Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just watched RBG Movie...

tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
in General 3679 karma

... and I am so freaking motivated. If I didnt love lawyering before I sure do now. So inspirational; so mesmerizing... I may have gotten a little emotional but lets just blame it on the preggo hormones. Has anyone else watched it yet? Am I the only one having a serious Come-To-Jesus moment?

https://media0.giphy.com/media/O9BXteOI7ywJW/giphy.gif

Comments

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

I had that moment when I watched Seeing Allred on Netflix <3 havent seen the RBG movie yet

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

Going this weekend to see it. Really looking forward to it

• btate87btate87 Alum Member
    edited June 2018 782 karma

Watched it two weekends ago to motivate me to push through the next week. Totally worked!

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

@"surfy surf" said:
    I had that moment when I watched Seeing Allred on Netflix <3 havent seen the RBG movie yet

oooo another good one.

3679 karma

@LSAT_Wrecker said:
    Going this weekend to see it. Really looking forward to it

ENJOY!

3679 karma

@btate87 said:
    Watched it the weekend two weekends ago to motivate me to push through the next week. Totally worked!

Oh for sure .. I need to add this movie to that motivational movie thread that someone posted a few weeks ago.

• amatthews304amatthews304 Alum Member
    215 karma

This was my Sunday, pre-test activity. Perfect balance of taking my mind off things and motivating me for Monday! And I don't think you have to blame the emotions on preggo hormones... I maaaay have teared up a time or two.

• spitzy11spitzy11 Alum Member
    772 karma

AMAZING

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma
  • saraheq1saraheq1 Alum Member
    122 karma

Omg It was amazing. I cried so many times. highly recommend to anyone who needs a good legal film!

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

It sounds great! Is it on Netflix?? I haven't seen advertisments for it.

3679 karma

@amatthews304 said:
    This was my Sunday, pre-test activity. Perfect balance of taking my mind off things and motivating me for Monday! And I don't think you have to blame the emotions on preggo hormones... I maaaay have teared up a time or two.

what a PERFECT pre-test movie!

3679 karma

@saraheq1 said:
    Omg It was amazing. I cried so many times. highly recommend to anyone who needs a good legal film!

I'm so glad I wasnt the only one crying!

3679 karma

@LCMama2017 said:

No; it's playing in select theaters nationwide. Here in Dallas it's playing in more 'boutique' movie houses.

• 224 karma

The movie was an interesting look into the career of one of America's most distinguished lawyers, but I think it could have been done without the partisan pandering to SJW's. The producers obviously knew their audience and gave them exactly what they wanted - validation of their liberal ideology and confirmation bias that conservatives are backwards, misogynist deplorables. I found the movie about as enjoyable as the September 2016 Eileen Gray reading comp passage.

• btownsqueebtownsquee Alum Member
    1207 karma

Omg, I'll have to check out this movie!!

3679 karma

@onecallthatsall said:
    The movie was an interesting look into the career of one of America's most distinguished lawyers, but I think it could have been done without the partisan pandering to SJW's. The producers obviously knew their audience and gave them exactly what they wanted - validation of their liberal ideology and confirmation bias that conservatives are backwards, misogynist deplorables. I found the movie about as enjoyable as the September 2016 Eileen Gray reading comp passage.

Disagree but ... mmkay. I will concur the Eileen Gray passage is THE single most boring thing I've read lol it's worst than watching the lacquer they keep bringing up in the passage dry.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/RKS1pHGiUUZ2g/giphy.gif

3679 karma

@btownsquee said:
    Omg, I'll have to check out this movie!!

YES YOU DOOOOOO! :)

• Tom_TangoTom_Tango Alum Member
    902 karma

@"surfy surf" said:

this is a joke right

2134 karma

@onecallthatsall said:

What is SJW?

I'll skip the Eileen Gray passage, lol.

• 224 karma

@LCMama2017 said:

What is SJW?

I'll skip the Eileen Gray passage, lol.

SJW = Social Justice Warrior. Ya know... the purple haired basement dwelling types that feel the need enact swift and violent social justice on anyone who believes differently than they do, all in the name of tolerance and progress. Real peachy, fascist types.

And yes!! Skip Eileen Gray passage, preserve your sanity.

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

@onecallthatsall said:

SJW = Social Justice Warrior. Ya know... the purple haired basement dwelling types that feel the need enact swift and violent social justice on anyone who believes differently than they do, all in the name of tolerance and progress. Real peachy, fascist types.

Social justice warrior [Source: Wikipedia] (commonly abbreviated SJW) is a pejorative term for an individual who promotes socially progressive views, including feminism, civil rights, and multiculturalism, as well as identity politics.

