Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Success stories, what did you start at and what did you get on your actual LSAT?

JohnnyKarateJohnnyKarate Member
in General 157 karma

So I started at a 151 on the timed diagnostic LSAT, and I'm hoping to hit in the 163-167 range on the LSAT. I'm planning on taking both the July and September LSAT's (might as well right?) and I've been studying for over a month now. I feel more confident for sure -- I'm just finishing up LR and I'm missing on average about 3-5 questions per LR section now instead of starting off missing 11 questions on the diagnostic. Did anyone start like me, and what's your success story with 7Sage? Everytime I read a success story it gives me a huge confidence boost that I'm doing the right thing, and I'm sure there are a lot of other people who feel the same way. Post away! (If you want).

Comments

• PearsonSpecterLittUpPearsonSpecterLittUp Alum Member
    588 karma

My diagnostic was slightly lower than yours, and I self-studied using the PowerScore Bibles to get 166 on test day. My goal is 172~ so I just recently started using 7sage and loving it so far :)

Good luck- you can do it!

• JohnnyKarateJohnnyKarate Member
    157 karma

@PearsonSpecterLittUp How long did you study before your 166 LSAT?

588 karma

To be very honest, I studied kind off and on for a while because I was taking more than a full course load, so I would say that I was pretty good with games (got perfect on test day) by mid-May(I started studying in January and took time off from Feb - May) and then focused on LR and RC from May - August, where I did one PT per week and finished reading the bibles, so I was studying part time over the summer. But everyone is different and I am TERRIBLE at RC (more than half of the questions I got wrong on test day were RC)
    Sorry if that is not a very straughtforward answer hahaha

• JohnnyKarateJohnnyKarate Member
    edited May 2018 157 karma

@PearsonSpecterLittUp No! Your reply was insightful, thank you! I think I would be extremely satisfied to score a 166 (which is near my target score), so your response is for sure helpful.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

High 140’s to 176. You can do it!

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:

How many official takes? Just curious.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

@goingfor99th said:

@"Cant Get Right" said:

Four. The first two I was not ready at all. I was actually kinda hoping to get lucky, lol. I'm not sure I've ever officially admitted that before, but that's the truth. My third take was the first for which I was actually ready. I bombed LG and still pulled off a 170. On my fourth, I made sure that would no longer be a possibility!

• LouislepauvreLouislepauvre Alum Member
    750 karma

@PearsonSpecterLittUp said:
    My diagnostic was slightly lower than yours, and I self-studied using the PowerScore Bibles to get 166 on test day. My goal is 172~ so I just recently started using 7sage and loving it so far :)

Good luck- you can do it!

What was your experience with Powerscore Bibles, particularly in LR? I'm looking to boost LR and considering buying it. Do they teach anything that 7Sage doesn't?

• ConstitutedAuthorityConstitutedAuthority Free Trial Member
    36 karma

Quietly following. I love reading about people's experiences as well

• Tonyk215Tonyk215 Alum Member
    123 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:

Congrats!!! That's amazing. How long did you study?

• ExcludedMiddleExcludedMiddle Alum Member
    737 karma

My guess is that a lot of folks for whom 7Sage was a big boon to their performance have moved on from these sorts of discussion boards and wouldn't be here to see this and share their stories.

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:

@goingfor99th said:

@"Cant Get Right" said:

Four. The first two I was not ready at all. I was actually kinda hoping to get lucky, lol. I'm not sure I've ever officially admitted that before, but that's the truth. My third take was the first for which I was actually ready. I bombed LG and still pulled off a 170. On my fourth, I made sure that would no longer be a possibility!

Haha good stuff.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

@Tonyk215 said:

@"Cant Get Right" said:

Congrats!!! That's amazing. How long did you study?

His AMA will tell you the story ;)

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

I also recommend @tringo335’s thread:

Q&A With Sages LSATcantwin & Cant Get Right on how 2B successful while Working Full Time & Studying

https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/14787/q-a-with-sages-lsatcantwin-cant-get-right-on-how-2b-successful-while-working-full-time-studying

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Started with a Diagnostic of 151 and ended with an official LSAT score of 171.

I took the test 3 times. The first attempt was a 157, second was 163 and third was 171.

It took me about a year and a half of studying (give or take, there were some gaps here and there) to get my official score into the 170's

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@39845892535 said:
    My guess is that a lot of folks for whom 7Sage was a big boon to their performance have moved on from these sorts of discussion boards and wouldn't be here to see this and share their stories.

A lot of people that might be true for! However, 7Sage has an AMAZING community around it. You'd be surprised the amount of people who stick around even after their success with the test :) We had people help us when we were studying and now we are here to help the next batch of people!

• lcf02139lcf02139 Alum Member
    18 karma

For those planning on applying for Fall 2019, why take the September LSAT vs the November test?
    It seems that waiting until November provides two additional months of study, yet still early enough to take advantage of early applications. (increased possibility for higher scholarships etc.)

• Nabintou-1Nabintou-1 Alum Member
    410 karma

@lcf02139 said:
    For those planning on applying for Fall 2019, why take the September LSAT vs the November test?
    It seems that waiting until November provides two additional months of study, yet still early enough to take advantage of early applications. (increased possibility for higher scholarships etc.)

^ also interested in knowing people's thoughts on this, currently trying to decide which to write. I'm thinking Nov. LSAT scores would be out by second of week of Dec. max.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I started at 155 diagnostic and have an official 168. Only 1 official test, though I’m now back to studying and planning on retaking in June and possibly again in September.

Also for Sept v Nov, both would certainly be ok. But if you are ready and scoring in your goal range in September, I would highly recommend that one. November would still be ok, but being able to apply in October is better than December. If you want to apply early decision, those deadlines are typically earlier. Sometimes separate scholarship applications are due aearlier as well (like UCLA’s full tuition scholarships are due Dec 1, I believe). And as always, the earlier the better. Plus, if you still have any essay writing to do, it would be much better to have more time available for that instead of still LSAT studying into November.

And importantly, taking in Sept means you can have Nov as a backup/retake. If you don’t sit until November and something goes wrong, the later tests will be a significant disadvantage.

All that said, November is certainly an ok time to take it. But there are definite advantages to taking in September and if you think you will be ready by then, I think you should go for it.

588 karma

@Louislepauvre said:
    What was your experience with Powerscore Bibles, particularly in LR? I'm looking to boost LR and considering buying it. Do they teach anything that 7Sage doesn't?

To be very honest, right now I'm pretty early on still on the CC, so I don't know if there is much overlap YET!
    However, I thought 7sage thus far has definitely explained main point Qs much better.

the LR Bible was relatively useful, I got -3 on each LR on test day! But its too early for me to compare to 7sage just yet. Have you considered buying the LSAT trainer? I have not tried it but have several 7sage - user friends who have and recommended it :)

Sorry if that's not very helpful