Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you stay calm until Grey Day?

JerryClarke242JerryClarke242 Alum Member
in General 602 karma

So I took the LSAT last Monday, and I am fairly confident I got the score I wanted. I thought I would be able to relax once the test was over, but I seem to be just as anxious as ever, if not more. At this point I don't know what I dislike more: studying for the LSAT, taking the LSAT, or waiting on the score. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• btate87btate87 Alum Member
    782 karma

I'm right there with you man. Currently going full steam ahead on Netflix. It's working... okay. Moviepass has also been my bff.

• Habeas PorpoiseHabeas Porpoise Alum Member Sage
    edited June 2018 1866 karma

I get what you mean, I've been a bit more restless now than I was taking the test. I already miss studying for it, but I'm forcing myself to take a break since I might need to begin studying again for September after scores are released anyway.

I recommend just keeping busy. Hang out with friends, clean, read, workout/play sports, watch cute puppy videos, study something else (like a foreign language, random science facts, geography trivia, etc).

I put off a ton of stuff until after this test and have been using these past couple days to catch up. The first day after the exam I kept thinking about my score, but then I decided that wondering about my score won't suddenly make scores come out faster, so there's no point contemplating it.

Two weeks will go by quickly enough! I mean, most of us waited months for college admissions, right?

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

@JerryClarke242 said:
    So I took the LSAT last Monday, and I am fairly confident I got the score I wanted. I thought I would be able to relax once the test was over, but I seem to be just as anxious as ever, if not more. At this point I don't know what I dislike more: studying for the LSAT, taking the LSAT, or waiting on the score. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

It's out of your hands. If I was in your shoes i'd start working on my typing speed and reading more. Both of those things seem to be really important skills for law school. And of course, work on your apps if you haven't finished them already.

• Nico K331Nico K331 Alum Member
    57 karma

Right there with you. I woke up at 5:30 am yesterday with a start and raced to the LSAC site. Of course there was nothing to see. I keep repeating the mantra I tell my youngest daughter: worrying doesn’t change tomorrow, it just ruins today.

In the meantime, I’m getting into a strict exercise regime (see you later, anxiety), working on my apps and joining Rosetta Stone to improve a few languages. Routine + self-improvement = win regardless of what’s happening with my score.

Hope you can find some time for yourself!

• KeepCalmKeepCalm Alum Member
    edited June 2018 807 karma

I agree with everyone, @btate87 Netflix will definitely help you pass the time
    (genre: COMEDY!). @"Niko K331" yes! An exercise regime would help you immensely--leave it in the hands of cardio & music to help relieve your anxiety :) @Ohnoeshalpme reading is a great option & working on your apps is definitely something to good to take care of with the extra time that you have. Good luck with everything!

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

Do something you have been putting off while you studied. It is a great way to get caught up on all of the things you missed out on. For me, that meant unhealthy amounts of video games :blush:

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Maybe sleep. Maybe doing something to help others. Maybe revising your essays. Maybe making a batch of cookies and serving with ice cream. Maybe stopping at a pet supply store for a gift, then giving it to an animal shelter and visiting the animals. And for the exam, just remember whatever happens, it's going to be ok.

• kimpg_66kimpg_66 Alum Member
    1617 karma

Focus on other law school things helped me. I was a year out from applying, but I wrote a draft of my PS. I contacted a professor to write an LoR. I started looking at what schools I should target. I channeled all of my nervous energy somewhere else that also felt productive.

Buttttt I also lost all motivation for school work after my test (Dec.) lmao. Which I was fine with, because I had been pushing myself way too hard. Maybe finding a nice long series on Netflix would do ya good--something people have been watching but you haven't been able to get to. I recommend Jane the Virgin, Breaking Bad, or Supernatural. All three very different shows, but all very binge-worthy :)

• ebalde1234ebalde1234 Member
    905 karma

Great suggestions , for me personally after the July exam I will be working on my law school application, maybe that will help you with the restlessness. And you can feel like you are being productive as well, keep in mind if you need to rewrite to review the material lightly until you get your score. Sending you good vibes

• NovLSAT2019NovLSAT2019 Alum Member
    620 karma

I feel you there. I can't believe it's only been a week since the exam. I think I might be slightly burnt out or have some sort of post LSAT blues. I've been trying to distance myself from LSAT to really enjoy some time off but here I am lurking on 7Sage forum again haha. I've been playing a lot more tennis with my friends lately and it has been very helpful for me.