Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ultimate+ users... did you all print out PT 1-35 and time/BR them?

Gunningfor121Gunningfor121 Alum Member
in General 517 karma

Of course, I plan to print out/BR PT 36-83, but I was curious about what is the best use for PTs 1-35 since many of the questions have already been taught.

Comments

• LastLSATLastLSAT Alum Member
    1028 karma

I didn't print anything other than answer sheets (I just bought the official LSAC test books). Ink and paper are more expensive than the real thing haha.

When foolproofing PT 1-35 LGs, I just wrote everything down in regular notebooks and kept track of my data in an excel sheet.

Every once in a while, I'd try to do a PT from 1-35 by just looking at the screen and recording my answers on the scantron.

• Gunningfor121Gunningfor121 Alum Member
    517 karma

Ink and paper are more expensive than the real thing haha>

@LastLSAT in my situation, I've actually got free ink and paper at my disposal so I think I'll print it. I think I recall J.Y saying doing the problems on paper is more beneficial than doing them off the screen just because it's more congruent with the way we'll actually take the test

• alyhobbsalyhobbs Alum Member
    715 karma

Well that depends on what your goal is. Are you trying to take as many PTs as possible? If so then there is nothing wrong with using 1-35. Even though the majority of the questions are in the problem sets, they are used as practice but not as actual timed full sections. Personally I used them two ways: first I printed the LG bundle for foolproofing, second I printed out all of the LR drills (you can find them in between the PTs farther down in the course). These are beneficial for when I start drilling specific question types, which I will be doing soon. Many of the ones that were used in the problem sets I have marked with either the answer if I got it right, or I mark them in red if I previously got them wrong. These in my opinion are the most important. Also a good side tip, (but extremely time consuming) is when you print out each PT, save them as a PDF at the same time. This has come in handy for example when I need to print out an additional copy for BR and I don't have to wait for it to load on the browser. It's saved directly on my computer whenever I need.

• LastLSATLastLSAT Alum Member
    1028 karma

@"David Bennett" said:

Ink and paper are more expensive than the real thing haha>

@LastLSAT in my situation, I've actually got free ink and paper at my disposal so I think I'll print it. I think I recall J.Y saying doing the problems on paper is more beneficial than doing them off the screen just because it's more congruent with the way we'll actually take the test

Great! If you can print them for free, why not? I'd do all the PTs I could in your case!

And yeah, I totally agree that it's best to PT on real printed tests! I was just commenting on using PT 1-35 for drilling. I just wasn't as strict on sticking to printed copies when FPing or practicing individual sections.

• Return On InferenceReturn On Inference Alum Member
    503 karma

I only used PTs 1-35 for drilling.

The CC uses up quite a fair bit of content from 1-35, so if you've done the CC taking them as timed exams wouldn't be that representative. Still could be good practice though.

I printed out two copies (double sided) of all the games 1-35 and then used transparency pockets and dry erase markers to foolproof the games. That way, I didn't need to print off 10+ copies of each game.