RC Review | PTs 58 - 65 | All RC Sections | May 3rd - June 2nd | 9pm - midnight EDT

J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
edited May 2018 in General 13940 karma

Hey 7Sagers,

For a whole month, I'll be leading Reading Comp review sessions every other day. These sessions are open to all 7Sagers who have an account, free or paid.

In total, I'm going to cover 8 PTs of RC. That's 32 passages.
I'll do this over 16 sessions, covering two passages per session.

All sessions will start at 9pm and end at midnight, Eastern Time.
If you're on the west coast, that's 6pm - 9pm, Pacific Time.

Should I join these sessions?
If you've finished or are almost finished with the RC section of the Core Curriculum, then this is meant for you. At minimum, I will assume that you've finished every lesson in the "Reading Comprehension - Science" lesson set. First lesson from that class is here.

How many of these sessions should I join?
Probably half or fewer. The reason is because you don't want to waste PTs. You'll learn something from these sessions but the returns diminish at some point. And there's value in keeping a subset of these PTs clean so you can use them as fully timed PTs.

What happens in these sessions?
We'll read the passage together, paragraph by paragraph. I'll ask you to make low resolution summaries of each paragraph. We'll use those low res summaries to build higher resolution summaries. Then, we'll answer the questions together.

How should I prepare?
Have a clean, unmarked copy of the PT ready in front of you so we can read and answer the questions together. Please wear headphones and try to be in a quiet place. It's okay if you've done the passage before. It's also okay if you've never seen the passage before.

Will these sessions be recorded?
No. If you're looking for video explanations of these passages, you can find them on your Progress page.

How do I join?
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/270891637

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (646) 749-3131

Access Code: 270-891-637

Joining from a video-conferencing room or system?
Dial: 67.217.95.2##270891637

First GoToMeeting? Let's do a quick system check: https://link.gotomeeting.com/system-check

Obtaining the PTs
If you have an Ultimate or Ultimate+ account, you will be able to view and print PTs 58-65 under the Syllabus.

Alternatively, you can purchase the PTs from LSAC on Amazon:
PrepTests 52–61
PrepTests 62–7

Comments

• ML_LSAT_KillaML_LSAT_Killa Alum Member
    edited April 2018 267 karma

This sounds Amazing. Will definitely join for some of the even # PTs. Can’t wait for the first one!

• paulmv.benthempaulmv.benthem Alum Member
    1032 karma

Can't tell you how delightful it was to wake up to this post!

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

Stoked!

• LmynorLmynor Member
    13 karma

Thank you for doing this J.Y.! This is awesome! A quick question, for those of us who are on the East Coast and may be busy during this time will the videos be retrievable later?

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    13940 karma

@Lmynor Sorry, these sessions won't be recorded. There are already video explanations in the course for the RC in PTs 58-65.

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Do you sleep J.Y.? This is just awesome!

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    Do you sleep J.Y.? This is just awesome!

http://i.imgur.com/9E13sjF.jpg

• ChaimtheGreatChaimtheGreat Alum Member 🍌🍌
    1277 karma

Thank you JY can’t wait.

• Hamaseh_SHamaseh_S Alum Member
    436 karma

This is awesome, thanks for arranging! Should we do the section in advance and treat this as BR/review or come to the sessions without reading in advance?

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma

JY, thank you so much to have this experience with you!!

I am travelling thru next Monday night but printed out a fresh copy of PT58 & 59 (thanks to Ultimate +) I will not have wi-fi and not in an environment to actively participate but plan on calling in for the first few sessions if ok to listen in? Look forward to future sessions to be more actively involved!

Yay!! So awesome!

edited May 2018 13940 karma

@Hamaseh_S Either way is fine. The first thing we'll do is read the passage together.
    @twssmith Yes, that's fine.

• Linda1205Linda1205 Member
    215 karma

This is so awesome!! Thank you JY!

• Kristen BKristen B Member
    388 karma

WOW!! So amazing!! Thank you so much JY.

• Do the right wayDo the right way Alum Member
    181 karma

Thank you JY. You are just awesome !!

• joel_meszarosjoel_meszaros Member
    8 karma

So just to clarify, I don't need Ultimate to join these sessions? I currently am using Premium

• SLP_futureJDSLP_futureJD Alum Member
    464 karma

Hi JY! I'm still in the Logical Reasoning portion of the core curriculum, but I could skip ahead and try to get through the RC curriculum so I can participate in this. Do you recommend skipping ahead or just staying on the path as its intended? Thanks!

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    2983 karma

This is sick! Thanks JY!!

• MarClaAveMarClaAve Member
    123 karma

I haven’t started CC yet would it still be beneficial to join in for one? Will these be available for playback in a few months?

• Andrea_95Andrea_95 Alum Member
    8 karma

I'm haven't gotten to the RC part of the curriculum yet, and I would like to see these when I'm at that section. Will these be available for me to watch later?

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

@Andrea_95 JY has already said that these won't be recorded but there are video explanations for these available.

• ecarr_12ecarr_12 Live Member
    187 karma

This is god sent

• Hozzie297Hozzie297 Alum Member
    28 karma

I hope this is a sign

• 8 karma

This is awesome, can't wait. Do you recommend having completed each section prior to attending?

9372 karma

@"marcus.holtzman" said:
    This is awesome, can't wait. Do you recommend having completed each section prior to attending?

Hi @"marcus.holtzman",

J.Y. has already answered your question above.

