Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⭐️ Official June 2018 LSAT Discussion Thread ⭐️

Comments

• lchaney22lchaney22 Member
    18 karma

I had LR, RC, LR, LR, LG respectively. Anyone else have this setup and know which LR section was the experimental?

• Nedra C.Nedra C. Alum Member
    57 karma

I felt so lucky with my sections! I had two RC, two LR, and only one LG :smiley:

• Nedra C.Nedra C. Alum Member
    57 karma

@ataraska said:
    Was the logic games section with the months and something about W X Y Z, the experimental or the real one? It was the last question of the LG.

That one was real! I only had one LG section, and this was in it!

• mirelisg14mirelisg14 Alum Member
    15 karma

First time poster, long time lurker!

While most of the test felt about average (I would say LG was totally doable, and neither LR section was exceptionally difficult), the real RC section felt tough! Though there doesn't seem to be consensus about this lol. The raw meat passage was especially challenging, and - as I remember it - a lot of the questions were heavily inference-based.

Good luck everyone! I'm taking solace in the fact that there are a couple of other opportunities to retake and still apply early!

• ChaimtheGreatChaimtheGreat Alum Member 🍌🍌
    1277 karma

@lchaney22 said:
    I had LR, RC, LR, LR, LG respectively. Anyone else have this setup and know which LR section was the experimental?

Had that too, first section was expiremental. A shame too I thought it was the easiest of the LR.

• Habeas PorpoiseHabeas Porpoise Alum Member Sage
    edited June 2018 1866 karma

@camelia0102 said:
    I had 2 LG sections, so one experimental. I don't think I got to the bonds question. was the section with the 2 sets of twins experimental? or did everyone have it? I finished almost all the questions on the one without the twins which is rare for me in LG, but only managed to get through 13 in the set with the twins....

The LG with twins seems to be experimental.
    If your test was setup like RC LR LG LG LR, the second LG was experimental.
    The real LG section with the bonds was:
    - something about flowers,
    - something about architects,
    - nominations for mayor/treasurer/councilors, and
    - corporations (like RST, Samson-something) giving (selling?) 5 and 10-year bonds

@ATLsat_2019 said:

@"Habeas Porpoise" said: but I was really happy that the real exam didn’t feel different from a PT, which is what I was hoping for!

yeah! I anticipated being really nervous but it felt just like any other PT and I felt pretty confident throughout

Yeah, same! Having gotten really into a groove with testing, I was definitely super calm going in and during the PT (lots of meditating, too, lol). Since it was an afternoon test, I also had time to do everything I normally do in the morning, which really helped ease my nerves. And since I took most of my PTs in a coffee shop, distractions weren't much of an issue with the real thing (there was a pressure window-washing thing at my center, but the proctors were super quick in going out to ask them to stop).
    Glad you felt confident on the test! I'm more nervous about receiving my score than I was taking the actual test! :smile:

• Cards fanCards fan Alum Member
    12 karma

I've read that LSAT numbers are way up, like 38,000 test takers this summer vs 30,000 last year (or something like that). How do you think that impacts the curve? I think it lowers it, all else being equal. So a -10 curve might be -12 with 20% more testtakers. My logic is that as the pool of test takers expands, lower quality or lesser prepared people are drawn in, so the average raw score is pulled down. So maybe this June 2018 curve will be better than, say, June 2017, even at the same level of difficulty. Any thoughts?

• mnabef14mnabef14 Member
    4 karma

@LindsMitch I HAD THE SAME TEST. FELT LIKE THE LG WERE HARDER,,,

• alexandra.marlenealexandra.marlene Alum Member
    edited June 2018 102 karma

@"Habeas Porpoise"
    (there was a pressure window-washing thing at my center, but the proctors were super quick in going out to ask them to stop).

We're you testing at Willamette U?? If not, that's two testing centers that had power washing situations ??

• BomhillzBomhillz Alum Member
    66 karma

I came out of the test thinking the first LR was my worst section (LR RC LR LR LG) and after reading through this and the reddit post it seems that was my experimental section...

