September'18 Study Group | Blind Review PT 39 | Thursday, June 14th | 7:30 pm EST

2»

Comments

• xtinextinextinextine Member
    861 karma

Thank you again for organizing this, @keets993 ! This was my first BR call so I was pretty nervous. Thank you to everyone who gave good info/feedback during the call!

• ElleWoods77ElleWoods77 Alum Member
    1184 karma

@BinghamtonDave said:
    I look forward to working with this group! Excellent work tonight.

@BinghamtonDave you were so helpful, I definitely look forward to continue to work with you on BR calls :)

1184 karma

@xtinextine said:
    Thank you again for organizing this, @keets993 ! This was my first BR call so I was pretty nervous. Thank you to everyone who gave good info/feedback during the call!

You did great :), see ya next week!

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    edited June 2018 6045 karma

Thanks everyone who made it either for parts or the whole thing. I hope that the people who had mic issues are able to get them resolved for next week. This made learning for the LSAT so much fun and I can't wait to continue. Since we only got through section 2, those who want to do section 4 of LR please message me ASAP and we can try to squeeze that session in before next thursday. Perhaps we can do this weekend so that west coast people might be able to join?

@"Beast Mode" @"alyhobbs" @"lsatplaylist" @"wrasschaert" @"xtinextine" @"Emily2122" @"kragdar2000" @"Merp_Merp" @"Shazia..." @"scales_of_j" @"mjmonte17" @"Sarah_39" @"elviozeze23" @"kwdardis" @"PandaRamen" @"Nabintou" @"Nora1995" @"Nefertari" @"Castillo" @"toniafisher1" @"legallyspoonie" @"ajaraya0" @"foxtrot96" @"ML_LSAT_Killa" @LSATSurvivor" @Maritzaa @"ahous001" @LivingThatLSATdream @"Ortiz_44" @"Linda1205" @"juanmapm" @AshleighK @"LauraC120" @"Tongan_Rambo" @"ybao523" @"Kermit750" @"Tortsillustrated" @"alyssamcc0593" @"venalexb" @"L.Etranger" @"tmcdonald03" @AngusMcGillis @"MinnaH." @"surfy surf" @"paulmv.benthem" @Micolash @LastLSAT @KLKuhnnn @ychen1026 @Lilzillaa @vanessacb518 @beeh922 @JenBrooklyn @JD_Davis @jhanco10 @RedNomad @kragdar2000 @AlexRexeger @bcallahan95 @LCMama2017 @"Victoria." @yypc2001 @cgracia12 @ColinTurner610 @Ellie0257 @acevere84 @rpadr007 @TheLSATer @Stanford_Hopeful @T_Sense1 @Fluccci3 @Dacalvert @Sadaf529 @VDH_dee5 @Dacalvert @"Adam Hawks" @vanessaray4 @Gladiator_2017 @gogulky @Mimsquad @BinghamtonDave @twssmith @"chung.rachel.h" @CRLSUUUU @"Sarah J." @neliusg67 @ElleWoods77 @btownsquee @michael_theodore @1percntr @theLSATstruggs @alyssamcc0593 @"Love is Justice" @BrianSeo

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma

@BinghamtonDave said:
    Excellent work tonight.

David, you are so valued in your input and so exceptional in your knowledge. It has been a gift to have you a part of my lsat journey and know that the Sept group already sees what I have always known about your dedication to mastery of this test but also your willingness to share your knowledge to help others <3

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma

@keets993 Thank you for sharing my passion and awesome experience with you leading the BR calls. Best 1st BR call I have ever attended <3

So excited how everyone immediately embraced being a vocal/chat part of the group!! Very Special :smile:
    All the best for Sept and always know that I am here in any way to support all of you achieving your potential and more:)
    Tyler

• Adam HawksAdam Hawks Alum Member
    990 karma

@keets993 I'm down to do S4 whenever. Just put the word out, and I'll swoop in.

• paulmv.benthempaulmv.benthem Alum Member
    1032 karma

@"Adam Hawks" said:

Same here! Though, depending on what evening, I might need to pass. Gotta get some sleep the night before PTs.

Also, did anybody go and check what the correct choice was for that argument part question regarding frogs? I haven't checked it yet, but I couldn't get it out of my head as I was trying to get to sleep. :P

1184 karma

@keets993 said:
    Thanks everyone who made it either for parts or the whole thing. I hope that the people who had mic issues are able to get them resolved for next week. This made learning for the LSAT so much fun and I can't wait to continue. Since we only got through section 2, those who want to do section 4 of LR please message me and we can try to squeeze that session in before next thursday.

I am down, that section destroyed me compared to section 2.

1184 karma

@"paulmv.benthem" said:

@"Adam Hawks" said:

Same here! Though, depending on what evening, I might need to pass. Gotta get some sleep the night before PTs.

Also, did anybody go and check what the correct choice was for that argument part question regarding frogs? I haven't checked it yet, but I couldn't get it out of my head as I was trying to get to sleep. :P

I graded my PT right after and it looks like we were right it was D, I knew E didn't sit right with me.

