Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Waitlist campaign

olioliberolioliber Alum Member
in General 729 karma

Long story short: I have been waitlisted at 5 schools. Sent 2 loci, visited. It's been 3 weeks with no answer. I want to keep in touch. Should I send a quick email? What should I say? Is it appropriate to send a transcript addendum?

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma

Waitlists don't start moving until after seat deposits are due, usually first week of May. Perfectly normal to have not heard anything back at this point. Hang in there, things are about to start shaking up!

• olioliberolioliber Alum Member
    729 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:
    Waitlists don't start moving until after seat deposits are due, usually first week of May. Perfectly normal to have not heard anything back at this point. Hang in there, things are about to start shaking up!

What if it's a May-entry program at my top choice?

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

Hi! Ack! No word yet, huh? For the May-entry program - my guess is that perhaps you were not accepted to that program since its already May and presumabley classes would start in a few short weeks. You can always call the school and check in and tell them you applied for the May-entry program but have not heard. Perhaps the school is pushing you back to the fall?

What would be the transcript addendum? Final grades or another letter?

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7272 karma

I recently posted a new lesson about waitlists: https://7sage.com/admissions/lesson/what-to-do-after-you-get-waitlisted/

I hope it's helpful!

729 karma

@LCMama2017 said:
    Hi! Ack! No word yet, huh? For the May-entry program - my guess is that perhaps you were not accepted to that program since its already May and presumabley classes would start in a few short weeks. You can always call the school and check in and tell them you applied for the May-entry program but have not heard. Perhaps the school is pushing you back to the fall?

What would be the transcript addendum? Final grades or another letter?

Explanation of all factors affecting my GPA

729 karma

@"David.Busis" said:
    I recently posted a new lesson about waitlists: https://7sage.com/admissions/lesson/what-to-do-after-you-get-waitlisted/

I hope it's helpful!

I'm unable to open the content. My membership expired:(