Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How did you go about tackling the LR drill pack, since it is organized by type

booyboobooyboo Alum Member

I just upgraded to Ultimate plus, looking for advice.

Comments

• ATLsat_2019ATLsat_2019 Member
    455 karma

I just finished the CC and my current plan is to take a couple of PTs, that way I can see where I'm at and then go back and use the drills to target specific areas of weakness. This is just based on my timeline and what I think will be best for me right now since I want to see if there are specific question types I'm missing and practice based on that.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

I actually did a couple of LR sections untimed - so it's not hours or the amount of time you spend on BR but more than 35 mins. I did use skipping strategies to make sure that I still laid my eyes on 25 questions in 25 minutes. And then I BR-ed those sections and watched the explanations. Once you do a few of these you'll be able to notice patterns like what q-type you need to get faster at or expose to more difficult type questions. That's when the drilling comes in handy because it's preorgsnized by type and difficulty.

I did this because I'd done about 1/3 to half the problem sets for each q-type and I think one of the most disjaring things about LR is just having a mix of questions thrown at you when you're so used to doing a bunch of one type. You also have to get used to the fluctuating difficulty of the section.

If you do do this, I suggest starting at, or after, PT17 because that's where the video explanations begin.

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    edited May 2018 3072 karma

Do all of them untimed. Work through all lower difficulty questions (difficulty 1/2/3) across all question types first, and then do all higher difficulty questions (3+) across all question types. Take your time to work through them and focus primarily on understanding, but still try to get through ~50 LR stimuli a day in the beginning. Towards the end you will want to be able to get through ~150 a day with relative ease.

Work through the question types in order of decreasing frequency that each individual type appears on the exam. In the beginning you should stick with each question type for a couple days or however long it takes you to complete the lower difficulty questions of that type, whichever comes first. Towards the end you will probably want to jump around more but don't do too many more than three different question types a day.

When your understanding of the test improves, make sure you pay attention to the process you use to work through LR as you drill. You want to have this process as organized, as efficient, and as reflexive as possible on test day.