Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to start over?

Rigid DesignatorRigid Designator Alum Member
in General 1091 karma

Hey everyone,

Can anyone offer insights on how to start prepping again after a somewhat long break? I sat in February and scored a couple of points below my average, but without a score breakdown I don't know where I went wrong. I haven't touched the test since then and now feel a bit lost as to how to start again. My hope is to sit again in October. My February score was only 4 points off my goal.

Has anyone had a similar experience? How did you approach things? What worked for you?

Comments

• 193 karma

I took a break after December test, after doing much worse then my average score. I came back, and started doing rigid timed prep test one day. The next day I would do my Blind Review. The 3rd day I go through the ones I missed, and see where I went wrong. My RC score, which has always been my worse section, has now come down considerably. If I find myself having again a particular common set of LR questions I'm dealing with, I print out some of the problems per type and go through each one methodically looking at each of the wrong answers. I ID the conclusion, premises, flaw, assumptions, and then give reasons for or against each answer. LG has always been my strongest, so I will usually just keep my time on each one, and ones that I have issues with, I'll redo until I have the inferences down pat. There wasn't any reason for me to do the entire course again. Thankfully, some of the tests, I don't remember the questions since it's been awhile, so that helps, but even for the ones I do remember, I make sure to id the reasons why this is the correct answer vs the others. I now am focusing on my weaknesses, and my timing, rather then just learning the material.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

@catgonzalez1974 is basically doing what I would recommend.

However if you aren't where @catgonzalez1974 is in logic games I would recommend foolproofing.

I scored 1 point below my goal last February which inspired me to foolproof logic games and PT a bunch with blind review which led to me scoring 7 points above my initial goal last September. So there is a chance this could be a blessing.