Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long did it take you to fool proof the LG pack, tests 1-35?

booyboobooyboo Alum Member
in Logic Games 36 karma

I am just trying to get an idea, how many games should someone do a day?

Comments

• Victor WuVictor Wu Alum Member
    661 karma

I do 12 new games a week.
    Day 1: New section, last week’s section
    Day 2: yesterday’s section

I alternate day’s 1 and 2.

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

You can't decide how many games to do in a day because fool proofing requires you to repeat the same game till you have a complete mastery over it. It also requires you to watch JY videos and also look at comments below or ask questions for clarifications. So the time spend on each game can really vary. I would instead just set up a time that I would do fool proofing. For example 4-5 hours daily that you just spend on this.

I remember I think it took me about a month to fool proof games.

I hope this helps.

• tams2018tams2018 Member
    727 karma

This is a good question. I will follow this thread.

• NefertariNefertari Alum Member
    202 karma

Try doing as many as you can on a day to day basis. I started fool proofing not too long ago and the amount of games I can get done in a day range from 3~8, depending on how tough the games are for me. I've spent close to an hour on some of them, if you add up my 1st attempt, BR, watching JY's explanations, 2nd attempt, and BR. It's also a good idea to alternate between fool proofing and LR/RC drills. For example, FP for 5 days then LR/RC drills on the 6th day, then FP again, and repeat. Just to keep things balanced. Hope this helps! and good luck!!

• btate87btate87 Alum Member
    782 karma

It took me about a month and a half. I would aim to do a new LG section at least every other day, then review it the next. I kept a stack of games that needed more than the just the second day review on my desk and started my day doing 4+ of those, then the 4 games from yesterday's section, then the new section.

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

I've noticed that my time per game has gone down considerably as I continue to improve on LG. You can expect to be going through games farm more swiftly toward the end of the 35 than the beginning. Many games you will complete with 100% accuracy and under recommended time.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

It took me 42 days. I did exactly one new test section of games or 4 games a day. I then repeated it after watching the video that day and repeated until I was confident and well under the recommended time. I then foolproofed the same game a day later and a week later.

So on any day after the first week and before the last week I was doing a minimum of 16 games. I was doing the 4 new games for the day twice, the 4 games from the day before once, and the 4 games from the week before once. If I made mistakes or had trouble with time or confidence on any other than that first attempt (which I redid no matter what), I watched the appropriate video and added an extra take.

I thought this worked really well for me and the structure of knowing what day I would start and finish foolproofing each game(with at least 4 attempts per the Pacifico Attack Strategy) was invaluable to staying on top of things.

If I were to do it again, I would add one day of rest per week which would stretch it out more though.

So the schedule I would recommend would be as follows doing the games from that days new PT twice automatically that day(once before and once after watching the explanation video) and repeating any of the games as needed.

Day 1: PT 1, -------------, -------------
    Day 2: PT 2, PT 1, -------------
    Day 3: PT 3, PT 2, -------------
    Day 4: PT 4, PT 3, -------------
    Day 5: PT 5, PT 4, -------------
    Day 6: PT 6, PT 5, -------------
    Day 7: Rest
    Day 8: PT 7, PT 6, PT 1
    Day 9: PT 8, PT 7, PT 2
    Day 10: PT 9, PT 8, PT 3
    Day 11: PT 10, PT 9, PT 4
    Day 12: PT 11, PT 10, PT 5
    Day 13: PT 12, PT 11, PT 6
    Day 14: Rest
    Day 15: PT 13, PT 12, PT 7
    Day 40: PT 35, PT 34, PT 29
    Day 41: -------------, PT 35, PT 30
    Day 42: Rest
    Day 43: -------------, -------------, PT 31
    Day 44: -------------, -------------, PT 32
    Day 45: -------------, -------------, PT 33
    Day 46: -------------, -------------, PT 34
    Day 47: -------------, -------------, PT 35
    Day 48: Done foolproofing 1-35! Work on the other sections! Or rest! Or take prep tests and blind review!

• teamteamvicsterteamteamvicster Alum Member
    774 karma

@"Seeking Perfection" just to clarify, you would do a set of 4 games for a 35 minute section? And have a lap timer to see time on individual games? Would you recommend this over fool-proofing individual games? I'm moving into doing sections. I was doing well with individual games, but once I got to Pts, my section timing sucked. :-/

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    edited May 2018 4423 karma

@teamteamvicster said:
    @"Seeking Perfection" just to clarify, you would do a set of 4 games for a 35 minute section? And have a lap timer to see time on individual games? Would you recommend this over fool-proofing individual games? I'm moving into doing sections. I was doing well with individual games, but once I got to Pts, my section timing sucked. :-/

I did them both one game at a time,and like that with a lap on the timer. I think at first 35 minutes was unattainable for 4 games for me and it was best not to do them by section. Eventually though I think doing them as a section was great for timing.

• tams2018tams2018 Member
    727 karma

@"Seeking Perfection" your so humble but man do you give great advice on LSAT studies.

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

Around a month and a half. I did one new section twice (2nd time to review), then repeated the section I did the day before, and repeated the section I did a week before. 3 sections a day. ~2 hrs a day.

• lawgikallawgikal Core Member
    108 karma

I recently started doing this and find this thread very helpful. Thanks @booyboo!

How many times are you guys redoing a game that you have trouble with?

After I do a section, I do BR for the section. Doing this, I identify the games I had trouble with. Then, I watch the JY's video and try to really understand the game and the inferences in it. Then, I repeat the game until I feel I've mastered it well within the time recommended.