Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Same BR and Actual Score

Michelle ObamaMichelle Obama Alum Member
in General 111 karma

My BR and Actual Scores are the same for the last 3 PT's! I take my PT on Saturdays and BR for about 1 hour per section...Except for Reading Comp. I don't know how to BR that section....Anyway. I've improved A LOT since I started (135 to 154) since taking the December test. I want to get to 160 but I don't know what I'm doing wrong in my BR's.

help

Comments

• beezmoofbeezmoof Alum Member
    555 karma

Do you use the same physical test from your timed test to BR? Or do you use a blank test to BR? Also when do you do your BRs? On Saturday or the day after?

• Michelle ObamaMichelle Obama Alum Member
    111 karma

I BR either the next day or within 2 days. And I use the same test I took to BR with.

• paulmv.benthempaulmv.benthem Alum Member
    1032 karma

@"Michelle Obama" said:
    My BR and Actual Scores are the same for the last 3 PT's! I take my PT on Saturdays and BR for about 1 hour per section...Except for Reading Comp. I don't know how to BR that section....

help

Could you elaborate a bit more about your BR process? If you're not sure how to BR RC, I suspect your BR process might be a little off. If you could describe your process, I think that will help to diagnosis what your problem may be.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    edited April 2018 27859 karma

This means one of two things, each with it’s own solution.

1. Your BR is sloppy. This would be my guess. A good BR is really intensive and an hour a section likely isn’t enough. First, make sure you’re using a clean copy. If you’re BRing from your test, you’ll have a motivation to confirm your answers, and that’s really dangerous. Second, don’t just work out questions over again on the test. Get a BR notebook and write out your explanations/understanding. ID the question type; break down the stimulus, both logically and grammatically; and explain exactly why it is either right or wrong. When you’re done, go back through and analyze how you did. Why did you miss each question? What essential skill or area of knowledge will you need to reinforce in order to not make the same mistake again next time?

2. The other possibility is that you’ve just maxed out your potential. In that case, you just need to stop taking PT’s and just respond better to the ones you’ve already taken. After the BR process outlined above, follow through and strengthen the weaknesses each PT exposes.

111 karma

@CantGetRight you're probably right. I find myself confirming my own answers and ignoring the other questions. Thanks for the advice. I'll try this for this round of BR.

111 karma

Shout out to @CantGetRight, I finished my round of BR with his advice and realized I was making the same mistakes on the same questions over and over again. Now I know what I was thinking in my mind and how to prevent those same mistakes. I hope to see some improvement for my next PT. Totally helped, thanks man.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27859 karma

No problem! I know because I've been there!