@"J.Y. Ping" said:
    @Hamaseh_S Either way is fine. The first thing we'll do is read the passage together.

I edited the OP to address some of these questions.

• studentservicestudentservice Alum Member Administrator Moderator Student Services
    1421 karma

@joel_meszaros said:
    So just to clarify, I don't need Ultimate to join these sessions? I currently am using Premium

Nope! You don’t need Ultimate.

You can join as long as you've finished every lesson in the "Reading Comprehension - Science" lesson set.

• MarieChloeMarieChloe Member
    68 karma

yes !

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    edited May 2018 8392 karma

YES! This is awesome. And finally, something at a time that I can do after work on the west coast! Lol. All those 3pm or 4pm pacific times kill me. :) Thank you, JY!

• Nicole TanNicole Tan Alum Member
    15 karma

@suznannthomp, I'm also wondering if I should skip ahead in the curriculum to join in on these sessions. I'm currently at MBT and MBF Qs (pretty early on in the core curriculum). Is it worth me joining these sessions with no prior study? Should I skip ahead?

@"Nicole Tan" @suznannthomp

It's not a bad idea. But don't skip the Argument nor Grammar set of lessons. And you should do the RC lessons I mentioned above.

13940 karma

First session starting in 20 minutes!

edited May 2018 9372 karma

I think these sessions might be great opportunities for 7Sagers to learn J.Y.'s method of doing AB passages (dual/comparative passages).

Here is a list of AB passages and dates of sessions:

PT58 Passage 4: Sat, May 5
    PT59 Passage 1: Mon, May 7
    PT60 Passage 2: Fri, May 11
    PT61 Passage 3: Thu, May 17
    PT62 Passage 3: Mon, May 21
    PT63 Passage 4: Fri, May 25
    PT64 Passage 3: Tue, May 29
    PT65 Passage 3: Sat, Jun 2

• samirakhafasamirakhafa Alum Member
    64 karma

This has been extremely helpful! Thank you so much J.Y! I am looking forward to the next session!

• MaritzaaMaritzaa Alum Member
    368 karma

Can someone pass along the schedule link? I cannot open from my end.

9372 karma

@Mitzyyyy said:
    Can someone pass along the schedule link? I cannot open from my end.

Hi! OP has an image (there’s no “link”)
    https://i.imgur.com/YMFSCrd.png

Can you see this?

368 karma

@akistotle I can't see the image. :(

• Jane1990Jane1990 Alum Member
    edited May 2018 197 karma

@Mitzyyyy

This is the link: https:// i.imgur.com/YMFSCrd.png (Delete the space between https:// and i)

The next session is tomorrow (Saturday) at 9 p.m. EST for PT 58 Passages 3 and 4.

13940 karma

Thanks for helping out! I just made the "Schedule" a hyperlink so you can click on it in case you can't see the image.

15 karma

@"Nicole Tan" said:

@suznannthomp, I'm also wondering if I should skip ahead in the curriculum to join in on these sessions. I'm currently at MBT and MBF Qs (pretty early on in the core curriculum). Is it worth me joining these sessions with no prior study? Should I skip ahead?

@suznannthomp If anyone is in the same situation as me, I would highly recommend you go ahead and join a session. I skipped ahead in the syllabus, started "Intro to Reading Comprehension" this morning and got through as much as I could. I was feeling nervous about joining and not having enough foundational knowledge to follow the conversation, but am so glad I pushed ahead. JY did a great job of going through all the questions and passages in a really thorough, comprehensive way, so I didn't find myself lost (well, not for very long at least).

• Jane1990Jane1990 Alum Member
    197 karma

@"Nicole Tan" And you really nailed that summary today! This session is helping me so much too.

Here's the link to an aggregate RC timing sheet I made pulling data from 3 RC sections that I recorded. I've stripped the answers from the sheets and anonymized them.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

I've stripped the answers from the sheets and anonymized them

Damn 7sage doing the most for us ❤️❤️

• Do the right wayDo the right way Alum Member
    181 karma

I've stripped the answers from the sheets and anonymized them.>

Thanks J.Y. :smiley:

368 karma

Thanks @akistotle and @Jane1990! I can see it now. :smiley:

• 381 karma

Hey guys I recently skipped ahead in the CC because I really want to join these RC review sessions. I heard it was a good idea to at least complete the Science Section of the RC and I am like halfway through but not done yet. Do you think it's still a good idea if I join tonight? Like i said i want to take advantage of these sessions. Some insight would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

• thinkorswimthinkorswim Alum Member
    433 karma

@ColinTurner610 I think its a good idea. J.Y. provides invaluable insight as always and might help refine your way of thinking. The reason why you shouldn't come to too many of these is because you would be burning through valuable resources. IMO definitely come for the A / B comparative passage as J.Y's method might be hard to implement on your own by just watching pre-recorded videos. Hope to see you there !

15 karma

@ColinTurner610, I did the exact same thing and jumped in on a review session when I was halfway through the Science section. I think you should absolutely go ahead and join. I was able to follow the conversation, and found it really helpful to have an interactive session with JY. I also agree with @VanishingTaxAct about reviewing the A/B comparative passage approach that JY takes.

• Jennifer 2021-1-1Jennifer 2021-1-1 Core Member
    204 karma

JY made my day today!!!!. Thank you soooo much !!!!!

• rpadr007rpadr007 Member
    101 karma

Can't wait!

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

Hoping I can get in on this weekend. I'm not really a group person, but I'm willing to give it a go.