Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Law School News

12346»

Comments

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

@"Paul Caint" said:
    @goingfor99th @LSAT_Wrecker @LSATcantwin Haha do you guys see this as a good thing?

Idk the realisticness of getting off the waitlist..

U must have great softs and PS on top your strong lsat

• ZizouFriedaZizouFrieda Free Trial Member
    58 karma

Wait, Northwestern had a wave of responses? Still crickets here.

Still nothing from Northwestern, NYU, Columbia, Yale, or Texas.

This is what I get for applying at the end of the cycle.

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

I'm at YLS ASW right now. Dean Gerken walked right up to me and spoke with me today.

/swoon

I love this place.

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

@goingfor99th Can you ask her to let me in?

Or just get back to me :disappointed:

• mcglz_64mcglz_64 Alum Member
    891 karma

Has anyone heard from GULC recently (within the last 2 weeks?)

• ofili.lillyofili.lilly Free Trial Member
    42 karma

@mcglz_64 said:
    Has anyone heard from GULC recently (within the last 2 weeks?)

I know they've reached out twice in the last week to those on the waitlist. One through video and another with a follow up email about expressing interest. Basically just telling everyone to sit tight until after their first deposits on May 1st.

3521 karma

YALE PLEASE

• mcglz_64mcglz_64 Alum Member
    891 karma

Are there some schools that are for sure just doing WLs and rejections from this point on? Still waiting on my top top schools right now but have gotten 1 acceptance, 2 WLs and 3 rejections already

3072 karma

@"Paul Caint" said:
    YALE PLEASE

lolol

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

I'm pretty sure Irvine has just lost my application. It some how ended up in the "trash" bin on a desktop somewhere. That would explain how I'm still waiting...

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    I'm pretty sure Irvine has just lost my application. It some how ended up in the "trash" bin on a desktop somewhere. That would explain how I'm still waiting...

I think there are a ton of us in that same boat. Radio silence for me too. It looks on LSN like they haven't done a wave since 3/26. I don't remember if it was here or on LSL (I think LSL?) someone said that there were a ton of people at their ASW, like way more than they have said they want their incoming 1L class size to be. So I'm wondering if we're not hearing because they kinda over-committed themselves early and are waiting to see if people withdraw or miss deposits before they respond to anyone else.

13286 karma

@"Leah M B" said:

@LSATcantwin said:

I think there are a ton of us in that same boat. Radio silence for me too. It looks on LSN like they haven't done a wave since 3/26. I don't remember if it was here or on LSL (I think LSL?) someone said that there were a ton of people at their ASW, like way more than they have said they want their incoming 1L class size to be. So I'm wondering if we're not hearing because they kinda over-committed themselves early and are waiting to see if people withdraw or miss deposits before they respond to anyone else.

So wait-listed without actually being wait-listed? I'm so good at getting waitlisted I can be on it before they even put me on it?!

O_O lol

8392 karma

@mcglz_64 said:
    Are there some schools that are for sure just doing WLs and rejections from this point on? Still waiting on my top top schools right now but have gotten 1 acceptance, 2 WLs and 3 rejections already

For sure some schools. Pretty sure USC and Berkeley. Most schools at this point are likely not giving out many acceptances, I'd guess.

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

I just heard back from NYU....WL :[ Also lots of schools I was already waitlisted at are sending updates, basically, sit tight we're going to start letting a few lucky souls in from purgatory in the vague future

• EvetteCeeEvetteCee Alum Member
    224 karma

Just heard from USC .... dinged

3072 karma

248 people in YLS 2021 FB group. I think they're close to done. It has slowed to a crawl since ASW.

3521 karma

@goingfor99th I just need my denial already so I can begin the healing process

3521 karma

Waitlisted at Yale

More purgatory :disappointed:

• m.c lshopefulm.c lshopeful Alum Member
    614 karma

@"Paul Caint" said:
    Waitlisted at Yale

Don't be disappointed! There is no way I'd be able to achieve a WL at Yale and you know it isn't one of the bullshit soft-rejection wait lists... I'd feel pretty good, especially considering the great options you've had!

3521 karma

@"mickey.caleb" Haha thanks!

They a "fast-track" transfer application for applicants offered a waitlist to apply after 1L...which is very interesting...

3072 karma

@"Paul Caint" said:
    Waitlisted at Yale

Congratulations!

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

@"Paul Caint" said:
    Waitlisted at Yale

Same, waitlisted at Yale. I just hope one of these works out for you.

3521 karma

@"Seeking Perfection" I'm really happy with UChicago, but I wanna see some of these waitlists through :smile:

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

@"Paul Caint" said:
    @"Seeking Perfection" I'm really happy with UChicago, but I wanna see some of these waitlists through :smile:

Yeah, I want the cycle to end and am happy where I am, but an acceptance would mean a lot.

13286 karma

Last but not least - Irvine Waitlist bringing my total waitlist up to 8

3072 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

Jesus.

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

What the F!!!!!!

8392 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

UGH ridiculous. I think that they just accepted too many people early in the cycle. I really think you would have had a shot there earlier.

(Also, how did you find out? Email? Snail mail?)

13286 karma

@"Leah M B" said:

@LSATcantwin said:

UGH ridiculous. I think that they just accepted too many people early in the cycle. I really think you would have had a shot there earlier.

(Also, how did you find out? Email? Snail mail?)

Snail mail lol

• csulbsmw07csulbsmw07 Alum Member
    10 karma

Yes, I heard back from USC ... I didnt get in... My application is on hold at South Western Law school will wait for June LSAT

8392 karma

Update for anyone on Michigan's waitlist - they aren't planning on admitting anyone from it. :( But noted that they think it will be a busy waitlist season so spots may open up later as others shuffle around.

https://www.law.umich.edu/prospectivestudents/admissions/pages/wait.aspx

::deep, sad sigh::