Fascism [source Merriam-Webster dictionary] :a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition.

Wow, now I'm really excited about the movie. I've never seen someone attribute two totally diametrically opposite political / social philosophies to the same entity. That must be an exciting and groundbreaking piece of cinematic art. Please don't tell me there is anything intentionally inflammatory or hyperbolic in your description which might cause me to be disappointed...

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Hoping lots of children and youth go to it.

3679 karma

@LSAT_Wrecker said:

@onecallthatsall said:

Social justice warrior [Source: Wikipedia] (commonly abbreviated SJW) is a pejorative term for an individual who promotes socially progressive views, including feminism, civil rights, and multiculturalism, as well as identity politics.

Fascism [source Merriam-Webster dictionary] :a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition.

Wow, now I'm really excited about the movie. I've never seen someone attribute two totally diametrically opposite political / social philosophies to the same entity. That must be an exciting and groundbreaking piece of cinematic art. Please don't tell me there is anything intentionally inflammatory or hyperbolic in your description which might cause me to be disappointed...

https://media2.giphy.com/media/yVZrYMkdgY5Pi/giphy.gif

2134 karma

@tringo335 said:

@LSAT_Wrecker said:

@onecallthatsall said:

https://media2.giphy.com/media/yVZrYMkdgY5Pi/giphy.gif

lol tringo!

• Bevs ScooterMinionBevs ScooterMinion Alum Member
    1018 karma

I haven't yet. Can hardly wait until my area is progressive enough to show it in any of its theaters. sigh Thanks for the Allred recommendation too.

Note to self: must catch up on SJW/fascist stuff...

• Bevs ScooterMinionBevs ScooterMinion Alum Member
    1018 karma

P.S. CONGRATULATIONS, @tringo335 on upcoming mommyhood! <3

I'm so outta the loop. But now I'm back. Stalking a thread new you (everyone). :smiley:

• FMBTheSecondFMBTheSecond Alum Member
    18 karma

I saw it too! I found it so cute that her husband had to drag her away from work. Congrats on the pregnancy! I wish you become as successful as RGB!

3679 karma

@FMBTheSecond said:
    I saw it too! I found it so cute that her husband had to drag her away from work. Congrats on the pregnancy! I wish you become as successful as RGB!

Thank you!!! Wouldnt that be the dream!!

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

Thanks for the recommendation...I loved it #notorious

• alyhobbsalyhobbs Alum Member
    715 karma

@tringo335 said:

@LCMama2017 said:

No; it's playing in select theaters nationwide. Here in Dallas it's playing in more 'boutique' movie houses.

Speaking of Dallas where did you go to see it? I've never heard of either of these places lol. This movie sounds good so I might have to take a break and go check it out.

3679 karma

@alyhobbs said:

@tringo335 said:

@LCMama2017 said:

Speaking of Dallas where did you go to see it? I've never heard of either of these places lol. This movie sounds good so I might have to take a break and go check it out.

They had it at the Alamo for a while, the Angelika and Magnolia Theaters. Now the only place left it's playing is the Magnolia on McKinney downtown. Go see it before they stop playing it too! :)

edited June 2018 715 karma

@tringo335 said:

@alyhobbs said:

@tringo335 said:

@LCMama2017 said:

They had it at the Alamo for a while, the Angelika and Magnolia Theaters. Now the only place left it's playing is the Magnolia on McKinney downtown. Go see it before they stop playing it too! :)

Aww man I love the Alamo! They have the best fried pickles and that's saying something because I don't even like fried pickles lol. Oops read that wrong and thought you said downtown McKinney lol. Either way I will check it out. Thanks so much!

3679 karma

@alyhobbs said:

@tringo335 said:

@alyhobbs said:

@tringo335 said:

@LCMama2017 said:

Aww man I love the Alamo! They have the best fried pickles and that's saying something because I don't even like fried pickles lol. Oops read that wrong and thought you said downtown McKinney lol. Either way I will check it out. Thanks so much!

I seriously have become so spoiled because we hardly watch movies anywhere else now except the Alamo lol. I love their buffalo cauliflower appetizer! And the temptress shake before they took it off the menu :( I haven't tried the pickles yet!!

715 karma

@tringo335 said:

@alyhobbs said:

@tringo335 said:

@alyhobbs said:

@tringo335 said:

@LCMama2017 said:

I seriously have become so spoiled because we hardly watch movies anywhere else now except the Alamo lol. I love their buffalo cauliflower appetizer! And the temptress shake before they took it off the menu :( I haven't tried the pickles yet!!

Ohh that sounds good too! I haven't been able to find the time to watch movies these days but that is definitely my go to theater!