Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The June 2018 LSAT is like the World Series for me.

lTexlawzlTexlawz Free Trial Member
in General 277 karma

This is my random thought. If I could get the LSAT sections line up in an order. This is an order that I wish it would be LR RC LR LG or RC LR LR LG. My reasoning is simple. I want to save my best stuff to close up and finish well. Much like a baseball game. The last part would be like a pitcher who is an ace that strikes out a lot of batters to close off the game and preserve the lead. Or 4th section to put the strong homer run hitter that cleans up. My PTs have been for the last 18 PTs 180.
Except one or two where it would be 179. I am sitting for the June 2018 LSAT and feel like I am going to the World Series to win the whole enchilada. Some people hate and dread the LSAT. I love the LSAT.

Comments

• TexAgAaronTexAgAaron Alum Member
    1723 karma

Automatic "like" simply for the Houston Astros picture #NeverSettle haha

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

The thing is: you don't get to choose the order. You've got to be ready for battle no matter what section comes up.

But if you've scored 180 on 18 straight PTs, it really shouldn't matter. You're an LSAT god at that point.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

You do realize that there isn't any mammoth benefit to a 180 over say a 179 or 178 right? These scores are over the 75ths at all schools schools.

So if you have scored 179 or 180 on 18 tests in a row which is stunningly impressive, then I don't see why you would be worried about the order of the sections. Additionally, assuming it took some time to get up to this level of mastery and you were not just naturally gifted, why spend the time? Your 180 is going to look exactly the same as mine on an application and I got one in the 80 or so practice tests I did. And this equalness of how our scores will look isn't just because I got lucky and got a 180 on the real thing. Had I recieved a 179 or 178, schools would still have looked at our apps the same.

Don't make the perfect the enemy of the good. If you stress yourself out over whether you are getting a 180 or whether that 180 is going to be perfect, you may end up ruining your first take with a bubbling error or stupid distracted mistakes. Just do your best. It sounds like it should be plenty good enough.

• lTexlawzlTexlawz Free Trial Member
    277 karma

I have not thought about the schools yet. I will do that late summer and research after the score comes in. I don't stress over the score. I wanted this like winning a giant trophy and hitting the long ball going over the fence. I have been working at it for 2 1/2 years.If I stayed focused and not distracted, I will get the score in the range that I am use to. Also, I am not going to have an issue. As for the order of the sections, I know that don't have choice where they are placed. It is preference and not set in stone. The order is the sweet spot. But, I will take what I can get at the time. I am excited at the same time that is really happening. I am not stressed about it.

• lady macbethlady macbeth Alum Member
    894 karma

Those PT scores are amazing! How long have you been preparing for?

• lTexlawzlTexlawz Free Trial Member
    277 karma

@lady macbeth 2 1/2 years because I wanted to make sure that I was ready. I am very ready now.

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

I hope you get a 177. :D

• Return On InferenceReturn On Inference Alum Member
    503 karma

On topic:

I think you've got a great attitude towards the test, and that probably has contributed a lot to your crazy scores!

Off topic:

Do you collect any data while PTing that you'd be willing to share? I've actually never heard of someone consistently averaging 180, so I'd be extremely interested to see what that kind of test taker marks for BR, sectional breakdowns, etc.

• Simple ManSimple Man Alum Member
    448 karma

You won't get any of those orders, there's a 5th section! That being said, you're good dude! Clearly you've busted your a$$ to get that kind of consistency. Sit back and enjoy taking your $150k payday test. Order is a non-issue.

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

@RockyMountainHigh said:
    You won't get any of those orders, there's a 5th section!

Lolol, yes OP, I do hope that in scoring your eighteen 180s in a row you figured out there is an experimental 5th section.

In any case, I don't really understand the preference of sections because if you're scoring 180 time after time, then you've so perfected the test that no section could possibly be worrisome. It'd be like trying to pick a prize out of three boxes, two with a million dollars and one with $999,999.

