Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Waitlist. 2nd LOCI? desperately need advice

HereisSaraHereisSara Alum Member
in General 65 karma

Hello 7sagers,

I am currently waitlisted at my first choice law school. I visited the school in March and met with the assistant director of admission. She and I had a great conversation when I visited the school- I told her why I wanted to go to this law school and that I took the lsat a couple times to get a score that satisfied the school's requirement etc. She told me to keep in touch, and we've emailed each other maybe three times since.

I had already sent her my LOCI in April when I found out about being on the wait list, and she told me via email that the school will start reaching out to the wait list candidates in early May. I'm a little nervous I haven't heard anything yet.

Should I send her another LOCI sometime this week? I don't know if sending another LOCI would be too much? My lsat score meets the school's range, but my GPA is slightly lower (GPA- 3.3). I wanted to explain this situation to the school?

I worked as a TV reporter a week after graduating from college. I spent majority of my junior and my senior years of college working with various tv stations to work on my audition reels because I thought working as a TV journalist was the only thing I wanted to do. I also worked part time jobs to pay for books, etc in my junior year. So my focus in college was to obtain multiple, various internships instead of trying to make all A's in my classes (but now, I wish I had).

I'm wondering if I should send an additional short LOCI (one page) explaining my GPA? The assistant director told me in March when I visited that my LSAT score met the school's range but that my GPA was slightly low. So, I'm thinking my GPA is probably the big reason why I was put on the wait list, and that's why I wanted to see if it might be a good idea to send an additional LOCI sometime this week? Or, is this sending a second LOCI too much?

Thank you all for your time reading this. I'm getting anxious, and I wanted to seek your advice.

Comments

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    edited May 2018 3521 karma

YES. ABSOLUTELY SEND A SECOND LOCI!

I sent my second LOCI to Harvard Law during the week of their deposit deadline and was extended an interview offer that same week. These schools want to know you're still interested! Stay in communication with your top choice and be persistent - it will pay off!

(P.S. - I sent my first LOCI in late March after being waitlisted).

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

I vote for yes. One page.