Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anyone happen to have a list of those grouping games where one has to be the “leader”

_oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
in Logic Games 3652 karma

I think I’ve only done maybe 5 of these ever and I just did a PT (I think PT60) where the first game was like 6 game pieces, at least 2 in both cars, one “driver” in each car. I froze tf up and skipped it and still couldn’t manage to figure it out when I had 6 min left to go back over it. I know it wasn’t that hard I just lost all strategy in the moment.

Anyways, is there a particular name of these grouping game types or does anyone recall any like this?
Grouping/sequencing hybrids I’m fine with but I’m not super experienced with those grouping games where it’s just straight grouping and then the twist is that one is the president.

Comments

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    edited May 2018 1804 karma

I don't have a list, but PT 78's first set involves a "leader" game. I remember actually taking it on the actual test date and thinking, "Awww yeah, I got this!" And there was that one game involving a chairman and a scientist named Hsu (PT 26, last set).

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

@FixedDice said:
    I don't have a list, but PT 78's first set involves a "leader" game. I remember actually taking it on the actual test date and thinking, "Awww yeah, I got this!" And there was that one game involving a chairman and a scientist named Hsu (PT 26, last set).

Shh don’t spoil the 70s for me lol. I remember that chairman one. I’ll skim thru the first 20ish and search for them. I just FP’d around 30-50 and I don’t recall many leader grouping games in there.

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    1804 karma

@"surfy surf" said:
    Shh don’t spoil the 70s for me lol. I remember that chairman one. I’ll skim thru the first 20ish and search for them. I just FP’d around 30-50 and I don’t recall many leader grouping games in there.

My bad, I thought you were preparing for the June one and so would have went over PT 78 a while ago. Sorry about that.

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

There's a game somewhere that I'll try to find again about committees and chairs. It's an early game. I don't know the PT number but I'll look for it and get back to you.

3652 karma

@FixedDice said:

@"surfy surf" said:

My bad, I thought you were preparing for the June one and so would have went over PT 78 a while ago. Sorry about that.

Lol I was joking!! I mean I haven’t done 78 but knowing the game type of one game isn’t gonna have any effect. I’m likely taking July.

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Here it is: PT 11 Section 1 Game 3. :)

• TexAgAaronTexAgAaron Alum Member
    1723 karma

One thing I did early on with conditional chain games that helped me a bit was to create my own logical chain. I just used random letters and would create different chains.

The point of the exercise for me was just getting use to seeing a chain and what was possible with that particular chain. I would play around with it and make complicated ones to challenge myself. It was free exposure and helps you solidify some foundational skills without using up some games.

You can even use general questions from games you have done and make up your own parallel questions for the made up chain.

Hope this helps!

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

PT 26, G4 is another one.

• Grey WardenGrey Warden Alum Member
    813 karma

there was one where there was a president and some managers and technicians, pt 14 i think.

3652 karma

thanks ya'll! I just BR'd that PT and realized I just misread and assumed that each piece didnt need to be in either group so I turned it into a 3 group game and that made a really easy game impossible to solve. so i'm not really worried about this game type anymore