Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I’m so discouraged right now***

Cachi2719Cachi2719 Alum Member
in General 176 karma

I took my first practice test only to find I did not have enough time to finish the sections
How can I possibly pick up speed***

Comments

• paulmv.benthempaulmv.benthem Alum Member
    1032 karma

Was this a cold diagnostic test?

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Lots, and I mean lots, of practice. I started not being able to finish sections in time. (LR and RC especially) and the more familiar and comfortable I got with the test the faster I got. I eventually (after a year of work) got to the point where I’d finish each section with 5-8 minutes to spare.

This test cannot be rushed. One PT is no indication of how you’ll preform after spending a lot of time working with this test.

Everything will work out, trust the process.

• Cachi2719Cachi2719 Alum Member
    176 karma

I did the core curriculum ,but my first practice test,so maybe you wouldn’t consider it cold diagnostic

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Don't worry about this too much. It was the first one you'd done after the CC, and there are going to be many more practice tests after this one. Stay in the game and we're here for you. Also, I feel like we should reward ourselves for getting through the CC.

• ebalde1234ebalde1234 Member
    905 karma

the key is repetition most people after finishing the CC post on the forum saying 1, their score did not go up , or there were some other major areas of concern - allow the material to sink it , review as needed and do more practice PT'S, blind review ( and address key areas of weakness)

you are not alone :)

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

Learn which question types you can really trust yourself on, and don't second-guess yourself on those. With LG, make sure that once you see the right answer you move on. Also, I see you have the starter package. You get access to a lot more resources with the larger packages, like more difficult questions. If you aren't used to practicing those harder questions, how can you expect to be as fast while doing them? In summary: trust yourself and give yourself a break! You're doing great.