Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am new...

I am new on here. I do not know where to start and how to study effectively. I want to do well on the lsat, because I did not do well on the first test that I took last year. So, I would need all the encouragement, as possible.

I go by Bernie :)

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Hey Bernie!

So, the core curriculum is the place to start, even if you already have done it before. You should try and follow or lesson by lesson, even if you feel you you understand what it is trying to teach. Each lesson will stack a concept in that will help build you a rock solid foundation of the LSAT. Then from there it comes down to practice, practice, practice. Take times PT’s and blind review them. Then find where your weaknesses are and go back to the CC and review those types of questions/concepts. Then repeat this whole process. It will take time, it will be frustrating, you will go long gaps of time where you feel you are not improving. Eventually it will all click though and you will start seeing an increase in your speed AND your score.

Have faith in the system and stay persistent!

• MicolashMicolash Member
    218 karma

Welcome to the 7Sage community! I'm also fairly new! Good luck on the LSAT, I know we're all going to do our very best. :D

• 609 karma

Welcome to...

• bernardita.agyekumbernardita.agyekum Core Member
    64 karma

I appreciate the responds, I will definitely do my best. Thank you, ?

• helenamc80helenamc80 Free Trial Member
    12 karma

I am too newbie and I am just overwhelmed with all the options to study and prep. I've heard that the classes are not worth the cost. Any online videos you found helpful: do I start with taking a diagnostic test first or learning the different types of questions.

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    edited June 2018 2531 karma

@helenamc80 said:
    I am too newbie and I am just overwhelmed with all the options to study and prep. I've heard that the classes are not worth the cost. Any online videos you found helpful: do I start with taking a diagnostic test first or learning the different types of questions.

Taking a diagnostic is useful because it can give you a solid sense of how far you need to go. I think it's also a good bit of motivation after a few months so that you can look back and see how far you came. I took a diagnostic with absolutely no knowledge of this test, now I can look back and see how far I've come and it is a good feeling.

Also, I strongly recommend 7sage - it's the best out there.

• paulmv.benthempaulmv.benthem Alum Member
    1032 karma

Welcome here, Bernie! :smiley:

• FlashLSATFlashLSAT Alum Member
    293 karma

welcome good luck to you as you go through the core curriculum!