Honesty I felt that this RC was easier than normal and the A/B passage (that normally confounds me) wasn't so bad. Passage A was just two short paragraphs and I was able to eliminate a fair amount using it so confidence was high. Hopefully it was justified! As far as LG the games seemed pretty straight forward and the 5yr/10yr bond game, was just an in/out game so nothing unexpected.

I actually ended up having fun during the essay arguing for the artsy/restaurant district. I called the Conton supports shortsighted :smile: haha No offense to anyone that choose that side

• edited June 2018 224 karma

I just feel it is important to point out that I ended my writing portion by stating, "It's Miller time." Canton Space 4 lyf bebe

• 32 karma

@onecallthatsall said:
    I just feel it is important to point out that I ended my writing portion by stating, "It's Miller time." Canon Center 4 lyf bebe

LOL that's great!

• 439 karma

I don't know, the Canton space seemed the obvious choice to me

1277 karma

@prluhmann said:
    I've read that LSAT numbers are way up, like 38,000 test takers this summer vs 30,000 last year (or something like that). How do you think that impacts the curve? I think it lowers it, all else being equal. So a -10 curve might be -12 with 20% more testtakers. My logic is that as the pool of test takers expands, lower quality or lesser prepared people are drawn in, so the average raw score is pulled down. So maybe this June 2018 curve will be better than, say, June 2017, even at the same level of difficulty. Any thoughts?

I am not an expert on this but I am pretty sure the curve is set before hand. I don’t think the test takers effect curves accept how u did on the expiremental (for a future LSAT). Also definitely went Canton lol.

@"alexandra.marlene" said:

@"Habeas Porpoise"
    (there was a pressure window-washing thing at my center, but the proctors were super quick in going out to ask them to stop).

We're you testing at Willamette U?? If not, that's two testing centers that had power washing situations ??

:open_mouth: I was at Willamette! Small world, lol!

@ChaimtheGreat said:

@prluhmann said:

I am not an expert on this but I am pretty sure the curve is set before hand. I don’t think the test takers effect curves accept how u did on the expiremental (for a future LSAT). Also definitely went Canton lol.

Yep, I believe the curve is set beforehand. And I also went for Canton :smile:

• eRetakereRetaker Free Trial Member
    2038 karma

Curve is set beforehand just like how the experimental sections we took yesterday set the curve for some future test takers. The LSAC does on occasion adjusts the curve AFTER the test if they found that one question had significantly more low scorers answering it correctly than high scorers compared to the experimental test takers, which are the questions you see that say "Item has been removed from exam" on some of your PTs. This is why some years a 172 is the 98th percentile, for instance, and other years it's the 99th percentile.

• Simple ManSimple Man Alum Member
    448 karma

A word to the wise - never eat Chipotle before a big test. Everything was going great for me until section 4, when Chipotle had its revenge. Stomach cramps and gas. I feel bad too because my stomach was making God awful whale noises, which I'm sure distracted others. Other than that the test was smooth! I can't wait for the scores to come out, and I can't wait to retake it in July as well!

• Tonyk215Tonyk215 Alum Member
    123 karma

So if I take the lsat on a later date there is a chance that I will be seeing questions that I have already completed as a past experimental section?

• Medusa123Medusa123 Alum Member
    11 karma

For anybody that had LR RC LR LR LG - did your first LR section have like three points of disagreement questions? Or if anybody did NOT have an LR experimental, do you remember if this was the case for any of the real LR questions?

• edited June 2018 439 karma

@jp.mm31 Yeah I remember being surprised at the amount of PoD and NA questions

• jpetersyvrjpetersyvr Alum Member
    41 karma

@prluhmann said:

I've heard the curve is set prior to the administration of the exam, so regardless of the quality or quantity of test takers for any given iteration of the exam, the curve should remain unchanged. From what I've heard, the experimental sections are used to determine the curve for future exams - can anyone confirm this?

edited June 2018 11 karma

@"gerth.brooks" said:
    @jp.mm31 Yeah I remember being surprised at the amount of PoD and NA questions

Do you remember what any of the questions were in that first LR section that had all of the Points of Disagreement questions? Trying to figure out if it was experimental or not

• edited June 2018 439 karma

@jp.mm31 I think it was unfortunately. This was posted earlier, should help you.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LSAT/comments/8qde22/official_june_lsat_discussion_thread/

11 karma

@"gerth.brooks" said:
    @jp.mm31 I think it was unfortunately. This was posted earlier, should help you.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LSAT/comments/8qde22/official_june_lsat_discussion_thread/

Thank you!

