Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

N

dansykes94dansykes94 Core Member
edited January 2019 in Law School Admissions 112 karma

H

Comments

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

If your goal is Chicago Big Law, anything below T14 is gonna be a stretch. At a 3.0 GPA you'll probably need a 172+ to be considered at most schools.

In that case, continue studying - postpone even - until you feel you are able to score above a 172 on test day.

• Jane1990Jane1990 Alum Member
    197 karma

Have you considered other top 25 schools in the Midwest? Even with your GPA, with a 170+ LSAT score, you have a good shot at WUSTL and Minnesota with scholarship (http://mylsn.info/and472/).

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I think this question would be much better asked once it's a reality, with your offers in hand. It's too difficult to speculate the little details without knowing what the actual offers are. With a 3.0, you'll need the absolute best LSAT score you can get. If you want to be considered at NU, you should definitely be aiming for 170+ and probably more like 172+. But even then, splitter cycles are extremely unpredictable. So, it's a much better strategy at this point to just focus all your energy on crushing the LSAT and writing really strong essays.

I would also recommend keeping your options very wide open. Especially given that you'll be a splitter, you should consider applying to a lot of schools in the area. WUSTL, Michigan, Notre Dame, etc.

Good luck!

• Adam HawksAdam Hawks Alum Member
    990 karma

Worry about the test first. Because none of it matters right now. Until you get the offers in your hand, focus only on the test.

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

Would having a definite answer to this very hypothetical question change how you study for the LSAT?

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

Northwestern is way worth the difference in cost. Even if it were solely for the potential opportunities that you can't foresee. But I agree to revisit this once you actually apply.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Especially with cycles becoming more competitive, you should be focused on the LSAT. The only hypothetical you should think about is how can I attack that oddball game or reading comprehension passage. Take things step by step. As this cycle has proven, there are no gurantees. And the best thing you can do is just focus on mastering the LSAT. Come back to us after you get a score on file if you have questions on which schools to choose.

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

@"Adam Hawks" said:
    Worry about the test first. Because none of it matters right now. Until you get the offers in your hand, focus only on the test.

I agree with this. No point in speculating now.