@goingfor99th Don't hate on 177s buddy! As @"Seeking Perfection" said, scores above the 75th percentile of a school are treated roughly the same.

@"Return On Inference" I was nowhere near that level on the LSAT, but I did get four 180s and 4 179s during my prep (and a 177 on the real thing). Feel free to study buddy me on 7sage if you want to look at analytics. I was pretty conservative with my BR-- I circled anything I wasn't 99.9% sure about. So on better sections I circled 6-10 for BR and on worse sections 10-15. But as far as what I went back to at the end of a section, maybe more like only one to four questions.

3072 karma

Hard to hate on any score that high. I am more or less mocking OP for his 180 obsession.

• LindsMitchLindsMitch Alum Member
    edited April 2018 589 karma

Since this thread seems to be full of high 75th percentile + scorers @goingfor99th @AllezAllez21 @"Seeking Perfection" @lTexlawz , what do you think made the difference for you to jump from high 160s/low 170s to the high 170s? Just intense BR?

My last 5 PTs have been 168, 169, 165 (oops), 171, 169. Getting 100% on LG. Missing 5ish on RC, 3-5 on each LR. I typically BR RC to -0/-1 and BR LR to -2 or so on each section. I'm trying to take it in Juneeeee so 6 weeks left.

3072 karma

@LindsMitch said:
    Since this thread seems to be full of high 75th percentile + scorers @goingfor99th @AllezAllez21 @"Seeking Perfection" @lTexlawz , what do you think made the difference for you to jump from high 160s/low 170s to the high 170s? Just intense BR?

My last 5 PTs have been 168, 169, 165 (oops), 171, 169. Getting 100% on LG. Missing 5ish on RC, 3-5 on each LR. I typically BR RC to -0/-1 and BR LR to -2 or so on each section. I'm trying to take it in Juneeeee so 6 weeks left.

My best general advice: Drill weaknesses and drill timed sections. Don't burnout. Balance your life. Try to frame the LSAT as an enjoyable hobby rather than a dreaded obligation.

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

@RockyMountainHigh said:
    You won't get any of those orders, there's a 5th section! That being said, you're good dude! Clearly you've busted your a$$ to get that kind of consistency. Sit back and enjoy taking your $150k payday test. Order is a non-issue.

180k*

4423 karma

@"surfy surf" said:

@RockyMountainHigh said:

180k*

In my experience the odds right now are still more in favor of getting $150k than 180 even with a 180. But who knows how much tuition may go up and if $180 may soon become the just short of full tuition number? Additionally at several schools full tuition already is $180,000.

On a side note I weighed myself for the first time in a long time today and literally weighed exactly 180 pounds. I was going to try to lose a little weight and get more fit this summer, but I'm not sure I have the heart to ruin such a perfect number.

4423 karma

@LindsMitch said:

I don't have great advice since, I mostly improved from my 172 to my 180 by foolproofing logic games and getting a tad lucky on the other sections on test day.

I recommend keeping a folder of either pictures of LR questions you have missed/been umcertain on or a literal folder of cutout questions and going through the rational for how to get them right in your spare time. It was reassuring to me to know that I either had gotten every LR question ever written right the first time or went over the rational for how to get the right answers and elliminate the wrong ones at least 10 or so times. This made the LR sections sort of relaxing to me on the actual test since I was confident on them and used to doing them when I was relaxed.

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

@"Seeking Perfection" said:

@"surfy surf" said:

@RockyMountainHigh said:

180k*

In my experience the odds right now are still more in favor of getting $150k than 180 even with a 180. But who knows how much tuition may go up and if $180 may soon become the just short of full tuition number? Additionally at several schools full tuition already is $180,000.

On a side note I weighed myself for the first time in a long time today and literally weighed exactly 180 pounds. I was going to try to lose a little weight and get more fit this summer, but I'm not sure I have the heart to ruin such a perfect number.

Oh I read “150k payday” and assumed they were talking about future salary. It’s $180k/year with inflation if you’re in big law from a t10. Couple years ago it was $150k.
    Also, lol.