Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you stay sharp after foolproofing?

Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
in Logic Games 2186 karma

I foolproofed every game from PT 19-38. Then I shifted my focus to Logical Reasoning and I've found I'm slower than I was at the height of my foolproofing. Will this speed come back if I incorporate a LG section into my prep every day? I suppose I'm worried I might regress while studying for LR and RC.

Comments

• btate87btate87 Alum Member
    782 karma

I review 5 or so games of a certain type each day.

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

I'm not sure that you need to do LG every day. I am at PT30 in my fool-proof journey and I still feel like i'm not as strong as I expected by this point. I'm gonna go back and do all of the games as sections and then review the games that trip me up. This way I can stay sharp with LG while diverting most of my attention away from fool-proofing.

• paulmv.benthempaulmv.benthem Alum Member
    1032 karma

For the three PTs I took after finishing foolproofing PT1-35, I averaged about -1 in LG. Consequently, I didn't do much to maintain the skill, and it was reflect in my scores, dropping to -4. Since then, I've been doing at least one section of logic games every other day, and that's gotten me back to where I was.

That being said, I also have found a ton of value in spending an hour focusing on a particular game-type, drilling games of that type and reviewing. I would even go so far as to say that this has helped me to stay sharp more effectively than drilling full sections. Though, full sections still have their purpose.

• Return On InferenceReturn On Inference Alum Member
    503 karma

I never stopped foolproofing. I do these sadistic Sudoku puzzles every single morning.

• NovLSAT2019NovLSAT2019 Alum Member
    620 karma

I foolproofed a section of LG today after not doing anything LSAT related since the June exam and got through it sooooooo much faster than how I did two weeks ago. I usually take notes on how long it took me to do each games, recommended time for those games, level of difficulty, how many questions right/wrong. You might just need some time off for your brain to digest and recover from the intense foolproofing session. Doing more won’t necessarily help... While I believe in intense study sessions, sometimes doing less could actually be more beneficial.

• LivingThatLSATdreamLivingThatLSATdream Alum Member
    500 karma

I keep clean copies of LG with me pretty much all the time. I foolproofed through PT35, but I like to go back and do them to keep my mind on it. I set a timer on my phone and work on it during work breaks, waiting for an appt, commercial breaks, basically when I know I have 15 minutes or so and a table. I do this for LG above PT35 also, as long as I’ve already completed the PT in timed conditions and BR it. I should probably create a notebook with LR questions I’ve had difficulty with to review on breaks, or RC passages. That may be a better use of my break times at this point to be honest, but I just love that every PT I know I’ll get -0 and I don’t want to lose that!