptide", I'm done).

Lol, I'm an engineering major with a minor in biology, total opposite. If I see a topic about iambic pentameter or Thoreaus influence on American literature...i use all my lifelines!

• Lsat taker22Lsat taker22 Alum Member
    315 karma

Hey! Where's the candor here? We all know making hasty judgements will lead to no where..

• Accounts PlayableAccounts Playable Live Sage
    3107 karma

Any passage that had an analogy question...pretty much was an automatic miss.

• LawrealtyLawrealty Core Member
    71 karma

Hey guys I need some quick feedback , please... Whenever I go through the test prep slowly I seem to get them right but as soon as I do a test under pressure I am not able to complete the time sections. what do I do...

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

@tylerdschreur10 said:

@Louislepauvre said:

Lol, I'm an engineering major with a minor in biology, total opposite. If I see a topic about iambic pentameter or Thoreaus influence on American literature...i use all my lifelines!

Haha... it's so funny, because I'm the opposite too. Music major with a lifelong affinity for literature. Hit me with that Thoreau and iambic pentameter any day! I love when any passage has to do with art of literature. Anything science-y and I'm toast.

Also yes, agreed on the judges/candor passage from the Sept 2017 LSAT. Good gracious... it's the first time I didn't even finish a RC section. I literally laughed when time ran out because it was insane how badly I did on that.

• lizpillizpil Member
    282 karma

I find most passages that reference multiple time frames together are the worst.