Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What music ya'll listen to

2»

Comments

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

@AngusMcGillis said:
    Seems like everyone studying for the LSAT likes classic rock lol.

Posty, ayyy.

Blame our parents. lol

• wwwtttttwwwttttt Member
    edited May 2018 172 karma

It was interesting seeing what everyone likes to listen to! I never post on here but I had to contribute to this forum lol

I'm always listening to R&B (especially 90's R&B) :D My favorite artists are Jon B., Tamia, Kehlani, SZA, Groove Theory, Ella Mai, and Princess Nokia (I really like her new mixtape). Also like Z-Ro, E.S.G.,and D.J. Screw. When I'm studying, I listen to Spanish music (Natalia Lafourcade, Julieta Venegas, and Mercedes Sosa are some of my favorite artists). Other bands/artists I like; Alice in Chains, Gorillaz, Aretha Frankin, Nina Simone :) I can't ever narrow down my music taste and I really like listening to a little bit of everything. I can relate to Leah on that

• thisisspartathisissparta Alum Member
    edited May 2018 1363 karma

@"Leah M B" said:

@thisissparta said:

@"Leah M B" said:
    Wow, what an interesting mix on here! It's cliche, but I really do listen to a little of everything. Granted, a lot more podcasts than music these days. But, I'm a sucker for anything 90s dance/pop, alternative, indie pop, straight up top 40 pop, Broadway soundtracks and some artier things. Lately have been listening to a lot of Sigur Ros in the background while I study. Kinda perfect background music like that, but also you guys got me inspired to rotate in some soundtracks too.

The assorted list of what gets played the most in my spotify: Carly Rae Jepsen, Sigur Ros, Tegan and Sara, Chvrches, Jimmy Eat World, John Mayer, Matt and Kim, Death Cab for Cutie, Hamilton soundtrack, Dear Evan Hansen soundtrack, Justin Timberlake, Ed Sheeran, Copeland, Bon Iver, and an assortment of standup comedy albums (but that's not music, I know haha).

I love Sigur Ros as well! I've been listening to them a lot lately. Incredibly ethereal sounding music -- it has quite the calming effect. Hoppipolla and Sæglópur are my favorites.

Would you (or anyone else) happen to know of similar-ish post-rock/indie pop bands/artists? I haven't had much success in looking for bands that play music of the same genre...

Hmm... I don't know a lot in that genre, and I think Sigur Ros are in a class of their own. <3 But maybe check out Explosions in the Sky? I also think Bon Iver and Volcano Choir fit into that genre for me too, more or less. English lyrics, but nearly as difficult to understand as Icelandic haha.

Awesome! Thank you so much for the suggestions! I really loved Explosions in the Sky. It's exactly the kind of music I needed right now.

Sigur Ros' music is definitely a notch above most. Have you heard of the band Sleeping at Last? Sometimes their music (low-key) reminds me of Sigur Ros; especially songs like Saturn and Light.

• juanmapmjuanmapm Alum Member
    edited May 2018 379 karma

Check out The War on Drugs - they are both a fantastic band and proudly rep from Philly.

• EmmetropicEmmetropic Free Trial Member
    edited May 2018 164 karma

I recommend "Logic Games Explanations" by 7Sage. You can put it on 2x and pretend he's rapping

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

@Emmetropic said:
    I recommend "Logic Games Explanations" by 7Sage. You can put it on 2x and pretend he's rapping

http://imgur.com/aFTLyI5

• sakox010sakox010 Member
    333 karma

Montana of 300 and NBA Youngboy lately.

• EmmetropicEmmetropic Free Trial Member
    164 karma

@akistotle said:

@Emmetropic said:

http://imgur.com/aFTLyI5

Still better than Jake Paul

• IgnatiusIgnatius Alum Member
    382 karma

For when the LSAT makes me angry, Power Trip.
    For when the LSAT makes me nostalgic for my middle school salad days, ATDI.
    For when the LSAT makes me proud of my roots, Ramon Ayala y Sus Bravos del Norte and, of course, Selena.
    For when the LSAT makes me feel like I grew up in South Park, Houston, DJ Screw & lil flip.
    For when the LSAT makes me sad, Elliott Smith.
    For when the LSAT makes me me feel like a middle aged black woman, Luther Vandrose and Chaka Khan.

These are just a few artists I genuinely enjoy listening to. I also have a soft spot for 60's Italian film music.

• cvaldez74cvaldez74 Member
    130 karma

@JenBrooklyn said:
    LSAT SONG ---- Barns Courtney - Champion

I just discovered Barns Courtney after watching the new show on Netflix, Safe. LOVE his sound!

I'm a huge fan of 90s rock and grunge, classic rock (60s-80s), and 80s pop/top 40. Sometimes I throw in some singers and standards (Sinatra, Etta James, et al), jazz, blues, and current top 40 (courtesy of my 10 yr old).

Favorite bands are Metallica (we have a "don't change the station" rule when any Metallica song is playing in my car), Bush, Alice in Chains, Fleetwood Mac, Cake, Rusted Root, Harry Connick, Jr....

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited May 2018 3652 karma

90s R&B and rap, dancehall, house mixes of R&B and soul, trap, hip hop, rap. some spanish pop music and reggaeton mixed in.

• NovLSAT2019NovLSAT2019 Alum Member
    edited May 2018 620 karma

27:25 and on

• NovLSAT2019NovLSAT2019 Alum Member
    edited May 2018 620 karma

or if you want to hear something inspired by anger, frustration, fear, and anxiety----seems more appropriate for our journey----here's something by a guy who was constantly harassed, censored, and threatened by the Soviet regime for most of his life.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

BTS

• Heart Shaped BoxHeart Shaped Box Alum Member
    2426 karma

Nirvana all the way!! And most importantly "Heart Shaped Box"! :)

• ProfLaytonProfLayton Member
    110 karma

almost everything. For LSAT motivation? CARTI ONLY WLR GANG LFGGGGGGG

• AComplete180AComplete180 Alum Member
    edited October 2022 30 karma

@ProfLayton had to scroll too far to finally see this. Yeat, thug, carti and Sosa are carrying me to a 180 edit: and ofc Future

• kimjennieee010kimjennieee010 Free Trial Member
    edited December 2023 3 karma

It will be an epic fantasy music like in World of Warcraft, it is so atmospheric and calming.
    You may play World of Warcraft, which is entertaining and engrossing, and use Amirdrassil: The Dream's Hope
    to gain a short loot run that will assist players in defeating all nine monsters in the Amyrdraxil raid on any difficulty level.

• spittingnickelsspittingnickels Live Member
    110 karma

Teletubbies soundtrack