1277 karma

@jpetersyvr said:

@prluhmann said:

I've heard the curve is set prior to the administration of the exam, so regardless of the quality or quantity of test takers for any given iteration of the exam, the curve should remain unchanged. From what I've heard, the experimental sections are used to determine the curve for future exams - can anyone confirm this?

Yes this is my understanding too. Is it June 29th yet?

• 439 karma
  • polticallyobjectivedonaldpolticallyobjectivedonald Free Trial Member
    8 karma

Does anyone recall beginning question of the two real LR - I had 3 so I'm unaware

• KaterynaKateryna Alum Member
    984 karma

Is it gray yet?

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma

Shub from the study group: if you're out there (I don't know your screen name) I hope you did well!

• hey.shubhey.shub Free Trial Member
    40 karma

@BinghamtonDave said:
    Shub from the study group: if you're out there (I don't know your screen name) I hope you did well!

Appreciate it Dave. Went pretty well! Now for the waiting game.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

I feel okay. Not great, but okay. Which makes me worry, because now I think maybe I did horrible. LOL. I kept a positive mantra in my head in the days leading up to and during the test. We'll see I guess.
    I do love how positive everyone was towards one another, and encouraging we all were. It was like we were all in it together and not competing. Made for a good experience.

2689 karma

Btw.. We immediately left on vacation after the test, so I spent a week trying to drown my anxiety in fun, food and drinks. Otherwise, I would have been here fraking out right along with ya'll. It actually worked really well! LOL. I highly suggest it. Leave the pc at home, tho.

@AudaciousRed said:
    I feel okay. Not great, but okay. Which makes me worry, because now I think maybe I did horrible. LOL. I kept a positive mantra in my head in the days leading up to and during the test. We'll see I guess.

Same here! I'd left the test feeling like I did fine and now I don't feel like I did too well (but that's probably because of all the stuff on Reddit got to me, lol). But yeah, I tried to keep a positive mindset through the test, and there's really no point dwelling on all of that now.

@AudaciousRed said:
    Btw.. We immediately left on vacation after the test, so I spent a week trying to drown my anxiety in fun, food and drinks. Otherwise, I would have been here fraking out right along with ya'll. It actually worked really well! LOL. I highly suggest it. Leave the pc at home, tho.

I'm actually headed out on vacation soon. Hopefully it'll have the same effect!

• lmr0322-1lmr0322-1 Free Trial Member
    15 karma

How early are we expecting these scores to come out? I feel like anything past the cancelation date is fair game.

• sx23sx23 Alum Member
    409 karma

@"lmr0322-1" said:
    How early are we expecting these scores to come out? I feel like anything past the cancelation date is fair game.

Yo I hope it's tomorrow haha

2689 karma

Supposed to be the 29th. I want to know so I can lament on having to study again for this stupid test. LOL

• 224 karma

Is there any realistic chance they could come out before June 29th?? Any at all??

1277 karma

My impatience is less about the specific score itself and more about knowing whether I need to continue studying for July.

• ebalde1234ebalde1234 Member
    905 karma

@"LSAT Warrior Princess" said:

@"Creative Username" said:
    @LSAT Warrior Princess, I'm rooting for you and hope you'll be able to retake!! That sounds awful.

Thank you so much! It was a nightmare to say the least. You always hear horrible stories about testing centers and think that will never happen to me! And everything happened yesterday haha. When I came home I had a breakdown but now I’m just mad. I hope they will let me retake!!

Wow ... I used to proctor but not for the lsat they were very strict about what we can and can’t do . Very unprofessional. Wish you all the best

• 702 karma

@ebalde1234 said:

@"LSAT Warrior Princess" said:

@"Creative Username" said:
    @LSAT Warrior Princess, I'm rooting for you and hope you'll be able to retake!! That sounds awful.

