Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Disabilities

lizpillizpil Member
in General 282 karma

Hi everyone,

Has anyone had any experience with accommodations? I have a hand injury that makes it tough to write right now. It's on the mend, but I'm not sure what it will be like when I plan on the Sept 2018. I'd like to see if anyone has had to take accommodations out and what their experience was like.

Rock on!

Comments

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    edited May 2018 3521 karma

[deleted] - I thought you meant accommodations while in law school, but I think you mean during the LSAT haha.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

I've read a lot about them but haven't applied for them yet. You have a good shot at getting intermittent "stop the clock" breaks with a doctor's note. I'm not sure what else you would qualify for that would be helpful.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

Oh, and if typing is easier, you can get an accommodation to type the essay.

• lizpillizpil Member
    282 karma

Neither is easier, really. I might be okay during the logic games, but the essay might be a push.

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

@lizpil The good thing is that the essay doesn't count towards your score :smile:! Though you don't want to leave it blank/doodle (some law schools actually look at this...like Yale)

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

It might not hurt to give LSAC a call and discuss with them what the options might be and when you would need to apply for them, in case you think your hand might heal up before the test.

• lizpillizpil Member
    282 karma

@"Paul Caint" I was hoping I can emoticon my essay. :)