• paulmv.benthempaulmv.benthem Alum Member
    1032 karma

@ElleWoods77 said:
    I graded my PT right after and it looks like we were right it was D, I knew E didn't sit right with me.

Hmmm...so it was D. Even though I choose it as my original choice, I think I'll still write out an explanation in my notebook for that one. It was a really tricky one.

1184 karma

@"paulmv.benthem" said:

@ElleWoods77 said:

Hmmm...so it was D. Even though I choose it as my original choice, I think I'll still write out an explanation in my notebook for that one. It was a really tricky one.

I completely agree, it was actually a 4 star question and the scientific language was not helpful.

• Jennifer 2021-1-1Jennifer 2021-1-1 Core Member
    204 karma

This was my first BR and I really like it, thank you @keets993 for everything. Today I completed my blind review in all the sections. So please let me know if are you guys going to do S4. Thank you.

• btownsqueebtownsquee Alum Member
    edited June 2018 1207 karma

I just reviewed question 16. Wow this was soooo tricky!!

The statement about frogs is a premise in both of the arguments.

Dr. S and Dr. G both use this as a premise but don't explicitly claim is as one of their premises. This is so tricky since the statement is in the SAME SENTENCE as the one about Dr. S's argument.

I don't think we were wrong about the definition of assumption. I think we didn't realize that the statement is part of the context of this stimulus and is used as an assumption in both Dr. S and Dr. G's arguments. Very subtle...

I maintain my reasoning for why C is wrong: the argument doesn't say the only two contendors are lungfish and coelacanths.

I can't put my finger on why exactly E is wrong. I said this during the SG but it seems similar to why C is wrong. It implies that Dr. S is correct or Dr. G is correct. What if there is some other genius, like Dr. JY, who is correct? The statement is a jumping off point for ALL biologists--Dr. S, Dr. G, and all other biologists in the world of this question.

P.S. This study group was so helpful!!!!!!!!! I really appreciate how in depth this discussion was. :)

• NovLSAT2019NovLSAT2019 Alum Member
    620 karma

@keets993 said:
    September'18 Study Group | Blind Review PT 39 | Thursday, June 14th | 7:30 pm EST

Note: Take the PT under timed conditions; BR to the best of your abilities; join us for all or part of the call! For the purposes of the group please don't check the answers beforehand. If you happen to know the answer, keep it to yourself, and win the argument using your reasoning. Also, please don't go "so I know the answer is C but I don't know why B is wrong?" as the purpose is so that we all collaborate on improving our reasoning skills.

Ohhhhhhh so this is how these calls work. Just take the PT under timed condition and BR without checking the answer choice and give the reasoning for your answer during the call. Is this a weekly thing? Can I join in next time?

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

@BrianSeo Yep that's right! That way if you're still unsure on a question that we can talk about it as a group. And even if you think you know the answer, sometimes the methods or different types of reasoning people use can help you see the question in a new way. Yeah join us :) I'll add you to the list.

861 karma

@keets993 I'd also be down to do S4! I'm pretty flexible.

• alyhobbsalyhobbs Alum Member
    715 karma

I am also available to go over S4 either Saturday/Sunday/Wednesday 5pm central or later. If y'all pick a different time no worries I will be at the next BR. Sorry about my mic issues but that should be fixed by next time. Hopefully the lag as well :smiley: Great great job everyone!

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    edited June 2018 2124 karma

I wasn't able to fully participate due to mic issues, but I'm looking forward to the BR calls. I'm down to go over section 4 anytime between Monday and Wednesday. Thank you for organizing this! @keets993

edited June 2018 861 karma

@alyhobbs @Kermit750 IDK if this is an issue you guys had, but I've had mic issues with my laptop in the past. Last night, I think Tyler mentioned calling in to the group through the GoToMeeting app to use as a mic...so I quickly downloaded it during the call and it worked great (just remember to mute your laptop audio)! It might ask you to sign in, but you can ignore that and just enter the meeting ID!

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    edited June 2018 2124 karma

@xtinextine Thanks! I'll try this.

• Kristen BKristen B Member
    388 karma

@keets993 Hello! I am open to do section 4 as well. Also, thanks again for the wonderful BR call, as many mentioned this was my first time too.

• alyhobbsalyhobbs Alum Member
    715 karma

@xtinextine said:
    @alyhobbs @Kermit750 IDK if this is an issue you guys had, but I've had mic issues with my laptop in the past. Last night, I think Tyler mentioned calling in to the group through the GoToMeeting app to use as a mic...so I quickly downloaded it during the call and it worked great (just remember to mute your laptop audio)! It might ask you to sign in, but you can ignore that and just enter the meeting ID!

Ohhh totally missed this! I actually went ahead and got a headset to try so hopefully that resolves it but if not I will do the other suggestion. I learned a lot and want to make sure I can participate more so I can get more insight on my thinking on some questions.