PT10.S1.Q18 - People cannot be morally responsible for

wkim2015wkim2015 Member
edited May 2018 in Logical Reasoning 86 karma

can someone please explain to me how the answer for this question is (e) and not (b)? I've been pondering about it for minutes and I still can't understand how that is. (e) says no adult should be responsible for every action he/she performs but premise says "sometimes." Please help. Thank you.

Admin note: edited title

Comments

• thisisspartathisissparta Alum Member
    edited May 2018 1363 karma

Hey there! The problem in (b) lies in the word "commonly performed actions". There's no mention of "commonly performed actions" anywhere in the stimulus.

Let me try and breakdown the premise:

The stimulus says: everyone sometimes acts in ways which are a result of how they were treated as an infant/child.

What does this mean? Of all the actions that adults commit, there are some actions that every adult performs which are a result of how they were treated as a child.

Now, what does (E) say?

No adult should be held morally responsible for every action. In other words, every action isn't in our control - there are some actions, as the stimulus indicated, which are a result of how we were treated as kids. Therefore, we should not be held morally responsible for every single action that we commit.

• wkim2015wkim2015 Member
    86 karma

wow.. that cleared it up! thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it :)

• thisisspartathisissparta Alum Member
    1363 karma

@wkim2015 said:
    wow.. that cleared it up! thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it :)

Happy to have helped! Glad that you got it!