Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fool-proofing LG

MarClaAveMarClaAve Member
in Logic Games 123 karma

Can someone explain the process of fool-proofing? What resources do you use? Does is matter if I fool proof before or after going through CC? How many months (average) does is take?

Comments

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

This is the most used guide for fool proofing:

https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737/logic-games-attack-strategy/p1

You should wait til near the end of the CC or completely after you've completed the CC. Basically, only start once you've done all the LG lessons.

It takes at least 3 months, and that's if you're doing a ton of games throughout.

• MarClaAveMarClaAve Member
    123 karma

I see, thank you.

• paulmv.benthempaulmv.benthem Alum Member
    edited April 2018 1032 karma

@mariecavery said:
    How many months (average) does is take?

For myself, I worked through the entire CC before moving onto FPing PT1-35. It took about a month for me to go -0 on a full, timed LG section. Now, I typically go either -0 or -1 on a section, with -2 on a bad day.

During the FP process, it often feels like you're going nowhere and there's no obvious signs of improvement. But be patient with yourself and trust the method! Good luck!

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

@mariecavery said:
    Can someone explain the process of fool-proofing? What resources do you use? Does is matter if I fool proof before or after going through CC? How many months (average) does is take?

I was just doing foolproofing nearly full time with no break days and did one new test of games everyday along with the repeats from the day before and the week before. I wouldn't recommend pushing it that far, but it took me 42 days. I'd say that is the reasonable minimum to get through it sanely.

I bet much more than 3 months and you would lose the benefits of doing so many games in such a shirt time that you can see the patterns easilly between similar games.

So I would recommend scheduling it out ahead of time and allocating certain days to foolproofing each game so you keep making progress. Aiming for about 3 months seems right to me especially if you study the other sections some too.

You could foolproof before or after the CC, but if you know you are doing both foolproofing and the CC, you might as well do the CC before foolproofing.