Thank you so much! It was a nightmare to say the least. You always hear horrible stories about testing centers and think that will never happen to me! And everything happened yesterday haha. When I came home I had a breakdown but now I’m just mad. I hope they will let me retake!!

Wow ... I used to proctor but not for the lsat they were very strict about what we can and can’t do . Very unprofessional. Wish you all the best

Thank you so much! I emailed LSAC last Monday after I got home and still have not heard anything back from them. Even though I know it takes up to a couple weeks. It feels like 6 months down the drain... I was really planning on starting law school this fall too which is a huge letdown. I'm planning on taking the lsat regardless in July, but still... thank you so much for your kind words! It really means a lot!!! :)

2689 karma

I had to go back and see that post. Wow, LSAT Warrior Princess... that is wild. I studied in situations like that just in case, but when it came to my testing, it was tomb-like quiet. The quietest I have ever seen 100+ people before. I kind of wonder if that gave me a boost, because my prep testings always occurred around tvs, barking dogs, loud conversations, etc.
    Your situation was handled totally unprofessionally. I hope they give you a free pass to retest.

2689 karma

• edited June 2018 702 karma

@AudaciousRed said:
    I had to go back and see that post. Wow, LSAT Warrior Princess... that is wild. I studied in situations like that just in case, but when it came to my testing, it was tomb-like quiet. The quietest I have ever seen 100+ people before. I kind of wonder if that gave me a boost, because my prep testings always occurred around tvs, barking dogs, loud conversations, etc.
    Your situation was handled totally unprofessionally. I hope they give you a free pass to retest.

Thank you so much! I actually got a response from lsac this morning and they said they would let me take a free retake so that’s awesome! They also said that they will retrain the proctors. I hope that this situation does not happen to anyone else. I guess it’s time to cancel my score and move on. Let this be a lesson to everyone going forward- do not take the lsat at a hotel haha.

Thank you everyone for your positive comments it really means a lot to me! Thank you thank you!! Good luck to everyone else I’m sure you all did really well!!!

• 12345678-212345678-2 Free Trial Member
    33 karma

Hi!

For those of you who took the LSAT today in Asia, I'm trying to figure out which one of the two reading sections I got is the dummy.

-one section had the following three passages (not in any particular order): the use of voice identification as evidence, dual passage: Whig historical approach (comparing past and present), convection & plate movement
    -the only passage I remember from the other reading section is the super difficult dual passage about microfinancing/credit.

Which one of the reading sections is the dummy?

Thanks!

• lmccullmlmccullm Alum Member
    54 karma

@12345678-2 microfinance and particle physics were real! I was just going to post asking about games (I got 2 LG). Do you remember what was in the real games?

• moonrider919moonrider919 Alum Member
    edited June 2018 247 karma

edited June 2018 54 karma

@moonrider919 I also had north/south! I'm getting games a bit scrambled though.

Admin note: deleted. Please read OP

• moonrider919moonrider919 Alum Member
    edited June 2018 247 karma

@lmccullm

Admin note: deleted. Please read OP

The other section I got was S/T task over 4 days spread which I'm praying is the experimental

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

@studentservice said:
    Hey guys!

Here's the official June 2018 LSAT Discussion Thread. Please keep all discussions of the June 2018 LSAT here!

We know that everyone will be excited to discuss what was on the June 2018 LSAT, but here are some ground rules:

:warning: Don't mention specifics about the test! (e.g., "I got B for question 6" or "the 3rd LG was sequencing")
    It can get both us and you in a lot of trouble!

:warning: Saying that the test was hard/easy is okay, but anything more specific is not okay!

:warning: The only exception: you can say which sections were real or experimental. For example, asking questions like “Was the LG with "flowers" experimental?” is okay. You can say “The LG section with "flowers" was real!” But you cannot say “the 3rd game of the real section was In/Out game.

TL;DR: PLEASE don't talk specifics about June 2018 LSAT!

Have fun discussing!

Hey guys! You can’t mention which game was what kind of game (In/Out, Sequencing etc.)

54 karma

@akistotle akkk okay sorry, thanks for mod'ing it!